I Ching readings here

• Genuine requests only!

• Go ahead. Roll em! I'm feeling lucky. The wheel turns up!

• Never had one of these! I would love a general reading!

• Blmoon, your areading is hexagram 37 mocing to hexagram hexagram is -

Hexagram 37 (the present) - People in the Home

Key Questions

Where are the boundaries of the 'home' you inhabit?

How are you building inner and outer relationships into a home?

What kinds of growth does this environment support?

Oracle

'People in the home.

A woman's constancy is fruitful.'

The old Chinese character for 'home' shows a pig under a roof. A home is where people rear a pig together, sharing wealth, work and value. People in the home cooperate in their shared space and invest in it together (as in a family, workplace, school of thought or culture), and within the structure it provides they can recognize and understand what is valuable. To create a successful home, you need to have the constancy of a woman. Steadily, over time, your work creates a space in which all can grow freely into their natural form, and find their place and their connections with others. You allow space for new things to enter and grow, becoming part of the whole inner ecosystem. You keep the space for living in.

You are moving to

Hexagram 42 (the future) - Increasing

Key Questions

What would you do if you knew you were blessed?

What if there were no limits?

What could change for the better?

Oracle

'Increasing, fruitful to have a direction to go.

Fruitful to cross the great river.'

The old Chinese character for Increasing shows a pot filled to overflowing. It means blessing and superabundance, like the timely rain that brings a rich harvest. Increase simply flows, without limit; there is no need for restrictive frameworks to contain it, but only for tools to work with it. When you are blessed, it is good to respond with purpose and movement: participating in the increase, pouring more in, you receive more in return. Let yourself imagine where you want to be, and take the first steps that commit you to going there. This is how to keep the momentum.

• Asia118x, your reading is hexagram 42 (the present) moving to hexagram 27 (the future).

Hexagram 42 (the present) - Increasing

Key Questions

What would you do if you knew you were blessed?

What if there were no limits?

What could change for the better?

Oracle

'Increasing, fruitful to have a direction to go.

The old Chinese character for Increasing shows a pot filled to overflowing. It means blessing and superabundance, like the timely rain that brings a rich harvest. Increase simply flows, without limit; there is no need for restrictive frameworks to contain it, but only for tools to work with it. When you are blessed, it is good to respond with purpose and movement: participating in the increase, pouring more in, you receive more in return. Let yourself imagine where you want to be, and take the first steps that commit you to going there. This is how to keep the momentum.

Hexagram 27 (the future) - Nourishment

Key Questions

What would nourish you?

How is your hunger motivating you?

If you accept this as nourishment, who will you become?

Oracle

'Nourishment: constancy brings good fortune.

See the jaws,

Your own quest for something real to fill your mouth.'

Literally, this hexagram is called 'Jaws': it means not only what you eat, but all the processes and structures that sustain nourishment. It includes all forms of nourishment: physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual... all creating and re-creating an individual 'ecosystem' to sustain and shape you. Constancy brings good fortune: steady, clear persistence in honouring what truly sustains you. Yi calls on you to see the jaws – to become aware. How do you habitually nourish yourself and others? What deep instincts are at work here? What real nourishment are you seeking?

• wow! Thank you. Good read. I would say it is right on with what's going on right now. I have indeed been pumping up my ownership of space with the intention it will increase my power to nurture others who come into my space. Once I create a space that keeps me nurtured I can focus on a vision and take that vision into completion. Sky's the limit!

• just reread my I Ching! After a rest, mustering up the energy and intention to work on this again! Calling all Fairies....let's make a home that nurtures and sustains and invites gratitude and cooperation! Amen.

• double AMEN!

• bump

• bump

• Thank you Captain for the wonderful read. Ive been reflecting on this reading since recieving it. I haven't taken the time to actually acknowledge my blessings through all the turmoil and realized Im focusing on the wrong things. I am truly blessed, strong and powerful and need to focus on the bright future and not the temporary pain. I appreciate the beautiful read. I should read this everyday to shape perspective when Im down. Its a great boost!

• BUMP

• Could i have one the Captain, please?

• Moonalisa, your reading is hexagram 48 moving to hexagram 5.

Hexagram 48, the Well (the present)

Key Questions:

What is the ever-present resource you draw from?

What can you do to realize its potential here?

Oracle

'The Well. Moving the city, not moving the well.

Without loss, without gain,

They come and go, the well wells.

Almost drawn the water, but the rope does not quite reach the water,

Or breaking one's clay jug,

Pitfall.'

The people of ancient China would sometimes move a whole city to a more favourable site – and they could take everything with them, except the well. You can transplant your centre and change everything about your life, except for the emotional/spiritual source you draw on to sustain it all. You cannot own this source, nor carry it with you; whenever you move, you will need first of all to dig a new well to reach it. The well itself is utterly dependable: nothing anyone can do will raise or lower the water level. People and experiences come and go; time passes; the well is always the well, and does not change. You need never doubt that you have these resources, or that they are enough. The real question is whether you have the means to reach into such depths, and a steady hand to bring the water up into the real world without loss. To fail would be disastrous. The potential in the situation is undeniable, but it may still be a long way from realization.

Hexagram 5, Waiting (the future)

Key Questions:

How can you wait patiently and with commitment?

While you wait, how can you best make yourself ready?

Oracle

'Waiting, with truth and confidence.

Shining out, creating success: constancy brings good fortune.

You wait for what you need, like a farmer waiting for the weather to change. This is not a passive state; you can dance for rain, influence events by bringing yourself into harmony with the outcome you need. But you cannot force this, you can only attend to it. You will need patience: it may all take much longer than you had imagined. When you are fully present in waiting, your intense attention shines out like a beacon, beginning a creative engagement with the world – not by working on anything, but by waiting on it and holding your faith. And in crossing the river, committing yourself to go as far as you can towards what you're waiting for, you begin the transition into the world where it is real.

• TheCaptain May I have one please?

• May I have one too, TheCaptain? 🙂

• Witchywomen, your reading is hexagram 30 moving to hexagram 22.

Hexagram 30, Clarity (the present)

Key Questions

What do you see?

What does it mean?

How can you nourish and sustain a high level of awareness?

Oracle

'Clarity. Constancy bears fruit.

Creating success.

Raising female cattle is good fortune.'

The ancient Chinese character for Clarity shows a flying bird, and a net to capture it. Birds are messengers; this one represents flashes of insight, the way things can light up and shine out clearly. We weave a net of concepts to grasp the message and hold its meaning in awareness. This is not passive seeing, but a meeting of outer and inner light. Seeing the truth and holding to it with constancy bears fruit. Then the moment of insight can become lasting awareness, so that we enter into creative communication with the signs and messages around us, and truly see other people. Just as a bright light needs fuel, such a level of attention and understanding demands a great deal of energy. Female cattle represent the reserves of strength that sustain awareness, along with a quiet willingness for that strength to be used and guided. They would be the support of an old farming culture, providing both food and power so that the people could develop a higher culture and a better understanding of their world. So take care of your 'cattle', and build up your reserves. As well as paying attention to what you see, nurture your capacity to see; cultivate the part of you that shelters and nourishes new insight.

Hexagram 22, Beauty (the future)

Key Questions

How can you make your essence visible to others?

What do you choose to communicate?

Oracle

'Beauty. Creating success.

Small yield from having a direction to go.'

This is about natural beauty, like the beauty of a plant, whose form is the perfect, simple expression of its nature. It's also about the way people create images to communicate something of a person's or thing's inner nature. This becomes a fruitful way to engage with the world when you have a purpose in mind – like someone who becomes a suitor for the sake of his bride, or a figure of authority for the sake of those she teaches. This is an image created for the sake of communication and relationship, as a first step towards a chosen destination. Yet it only bears a 'small yield' because it is only a first, small step. Becoming something for someone is not sufficient to bring about significant results on its own – it's not the same as wholehearted conviction, or ultimate fulfilment. No created image could ever express a whole person. So this is not a time to concentrate on results: it's a time for imaginative, lively exploration of beautiful ways the essence could flower and be seen.

• Piscesgirl4life, your reading is hexagram 59 moving to hexagram 4.

Hexagram 59, Dispersing (the present)

Key Questions

Where and how can you be less rigid?

Where were the walls in this situation, and what can you see as they dissolve away?

As energy and vitality is liberated from old boundaries, where will it go?

Oracle

'Dispersing, creating success.

The king assumes his temple.

Fruitful to cross the great river,

Constancy bears fruit.'

It is as if a great thaw brought the floods, and everything solid were swept away. All the walls – whether they divided, contained or sheltered – are gone. The familiar landmarks have vanished down the river, and there's a clear view for miles over free-flowing waters. Perhaps this liberates the vital energy of the situation; perhaps it is utterly disorientating. Definitions, dividing lines, agreements, bonds, established patterns of life and thought... all these can be Dispersed, their solidity revealed as an illusion. All that holds things together now is the constancy of the flow itself.

The king 'assumes' his temple: he draws near and enters it, and takes on his most important role as the people's connection to spirits and ancestors. This can also be an inner process: centring your inner authority in your spiritual home; letting your decisions flow from that essential underlying source. With this reconnection, it becomes possible to 'cross the great river' – which has already come to you. The dissolution of the old forms releases energy into new purpose and direction; staying true to the deep connection through the temple, it's good to make the commitment and venture into the unknown.

Hexagram 4, Not Knowing (the future)

Key Questions

What don't you know?

What if you didn't need to know all the answers now?

How can you learn from experience?

Oracle

'Not knowing, creating success.

I do not seek the young ignoramus, the young ignoramus seeks me.

The first consultation speaks clearly.

The second and third pollute the waters,

Polluted, and hence not speaking.

Constancy bears fruit.'

Not Knowing literally means being covered over, like a young animal hidden away in the undergrowth by its mother. So you are ignorant, and cannot see as far as you would like to – but this is not such a terrible thing while you are still so small. To be small and ignorant is a creative, harmonious way to engage with your world, and holding steadily to not knowing – and hence to learning – will bring good results. But this flow, from 'creating success' to 'constancy bears fruit', is interrupted when the young ignoramus goes running after answers, as if it were embarrassing not to know. In his anxious persistence he shows a profound disrespect – for his teacher, and also for the answer he is seeking that he imagines can be had so quickly. So the 'I' who speaks here gives one clear answer, and then may refuse to answer – or perhaps there is just such confusion that no answers can be understood. That speaker can be another person you're asking for a response you need. It can also be the oracle itself, or what speaks through it.

• Thank you Captain 🙂

• MAY. I have one as well, The Captain?