I'd appreciate a new take on my tarot spread please! Still learning. Thank you!

• Hello, I did a tarot spread for myself yesterday. I wondered if anyone else could give me their viewpoint if possible. I drew 6 cards and 5 of those were Major Arcana! Now doesn't this mean that I don't have a lot of choice in this, certain things are set perhaps?

Ten of Wands - Imprisoned by my own thoughts, too much stress. Don't overburden myself.

The HIgh Priestess - Something about trusting my gut instinct and going with my intuition with something?

The Empress - Representing happiness to come, abundance? New cycle beginning. Peaceful, nurturing and caring.

Justice - does this represent some sort of decision?

The World - Moving ahead and continuing to grow. Could be a change for the better in home or career. Could this be a move?

The Hanged Man - Will I have to sacrifice something to attain the above with the world? Could this be that we move and something has to give?

I don't take this to heart and obviously we all have free will but I am interested if anyone has anything else they could add. I was particularly surprised in drawing so many Major Arcana. Fascinating stuff. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to read this! Take care all. Happy days! πŸ˜„

• Oh well, not surprised that I haven't got any replies! πŸ˜„

• I am really sad that nobody took a look at this, why did I get so many Major Arcana??

• Hello intriqued, I am still learning as well i get the feeling that the high priestess next to the empress represents a mother and daughter ,justice represents fairness and balace, to myself the world represents a number of things overseas travel , completion of one cycle the begining of another,final attainment of ones goals .The hanged man can represent a number of things as well spiritual growth, self sacrifice,letting go of the past and moving forward.I think the reason why you have drawn so many major acarna cards is because ther will be alot of major issues coming up for you soon ,i hope i have been able to help in some way like i said i am still learning myself .

• Hello Lilacrose, many thanks for your reply, I really do appreciate your time. Another learner like myself, you are kind to stop by. I think you're right, a lot of major issues coming up which is very interesting! I always thought that when you get a lot of major arcana, it means that some things are set in stone unlike the minor where you can change things. I look forward to letting go of the past and moving forward. I am overseas, so trravel is likely. Thank you! Hope you have a lovely weekend, and that the sun is shining for you. Take care. Happy days :-D.

• Hello again I have also read in many books the same thing about major arcana being set in stone i dont take it to literally , i was wondering what your outake is on death reversed ,i have had this card come out twice for me in the last fornight as i pick five cards for the week and study them i know it means resistance to change and i am not very good at adapting to change it would be nice to know what your thoughts are on the card . Thanks Lilac

• Hi Lilacrose, don't worry, I know we have free will! Death reversed, now let me see - I immediatiely thought of stagnation, things coming to a standstill. After all, when it's the other way up it's all about major change, death of the old way and a new way to come about - rebirth. It is difficult to accept change. I've had many changes in my life and many moves. I think I have become more resistant. What is it that you struggling to adapt to Lilacrose, if you don't mnd me asking. Is there anything coming up on the horizon for you which you're resisting? Take care

πŸ˜„

• Hello again thanks for your insight i have just done my 5 card reading for the week and guess what come out again death reversed for the third week in a row !!!! I am a worrier i worry about things before they happen ,lately i have been struggling financially and i am so worried that i might lose my house, my husband works so we have an income coming in there is no talk about losing my house from anyone but im still worried sick but i dont feel this has anything to do with death rev i really do not understand what its trying to tell me. I am not good at adapting to change but once it happens i eventually go with the flow , there is nothing im resisting or stagnating on another meaning of death rev is denying the true state of a stuation ,im confronting all important issues in my life head on ,its got me beat .Thanks again Intrigued you've been a great help Take care

• Hi there Lilacrose, well fancy getting Death reversed yet again! You sound like me, and probably most of us! Change is very difficult to deal with. People like routine generally and it offers security. If you've been struggling financially, then naturally it will be a worry. Your husband works, is his job quite secure or is that the problem? It isn't? In a way it sounds like you're not going with the flow. You're thinking too much and thinking ahead too much.

The secret of health for both mind and body is

not to mourn for the past, not to worry about

the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but

to live in the present moment, wisely and

earnestly.

Buddha

another little mantra I have pinned to my fridge:-

How are you right now? And each time, the answer is Fine. Stay

right here, in this day, stay right here in your mind. That's one of the

things I say to counsel myself. Also, Leave room for the God factor -

no one can say, with ultimate truth what will happen. And: When you're

afraid to move forward, ask yourself what's the worst that can happen.

and another!

Remember:-

You are the master of every situation.

I hope this helps. I can sense that you are creating a block, a stagnation by resisting.

Take care Liliacrose, life is supposed to have some fun, put some joy back into your life. Can you go out with your hubby for the night, relax and enjoy yourself or with friends. πŸ˜„

• Intrigued do you see anything good for me this weekend? Last month around the first was great! Thanks! Have a blessed day!

• hi intrigued

Twinsoul here. I am sorry no one answered your call. It has happened to me as well. I dont read tarot, but i just wanted you to know that you are loved and cared for, even though sometimes it does not appear that way.

blessings

ts

• Twinsoul - bless your heart for taking the time to reply to my message, and what a lovely message it was too. Thank you, I was very touched. You are a good soul. Hope all is good in your world. Blessing and happy days to you πŸ˜„

• Poetic555 - I can draw a few cards for you later, but I'm not great! Still learning. πŸ˜„

• Well...I just saw this thread and I'm such a novice at reading the cards that I can only look at the definitions in the book and go from there. I do not know how to tie the cards together. I do know that if you get a majority of cards in one suit you should pay attention along with if you pull the same number in multiple suits but that's as far as I get. Seriously....I'm pretty new at it. The readings I have done for myself and others have been pretty accurate according to book definitions but one day I would love to be able to put the "whole" picture together. I did like the way you interpreted your spread between the two of you. I learned something new! :0)

• Hi AuntBuck, you're input is very welcome. I understand exactly what you are saying. I am the same. I just can't seem to put the 'whole' picture together either. I can't seem to feel intuitively at the moment either, although a few cards I do have a great deal more success with than others. When I get the Kings, or Queens I have difficulty - just not sure how to make it flow. Thank you AuntBuck. Keep it up! πŸ˜„

• Dear Intriqued, Thanks for your positive advice and affirmations i will also stick them on my fridge, i am always getting ahead of myself worrying before things happen my mum always says to me"dont worry about things until they happen". Lately i have been surrounding myself in white light sending out prayer and positive affirmations to the universe this has made me feel more at ease . Like i said before i thought i was confronting my issues head on, idont know what it could be that im resisting . Thanks for all the help that youve given me intriqued i am ever so grateful take care lilac xxx

• K. thanks

• I have been reading tarot (and people) for the last 27 years and I am slightly confused as to what you are really asking with this current undefined spread. First (and I emphasize this as any layout is EQUALLY as important as being able to interpret the cards), what chronological order and spread are you using to interpret your present concern? Laying out and reading cards in a story form is fine but without basic structure before card interpretation you are going to bring on more confusion simply because logic is taking over the reading based on book knowledge while your intuition tries to make sense of what you are trying to absorb.

There are several good tarot example books out there to give you some layout ideas but I strongly encourage you to experiment with simple layouts –I recommend no more than 6 cards tops to start (you can always draw more cards later if clarification is needed – there is NO hard rule against this other than what your mind creates based on your desire to comprehend) and then look at where the cards land and match this to the meanings given to the cards as you understand them.

Above all else be open to listening to that inner voice. (As for the meaning of the death card reversed – in the simplest form –this usually indicates some type of stagnation, resistance to change and/or necessary growth in some form – and fear is usually the underlying motivator when the reversal of this card shows up.)

God bless and good luck. I hope this helps clarify some.

• SDNative....would it be possible for you to give us the names of the books that you talked about? I have one book that shows the Celtic Cross spread and is very good about explaining what the cards mean in the various positions that you pull it from. It so far seems to be the most helpful to me in understanding the cards in each of the Celtic Cross positions. It is Tarot Decoder by Kathleen McCormack. Any others that you could suggest would be helpful too. I try to stay with 3-5 card spreads and have just ventured into the Celtic Cross spread because of this book.

• what is the question you are trying to have answered? without much information I would gather after a waiting period and some sacrifices and patience you will have greater results then anticipated and grow in the process.....