An interpretation would be helpful, please and thank you.

• This is a long story but I will try to be as brief as I can. Here's the scenario....

I used to be good friends with my ex-husband. We share a grown daughter and two grandchildren. The youngest born 7/31/09. A beautiful baby Girl 🙂 And an awesome tweenage Man child 🙂

We had been divorced for 13 years when he remarried, 12 years ago. The woman he married has been "trouble" for all of us ever since. (She being the dominant person in their relationship) To the degree that he and I are no longer friends and his relationship with his daughter is very strained to say the least. Nor am I a part of his family in any way any longer. I (and my partner) used to be invited to family functions and welcomed at my ex in laws home. Understand these folks were my family since I was 16 years old.

About two years ago I wrote her and asked her to please stop bothering me as I no longer wanted to even try to be her friend, after numerous painful failed attempts.

She recently sent me a card just after my birthday. "just a note, ect ect...I hope you will find it in you to forgive errors of the past". Sounds pretty vague. She is a Gemini and in my experience some are not so great at apologies and or admitting when they are wrong, possibly that is the best she can do?

As I said we just had a new grandbaby and I believe since my daughter won't respond to her she is now trying to get to my daughter, so to speak, through me, something she has tried before believing that I have some control over my daughter and her attitude. I assure you, I do not. My daughter is very independant. For some time she had a relationship with this woman inspite of how I was cast out of their lives... and my character maligned.

I am searching my heart trying to discern if there is any sincerity in her gesture or if it is just another attempt to manipulate things, my gut tells me it is just that.

I received a free birthday reading from this great site 😉 and decided to use it to try and get some clarity regarding this situation. I want to do the right thing and I have forgiven her. Most of the time we are all doing the best we can with what we have to work with I believe. But what does that look like? You don't necassarily have to be in relationship with someone because you have forgiven their past behavior I don't think!? (she didn't say what her expectations are but I am sure she has some) I guess everyone probably has a different take on that. I especially feel that when the indicators (the content of her brief letter, even the way it was addressed) look like nothing has changed.

Wow! lol I did say it was a long story 😉

Anyway here are the cards I drew;

(not sure they are in the right order)

Higher power~Temperance

Recent past~King ofCcups

Situation~Death

Challenges/Opportunities~4 of Coins

Near future~4 of Cups

Foundation~3 of Swords

Longterm outcome~JUstice

Advice~6 of Wands

Allies~High Priestess

Block and inhibitions~2 of Swords

Some of the reading I understand but not all of it.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to keep recycling through this stuff... and I want to be a good example to my children. And I do want Peace in the world, so I must be the change I want to see 😉

Peace, Love and Light,

Dragonfly

• I just want to reiterate, I really need some help with this one. Thank you for anyone who has the time to help me sort it out.

• I am not a very good card reader but based on what you said I feel that you need to distance yourself from this woman but remain diplomatic. You dont owe her anything. She wants to be a part of your childs life that is between her and your child. My ex has a girlfriend I get along with her but never would I become friends with her. I dont want anymore ties to my ex than our children. I am close with his family too but should the time come that either of us remarry I dont think I would be attending functions with the ex in laws either. Its just the way it is. I don't understand why you are questioning if you have to be friends with your exs wife. Your kids are practically grown its time to move forward and break the ties to the ex.

• Thank you lovinmylife for your input. I appreciate your time and input.

To clarify I personally had always wanted to remain friends with my ex and to remain a part of the family, that is why I am questioning this.

I do not believe there is any reason why this can not be though I realize often people are not capable or willing. In this case it was what we all wanted at one time, except for the new wife... whose fear and insecurities in a large part created the chasm that now exists. That and the others not being able to make healthy boundries with her.

I have given it thought over this past night and done some work with it healing art. I feel more clear on it now than I did.

However if there is anyone a little more experienced with the Tarot who has thoughts about the specific cards and the places they turned up in the reading I would greatly appreciate your views. I think I am still missing a part of it and I am not sure if that is due to denial or ignorance?

Thanks again lovinmylife. 🙂

Peace,

Dragonflylvr

• Dragon fly you are welcome I hope what I said did not sound harsh I am only speaking from my own experience. good for you though for wanting to remain friends and keep your family together in that way. I wish more people would be like that in divorce situations. It sure would make it easier on the children. You are handling it the best you can and I think you are doing a he l l of a job!

• Thanks for the encouragement lovinmylife 🙂

You didn't sound harsh at all. And you are right I need to cut some thing lose but who or what and how I am not clear. I even had a dream last week about that very thing...

I was really hoping some one would be able to be more specific about the cards...

I don't seem to be getting any more replies though...

Anyway thanks again 🙂

Dragonflylvr