Spider in the bathroom

• I have read that spiders can have a meaning when you see them. I had one in my bathroom the other morning. When I came back it had moved to hide. Then it just disappeared. What could that mean? Thank you.

• The bathroom is a common place to find a spider. They also will run away or hide from humans so this behavior is not abnormal. Spiders can have a symbolic meaning (which you can look up by googling spider symbolism), but unless you are encountering them frequently and/or in unusual places, I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Thank you.

• Spiders are good and useful for the environment.

• bump

• Hi badwolfebabe,

I saw this and thought that I'd like to help! Here's a Site I just found on spider symbolism, including an article on what spider symbolism has in common with the Law of Attraction.

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/law-of-attraction-and-spider-symbolism.html

Just copy and paste the url into your browser.

I've had visits from spiders in my car lately, although I have been parking under trees which could be encouraging these rather off-putting visits lol!

From my own experience with spiders, especially Hunstmans (very common in Australia) I have my own thoughts about their appearance in my life:

1. Don't kill them unless they're venomous and a threat to you. If you're able, catch them and throw them in your back yard. If they're on a wall and not bothering you too much, leave them be and they'll eventually disappear once their food source has dwindled, or they die.

2. I think spiders come along often and in unexpected places because we are meant to accept and integrate our dark side. It does say in spider symbolism that they also represent the feminine. Maybe - and I know this is true in my case - it is also a question of accepting our divine femininity rather than fighting it, ie, most women curse menstruation, menopause - all those things that women experience throughout their reproductive and post reproductive lives. I know I've cursed these states before! Now that I am post-menopausal, I'm cursing the weight gain and aches and pains that come with that, and age.

3. Don't look at spiders as being a threat, but rather like little protectors on your wall. I know that sounds weird, but I used to "talk" to them until they took off (yeah, yeah I lived alone for too long lol). They're not there to hurt you (at least not the non-venomous ones, and even they'll only strike if they're threatened themselves).

4. They're not particularly attractive things are they? That can also be a message to the one being visited by them to look inward, either at themselves or others. Often we are put off because something or someone is plain, downright ugly. But what lies beneath? Or we think WE are fat or ugly, etc. But what lies beneath?

5. Spiders are mysterious creatures, and ones that engender fear in 99% of people. Fear, if it is hindering progress in life, needs conquering.

What do you fear?

Hope this helps!

Cheers xoxo