For theCaptain

• Hello!

I am returning to ask about the 2017 year. Quite a few things have occurred since the last time we spoke, thank you for your last response.

I am getting married this year and would love to know some guidance for the year to prepare. Also, my business has started to pick up and I would like to know which direction I should go in. I currently have a full time job, but have run in to a sort of fork in the road because my business seems to have the potential to pick up so much. Any advice would be appreciated. My birthdate is 06/17/1989 and my fiancés birthdate is 08/25/1989

• For you Jaynew, I see 2017 for you as being more domestically oriented than business-focused, unless you work from home or run a home-based business. Your best year for business will be 2019. 2017 for you is all about evaluating the relationships in your life, starting with your relationship with yourself where you may have to let go of old tired attitudes, regrets or fears that aren't serving you. It’s a year where you’ll be required to heighten your sense of responsibility to your home and family environment. Don’t be surprised if you need to take on some added weight with home and domestic or family matters. Embrace it instead of resenting it. There’ll be added tension around how you relate with your close relationships, however. You are likely to find your relationship with those near and dear to you growing ever closer and stronger this year, while any relationship that is no longer of mutual benefit will come under the microscope and may actually end (if it didn’t already end last year). It can be a great year for marriage if you have met ‘the one’. It’s also time to investigate if you feel empowered or disempowered in your home and domestic life. Your energy levels will run high this year, but you should watch for hasty or impetuous behaviour. Remember that haste makes waste. As long as you direct your excess energy constructively, instead of wasting your time in conflict, you can accomplish much. It is a time when you may be concerned with taking care of your home, perhaps decorating, buying furniture, or even finding a new home. It is also worthwhile to consider taking courses that focus on your well-being and balance. If you have ever wanted to paint, sing, act, or play a musical instrument for pleasure, this is also favoured in 2017. In 2018 you may feel more solitary than ever, yet you will be learning how to deal with loneliness and finding out more about yourself and what you really want from life. 2018 will tend to be a quiet, reflective sort of period where you can gain much insight and understanding of who you are. Whereas 2017 will centre around and be all about looking after others - friends and family, and your home. Next year it will be time to look after yourself and your needs and wants. Then 2018 will be your BIG chance for success and material gains. It will be the best year in a while for your career and finances if you are prepared to take educated risks and promote yourself.

For you, 2017 is associated with wholeness and, during this year, you may be aware of some aspect of your life that needs attending to so that you can feel complete. For example, you may have unresolved issues with a family member, and by speaking with them, it may help you to release a great deal. During 2017, it is advisable to be aware of which emotional attachments need healing too, so that you can bring all your energy back into the present. For example, you may not even realise you are still attached to an idyllic, romantic summer holiday you spent with a lover, and part of you may really wish you were still there. You may find that you are particularly sentimental this year, which prevents you from letting go of old love-letters, photographs and memorabilia. This process may mean revisiting painful emotions, but by facing them and realising they’re from the past, you can gently allow them to dissolve. In 2017, you may find that you get very deeply involved in a relationship, a work project or with family affairs. You may go over and over situations until you get them right or until they are perfect, and you will not let issues drop. You may open up your heart so deeply that it shifts your perspective on life for the better, so you become more loving towards others. Indeed, this is a great time to reach out to support and nourish those within your community, and to learn to love and nurture yourself too. You may be made very aware of your choices during this year, and you will need to choose between helping yourself and serving the greater good. Others may reassure you that you are making the right decisions, but your conscience will tell you the truth. The year’s energy will focus energy on relationships, on the element of friendship, and on children and family within this framework. There may be issues with commitments or collective responsibilities, which you may work through. These can be made easier if you keep you vision focused firmly on the bigger picture, and by remembering to put yourself in the picture as you may neglect your own needs too. There may be challenges to deal with if you just judge situations by their appearances which, as you know, aren’t always what they seem. You may find 2017 a fertile time for your creativity, and search for as many ways as possible to express it. Like buying a new cookery book that changes your relationship with food, making simple changes on how you approach your life can make an enormous impact. The keywords for you this year are: duty, responsibility, love, home and family, justice and peace, emotional influences.

Don't be surprised if your fiance seems a bit distracted or introspective in 2017. He may want to be on his own a lot for more self-examination. 2017 for him is all about delving inward. While he may see himself functioning fairly “normally,” this is a year where he’ll be heavily involved in deep inner work. It’s a spiritual year - meaning he’ll have many opportunities to assess his sense of spirituality, however he may define it. This is a year where his faith and trust will be tested. He’ll feel as though he wants to retreat from the static of the outside world. He’ll feel more quiet and self-examining than usual, so don’t let that surprise you. This is a year of introspection and reflection for him, a time to analyze his thoughts and actions, and perhaps pursue studies of an intellectual or metaphysical nature that interest him. During this year, he will want to explore life's deeper truths, either looking into philosophical matters or studying natural sciences. He will find himself better able to solve problems, and come to a greater awareness of his full potential. This is a year when big thoughts and ideas can materialize for him. It is a good year to carry out plans that don't require involvement from others, and a year to guard his personal "alone" time, so as to avoid feeling irritable. A time to get "centered", he may find that at times during this year he feels a bit lonely and left out. The main lesson is to learn to be alone without being lonely, to enjoy his own company. By the end of this year, he will likely be in a position to handle life with greater insight and efficiency. His mission in 2017 is to explore the true nature of his personal power, his relationship with money, and his true desires about manifesting in the material world. Doing the groundwork now means that he can put things into action next year in 2018, which will be terrific for getting ahead in his work, career or study and all money and material matters.

• Thank you theCaptain! Very insightful and completely not at all what I thought might happen this year. It is good to have somewhat of a precursor to what the year may bring. In regards to business, should I stay within my current job, or decide to go out on my own? Thank you for the insight and happy new year!

• 2018 will be a better time for you to focus on career matters - this year it is your family and friends and your home life who will need your attention and energy.