Witnessing the death of a loved one in my dream could some one PLS interpret

• This dream happened last night YES it completely woke me up- there was rushing water something like a log or large plank to cross this water and there stood all dressed in black one of my son,s. he fell in the water I was screaming as I watched him fall. I waited as he can swim I can not he did not come out of that water I could not see him at all, I was in a total panic and that is when I woke up. I am very shaken about this dream. He was not a small child in the dream he was what he is today.

• I realize now that this was only a dream and I am the one afraid of water , I have finally settled down about this, I am supposed to go for a visit to NIAGARA FALLS AND THAT IS PROBABLY WHAT SET THIS NASTY DREAM IN MOTION. So I feel like I over re-acted when I made this post.

• Hi, When I have a dream and I awake suddenly, it usually is my imagination. I'm talking about a falling or accident-type dream. It hasn't been an indicator of what was going to happen (to me). I guess what concerns me is that your son was the one in the dream (not you.) Pray for his protection.

• This dream happened last night YES it completely woke me up- there was rushing water something like a log or large plank to cross this water and there stood all dressed in black one of my son,s. he fell in the water I was screaming as I watched him fall. I waited as he can swim I can not he did not come out of that water I could not see him at all, I was in a total panic and that is when I woke up. I am very shaken about this dream. He was not a small child in the dream he was what he is today.

Hi there Leonida

I can understand why this dream would've shaken you to the very core. So I'm going to interpret it with the knowledge I have and hope it helps you some:

Firstly, water in dreams always signifies the emotions. I feel your son is suffering some sort of emotional upheaval, and at the moment it is a very internal thing. In other words, he is keeping it to himself as he feels he has no-one to turn to. You sense this in reality and yet it seems to me, you feel inadequate to help him, hence him falling off into the water (or drowning in the emotional storm so to speak).

In a nutshell: you CAN help him. Is he in his mid to late teens? I feel he is at a major crossroads and that he is feeling like something or someone is preventing him from doing what he needs to do for himself. Could also be that it is his time to distance himself from you and venture out into the world of "men" in a manner of speaking. Now this distance is still bridged, signified by the plank of wood. This bridge needs to be crossed by you. You need to instigate this crossing.

Talk to your boy. He is suffering greatly and needs a shoulder and an ear. Release all judgment about your inadequacy to communicate with him over this. He will appreciate your efforts rather than your reticence. He loves you and needs you.

Being dressed in black also signifies his lack of knowledge of self at this point in time. The crossroads he is at, is a turning point towards the man he will be which is why this is so major for him. Is he a very soft hearted person? And one who hides this behind the usual macho-bravado thing? I just feel him crying inside; like he's lost something or lost the battle; hence him falling. It's very likely he had a similar dream to this himself. Ask him.

Please talk to him. That's the biggest message I get here. All is not lost; this dream is symbolic, not prophetic, but if you don't get on that plank of wood, he just may spiral into depression or other similar behaviour.

I get that he's quite tall for his age, and the girls love him. He is a guy who sympathises with and understands women, thanks - largely - to you. I also get that he doesn't see much of and/or get on with his father. I'm going out on a limb to say this bit, but I feel he is lacking a male mentor in his life, and does need this sort of guidance also. There is a teacher who is at the school he last went to (or is still at - as implied above, can't see his exact age) who can help him. I get that he teaches maths, and is a very devoted and passionate teacher. Your son thinks/thought a lot of him. He should seek him out as there is/was a bond between them.

I sure hope this helps you some Leonida. Dreams of our children drowning or dying are always worrying, symbolic or not. I've had similar about my daughter years ago, and it turned out to be stuff going on at school where she was having trouble keeping up.

So, my parting message/s are:

You CAN help him

Talk to him asap

Crack jokes; be lighthearted with this - he'll respond much better. (I use this ploy with my 18 year old foster son and get further with him than the old "sit down and talk to me" thing. Boys are so different to girls in that respect aren't they?)

Good luck. Have faith in your abilities as a great mother and wonderful human being. Your son is a product of you my friend 🙂

• Hello chris62, I am sure you can tell from what i had posted that yesterday was was a rather heavy day for me. I want to tell you that I have 3 son,s all over 40 yrs old ,but there,s is one who is a proffesional musician and married for 5 yrs to a singer song writer, This marriage is all one sided I have seen him age 10 yrs in 5 It is very difficult for me as there is only so much I can do or say. Although we are not speaking of a younger boy/ you have hit the nail on the head with his personality. He was alway,s sensitive a very good man and I alway,s felt he would not marry until he was sure., well When he introduced me to her she was all over him much younger and a very talented person , but she needed doors opened , he opened them for her He was her producer her guitarist, her best friend and over the past 2 yrs she has re-placed him in every catergory. I have watched this and last yr she even cheated on him, but they are still together, yes he is too soft, He is not the same person and watching him not knowing anymore what to do I feel he is falling apart again, naturally my feelings for her have totally changed as I feel all his pain everyday, I have talked to him and I alway,s tell Him I am here I will alway,s be here for you . I also want to tell you that he personally does not tell me much as I know he still loves her But a mother knows her children -no-matter what age and I can see and feel everything. He knows this so I have also noticed that he is not calling me as much , he is not visiting me as much as he used to. YOU ARE SO CORRECT about every thing except for his age. I pray I meditate about his situation all the time. Of course if there is anything further you can tell me I would be so grateful., They have been on David letterman show , Jay Leno , and played in europe, and Australia, she will be going on tour again next yr but not with him , Like I said not only has she eliminated him business wise, she has put him in a position of having to go back out there and re-create his career, I just can not believe all of this. Naturally he must be and I am sure he is embarrased amongst his peers. She is his wife and they where supposed to be a team. Well she does not need him anymore. I guess I could go On &on Ther,s so much to this story but I will stop now. When you have a chance I would like to hear more from you. Thank you so much ....LEONIDA

• To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. If the water is calm, clear, then it signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation. If you are splashed by water, then it represents your need to be revitalized and more expressive. To dream that water is boiling, suggests that you are expressing some emotional turmoil. It also may mean that feelings from your unconscious are surfacing and ready to be acknowledged.You need to let out some steam.

To see muddy or dirty water in your dream, indicates that you are wallowing in your negative emotions. You may need to devote some time to clarify your mind and find internal peace. Alternatively, it suggests that your thinking/judgment is unclear and clouded. If you are immersed in muddy water, then it indicates that you are in over your head in a situation and are overwhelmed by your emotions. You never wrote how the water looked to you so just in case you remember I included different narritives of different types of water you might have seen in your dream.

To hear running water in your dream, denotes meditation, reflection and pondering of your thoughts and emotions.

To dream that you are walking on water, suggests that you have supreme and ultimate control over your emotions. It may also suggest that you need to "stay on top" of your emotions and not let them explode out of hand. Alternatively, it is symbolic of faith in yourself

To see a wooden plank, indicates something that is in need of repair or that you need to maximize your resources and make something out of seemingly nothing.

Black symbolizes the unknown, unconscious, danger, mystery, darkness, death, mourning, hate or malice.

If the feeling in the dream is one of joy, blackness could imply hidden spirituality and divine qualities.

To dream that you are screaming, symbolizes anger and fear. It is an expression of your powerful emotions which you have kept pent up inside. If you try to scream, but no sound comes out, then it indicates your sense of helplessness and frustrations in some situation. No matter how hard you try to get someone's attention, they cannot hear you. It highlights your difficulty in communicating with this person. You need to immediately identify your fears or feelings and confront this situation in real life.�

What I get from this dream is that there is some sort of...anger, resentment or some type of blackage to you and your son's emtions. did you fight recently? The plank could symbolize that you feel you ar walking 'the plank' around his emtions and it is making you angry or very very frustrated.

The fact that he fell into the water to me means he is being 'tossed' by his emotions and drowning in his own dispare. You might just be angry at him for not reaching out to you and you felt frustrated because you cannot swim so there for felt you could not 'share' is turmoil or help him in the way you needed to.

I am also guessing that perhaps that maybe in your dream that the sky was either gray or a very soft white with grey clouds almost as if a storm was coming or going? Do you remember if there was? That could be a represent of the fact of some very heated emtional outburst between you two or one just passed between you two.

I hope this helps. There is diffently some high tension concerning this dream and a lot of anger and anxiety.

• Hello dragonflyflame, Thank you so much for your post ,as you can see i have written a new post explaining some of my situation with one of mys son,s there is anger and much disappointment, but not with him. He has alway,s been a very kind loving son. We have never fought, but I sure would like to tell him to give -up on this marriage .. but I know it is not my place to do that and of course that is my frustration, as it is very painful for me to watch. YOUR READING is very good just like chris1962,s was, just being able to express some of my feelings here is so helpful. And YES the sky was a blue gray, the water was fast moving and very blue . YOU BOTH AMAZED ME.

P.S. Just as a matter of possible interest .. I am 66 and was a very young mother they where all born just before my 20th birthday. and I wanted more ... It never happened, I longed for a daughter still do.................. Leonida

• I understand what you are going through. I had a mother in law that was VERY meddling to the point it broke up my marriage.

I would say as a mother....talk with him don't nag. Explain your feelings and give him points to back up your feelings. Do this out of love and caring. there is a difference between nagging and 'hexing' someones marriage and showing natural caring, worry about the situation. Your his mother and even though he is 40 and over he is still your child. It is your right to voice your opinions but do it in a healthy way! Don't do like some mother in laws do and ridicule the wife/husband and basically talk down to them in your presence. That isn't healthy nor is wise or respectful. Just remember there was/is something about he still loves that is why he is having a hard time letting go.

In your dream was he bound in anyway? Such as wrapped in a cloak or rope. He may feel he is bound to this situation out of respect for his vows.

I am sorry you have to go through this. Just remember that he is your son. Sit him down and talk with him and get your feelings out in a healthy productive way. You never know it might help him talk about his. Let him know your not trying to manipulate the situation but you truly are worried about his well-being.

Also there is always two sides to a story. We all like to think that our children do no wrong or that they woudl never 'do that!' Something in the marriage could be happening that you know nothing about or some factor that includes your son that the wife might be dealing with.

Have an open mind and just be supportive. 🙂

Bless you Leo I send you good vibrations and hope all comes out well 🙂

• I had a similar dream many years ago about my son being immersed in the ocean, and he was on the other side of a very heavy door with a glass window in it. My daughter and I had journeyed down a path through the field and the woods and then we stepped into a stream that suddenly became an ocean washing all of us down through the ocean and through that door into a white room. We pushed the door shut to keep the ocean out. I didn't know my son had followed us. I see my son swimming with his eyes bulging and holding his breath and I couldn't get the door open for the pressure was too high. My son pointed and put his hands on the glass as I struggled to open the door, but then he looked down and shook his head "No", and pointed to all the other fish and indicated he wanted to stay there. He made me understand that he would not come through the door even if I did get it open. He swam back away saying (telepathically), I like it in here.

I was also very scared and sad when I woke up. But I can say that he is still around, and it was just a dream. As for the meaning, I think it meant that he lives in a different world than I do (this is true); That he likes it where he is no matter how scary or untraditional I think it is; and that he was in a place which I could never access.

I had two messages like that about him - the first one was he went down through a particularly nasty part of the city and I followed him to bring him back; but he disappeared down the escalator into the subway and - disappeared. In my dream my body became frozen at the top of the escalator and try as I might, I couldn't set foot there, then an iron gate closed by itself as well.

Same message. Now, 15 years later, it is easy for me to see where my son's choices in his life and where he went, were in fact manifestations of these above symbols, and try as I might, I couldn't stop him nor bring him back. He prefers his life, and I would never go down his path.

Symbology is fascinating to me.

I hope this helps.