Why, after all these years?

• After 23 years together and lots of difficult bumps in our road, my husband decides to be the truly caring person I'd wished he was years ago. This is all fine, but I am so lukewarm about how he is now and I feel like it's time to say goodbye, even taking into consideration recent behaviour. I also feel like I can't really trust this, and that if I stay, I'll only prolong the agony. Can anyone see what will come about in the near future for me? I'm real tired of feeling like a bad person here 🙂 Thanks!

• Hi Cris, I don't know what kind of obstacles you have faced w/your husband. If you have had to deal w/affairs, addiction (of any sort), abuse then maybe it's time to move on. On the other hand, if your feeling bored or neglected I think you should give your marriage another shot. It seems from what you've mentioned that your husband cares for you. I have been in situations where I have been w/someone and felt very lonely but there were also significant problems like I mentioned to begin with. To me, having someone at your side for that many years is very significant. I would hate to see you separate only to find the grass isn't greener but I'm no predictor of the future, either. I can only give you some advice. Having someone true that cares has meaning. I guess you have to ask yourself some serious questions like, do I really care about my husband and want to stay in this marriage.

• Quite a few obstacles have been faced, but I won't go into details 🙂 I know what you're saying makes sense, both personally and universally, however this is the third time this has cropped up and I wonder if it truly is time to end it. Just don't know how, when or what. I do care about him, but not the way I used to. Guess I'll just have to see what happens. And no, the grass is never greener; it simply looks that way from a distance 🙂