Voices of Experience, Please Respond

• I am a novice at studying the tarot cards and I am very alone in my endeavor. The folks around me do not pay much credence to spiritual things. I would love to have a mentor or at least some other people who share the same interest, people to learn from. I am aware of the communities and teachers available on line......I really appreciate their work but so far, that process has seemed impersonal or I do not have the money to pay for more attention.

Can anyone advise me how to go about finding tarot experts or students in my town? I do not mean to sound dumb or stupid but is there a certain phrase I can Google or can I find answers in the Yellow Pages?

I would just love to experience the presence of someone who really has a passion and understanding of these incredibly beautiful and awesome cards.

• When you need help, just post a question. Please be more specific in your requests rather than stating a general need for help. This way, you will be more likely to receive quality feedback.

I've been doing Tarot for over 30 years and use classic Rider-Waite formatting of cups, wands, swords and pentacles. Even though there are many types of cards, certain ones work better than others.

We are all here to help each other.

• Firefly I would like to ask you please, when you first start with Tarot, is it better to buy your first deck or have someone give you a deck? Also which is a good deck for a beginner to start with? I must admit I can find the interpretations difficult!

Any pointers here?

Thanks 🙂

• I learned by going to websites like www.learntarot.com or www.aeclectictarot.net

They have the definitions of each card, so everytime you do a reading you can look up what each card means and sew the meanings together yourself.

Or, google is a savior. Just google your question and there are going to be websites that answer it.

• Thank you very much, I will keep those sites in mind. Thanks for your help. 🙂