My brother died recently

• Hi I'm New to posting ... and Need Advice Please

My brother died recently and we don't know why exactly, I need to know if he is in peace as we are not. We loved him very much and are very distraught. According to my Tarot readings it was money problems that led him to take the action he took but being of analytical mind and beliving in spirit I know there was a deeper eason. If anyone can shed some further light please I will appreciate it very much.

• Hello Geminicountess,

I am so sorry for your loss.

As a sister with 6 (6!) brothers, I relate to your pain.

I love my bros, don't always understsand them, I would be searching for answers too if one of them died for reasons unexplained...how did I fail him?

You don't really say much about your brother - who he was, how well you knew him, his age, what your relationship with him was like - so its kinda hard to shed more light on the situation. You kinda alllude that it was suicide, but I can't be sure, so I won't go there.

I think you are looking for confirmation that he is at peace, so that you can be too. Money would seem like a logical answer as to why he has left you, but for some reason that is not enough for you. It is most likely that tarot is telling you that money is the route of the reason for why your brother has passed on, but money is the cause of unhappiness in many peoples lives. When you equate material success to every part of success in life, it can overtake you.This is not a unique story. Many a man has lost the battle of the materiel world versus the spiritual world, and jt will continue to destroy many lives.

i think your brother is at peace because now he knows how much his family cared for him. He'll try harder next time

As for a deeper reason, you really don't need one. If there is one it will show itself when the time is right, and it will come from you.You will find peace once you have gone to the depths of what you knew about your brother, and accept his life was what it was because of the choices he made. Yes, maybe your family could've done more to help him, to prevent his life ending the way it did, but don't beat yourself up over it. Just learn from it, and be a better person because you knew him, loved him.

We are all in this together, yet we live our lifes by our own decisions, and that is ok.

Or is it?

forgive your brother and forgive yourself.

I have.

Your brother loved you, and thats all you need to remember

Stay strong

B

• Hello Brigidaire,

Thank you for replying. Yes it was suicide, he was 34 and living alone. a very quiet person, gentle but with a lot of friends. Very non-confrontational, you could definitely say he was a 'true' aquarian. He knew he could come to me but chose not to no matter how much I tried to encourage him. I never imagined he'd stop fighting but coversely, I do understand how hard life can be and how discouraging it can be - especially for males in this society.

After reading Edgar Cayce's readings a long time before this tragedy, a part of me knows he is not in 'hell' but in peace but the human side of myself wonders if he is at rest within his new consciousness now. I do not personally feel responible for his death as I know I spoke with him very intrusively over the years leading up to this event and in a motherly way as I love him very much. I accept he has left his earthly body but as I said, I want to know if he is at peace is all basically because I would so dislike to belive that he is suffering for this act as he obviously (quietly) suffered in life. I have released him spiritually and still feel pure happiness and love for him but it's the attachment due to me still being alive, that is haunting me.

Thanks

• *** seems to be a profanity! It's the opposite of heaven in the Christian consciousness ...

• Hi Geminicountess,

Please also accept my condolences in this time of great sorrow to you.

Brigidaire

I am so glad you were there so quickly; God Bless You!

I would like to offer you a couple of 'lessons' from Sylvia Browne when she was on SpiritNow and which I hope might give you some solace.

How To Deal With The Loss Of A Loved One

by Sylvia Browne

Everyone’s grief is relative to them – just as happiness is. I don’t like to quantify pain, but I feel that the death of a child is by far the most tragic loss one can go through. This doesn’t minimize the anguish you may feel when a parent, spouse, or friend passes away, since these are all life-altering events, but to lose a child is beyond comparison.

Yet even though death may seem unfair – and for those who are left behind, it certainly leaves a deep wound – it’s a part of life that’s as natural as eating or sleeping. In fact, the end is really the beginning for all of us, since our true Home is on the Other Side. I know that this may not be much comfort when we’re still caught here in “hell” (and this life is hell in the sense that we’re here to learn some difficult lessons), but our friends and family members who have passed over are all happy where they are!

I lost two more loved ones this past year, one of them being Abass Nadim, who was my Egyptian tour guide and dearest friend. He died of a heart attack while vacationing in Peru. First of all, I told him not to go on this trip, and warned him that if he did, he should not go climbing. He did both. I’ve been asked if I have the power to control other people’s lives, and while of course I can’t, I sometimes wish I could. I loved Abass, and even though he contacted me just after his death to tell me he was okay, I was still shocked and angry that this wondrous light went out of so many lives. A million memories filled my mind: his love of life and his children, the times we laughed and how he would call to cheer me up when I was going through a painful divorce. How will Egypt be the same without him? I wondered. I went through the normal stages of disbelief and shock, and then I remembered that this life is like a dream, and one day, we’ll all wake up and be with our loved ones again.

Similarly, just a week before he passed away, I’d expressed to my friend Kevyn Aucoin, the celebrity makeup artist, that I was worried about him. He just laughed it off. I won’t go into the details, but soon after, a beautiful, talented soul was lost to us. Kevyn gave me a message after he left this world, saying, “I’m sorry that I didn’t plant the flowers.” (Later, his family validated that he had been meaning to get some flowers planted.) Still, once again, I was left with that hollow ache and the often-asked question, “Why him?” When you see so many dark, evil entities living out their lives and blithely making everyone miserable, it’s almost impossible to understand why the gentle, caring ones among us are often taken so suddenly.

It may be difficult to comprehend, but there’s a reason why good people take their exit points early and cross over to the Other Side. You see, we each have five exit points that we can take to go Home. Many times, the most kindhearted people take them early because they’re tired of life, they feel that they’ve completed their mission for God and they’re simply ready to go. When I was 26 and had my near-death experience, I was told by a beautiful entity to go back to Earth because I had more to do, I could also faintly hear a nurse screaming, “Don’t go, Sylvia, we need you!” What really drew me back,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How To Deal With The Loss Of A Loved One

by Sylvia Browne

Everyone’s grief is relative to them – just as happiness is. I don’t like to quantify pain, but I feel that the death of a child is by far the most tragic loss one can go through. This doesn’t minimize the anguish you may feel when a parent, spouse, or friend passes away, since these are all life-altering events, but to lose a child is beyond comparison.

Yet even though death may seem unfair – and for those who are left behind, it certainly leaves a deep wound – it’s a part of life that’s as natural as eating or sleeping. In fact, the end is really the beginning for all of us, since our true Home is on the Other Side. I know that this may not be much comfort when we’re still caught here in “hell” (and this life is hell in the sense that we’re here to learn some difficult lessons), but our friends and family members who have passed over are all happy where they are!

I lost two more loved ones this past year, one of them being Abass Nadim, who was my Egyptian tour guide and dearest friend. He died of a heart attack while vacationing in Peru. First of all, I told him not to go on this trip, and warned him that if he did, he should not go climbing. He did both. I’ve been asked if I have the power to control other people’s lives, and while of course I can’t, I sometimes wish I could. I loved Abass, and even though he contacted me just after his death to tell me he was okay, I was still shocked and angry that this wondrous light went out of so many lives. A million memories filled my mind: his love of life and his children, the times we laughed and how he would call to cheer me up when I was going through a painful divorce. How will Egypt be the same without him? I wondered. I went through the normal stages of disbelief and shock, and then I remembered that this life is like a dream, and one day, we’ll all wake up and be with our loved ones again.

Similarly, just a week before he passed away, I’d expressed to my friend Kevyn Aucoin, the celebrity makeup artist, that I was worried about him. He just laughed it off. I won’t go into the details, but soon after, a beautiful, talented soul was lost to us. Kevyn gave me a message after he left this world, saying, “I’m sorry that I didn’t plant the flowers.” (Later, his family validated that he had been meaning to get some flowers planted.) Still, once again, I was left with that hollow ache and the often-asked question, “Why him?” When you see so many dark, evil entities living out their lives and blithely making everyone miserable, it’s almost impossible to understand why the gentle, caring ones among us are often taken so suddenly.

It may be difficult to comprehend, but there’s a reason why good people take their exit points early and cross over to the Other Side. You see, we each have five exit points that we can take to go Home. Many times, the most kindhearted people take them early because they’re tired of life, they feel that they’ve completed their mission for God and they’re simply ready to go. When I was 26 and had my near-death experience, I was told by a beautiful entity to go back to Earth because I had more to do, I could also faintly hear a nurse screaming, “Don’t go, Sylvia, we need you!”

The Most Popular Questions About The Other Side

by Sylvia Browne

Many people ask me about what is on The Other Side. They especially have questions about The Other Side when a loved one, friend or a beloved pet goes to The Other Side.

Here are some of my most popular questions about life on The Other Side. Most likely, you will find some of your questions about The Other Side on this list.

Where is The Other Side?

The Other Side exists right along with us; it is not way up there in the clouds. It is simply three feet above the ground. The Other Side is a higher dimension than what we have here on earth.

What is the silver cord?

The silver cord connects us to our spiritual life force that comes from God. This is very much like the umbilical cord that a baby has when it is first born, except your silver cord is never to be cut. The silver cord is located just below the

breastbone.

What is the tunnel that people travel through to get to The Other Side like?

I had a near-death experience at 42. The tunnel that I saw appeared instantly and came up from my body. It did not lead straight up, but instead led across at a twenty-degree angle. I felt very energized as I moved through the tunnel. I was weightless and felt very peaceful. I knew in my heart that soon I would be greeted by my loved ones.

What happens when your life is over?

My Spirit Guide Francine says that when life on earth ends, our eternal spirits leave our bodies and go Home to God. Home is a beautiful place that is almost indescribable. You can feel pure love all the time while living in Home.

What is the importance of our charts with The Other Side?

On The Other Side, before we are born, we create a chart of our life. This chart includes all that we will experience. This includes our happiness and our challenges. It includes the beginning of our life and the parents we will have. It also includes our time of death.

Do we remember our other lives?

Yes, we remember them on a spiritual level. Our spirit retains memories from each lifetime we have had. Our current life is affected by these memories, even if we are unaware of this.

Why are we here on earth?

We are here on earth to overcome negativity and to also perfect our spirits for God.

The Other Side, as you can see, is not some grand mystery. Your loved ones are always with you, as they live on The Other Side.

Love always,

Sylvia Browne

P.S. The Other Side is a place that many people have questions about. Everyday people, religious leaders and scholars have asked thoughtful questions about The Other Side for centuries. In my book Life on The Other Side, learn just what life is like.

I do hope what you have read will make you much less feeling any blame. We all choose when to enter this life and when to leave it. Additional help can most likely be found in the tarot.com website. Read the astrological reading for the day, then the daily horoscope influences, then listen to the daily podcast which when 'puzled' together with the other pieces, gives aretty clear picture of where this word is moving toward or away from and why.

The headlines are all you need to realize that if you are down about ANYTHING then you are guaranteed to feel worse.

I second the opinion of Sylvia Browne when she said don't watch or read the news, it's only upsetting and keeps you from doing your small part to make this life better for all.

I DO NOT PREACH ANY BELIEF OR RELIGION, But if I may suggest that you look up Ahliya and the Circle of Gold on the tarot.com website. She has a non-denominational, non-religious Prayer Circle at sundown every week that you can sign up for, and most likely find peace for yourself.

I have many other 'lessons' Sylvia Browne wrote while on SpiritNow (which they now charge for) and if I can help you again in any way, I'll do my best.

In Love and Light,

Judee

• Judee here,

Sorry about the duplication above! Twitchy fingers or 'sticky keys'?

In Love and Light,

Judee

• Judee,

You brother knows how much you love him. He doesn't want you to worry about him or to forget him. If you close your eyes and think of your brother he will be there with you. You can talk to him, even if only in your mind. You can let him know how you feel. He will comfort you and let you know that he is fine where he is now. He wants you to be happy on move on with your life. This doesn't mean forgetting him. You can still connect to him when you sit peacefully and think of him.

Love & blessings,

Spartamom

• Hi, An exit that made sense at the time to him. A lot of people are going thru financial hardships right now and a lot of people have lost money. Resources that people need are drying up (jobs and hours.) I was warned years ago of this by a social worker. People don't have anywhere to turn after they get "their share" of help from certain agencies. It's especially hard on single people. Faith and Hope get severely challenged. This does not mean that his love for you and family wasn't there. Encouragement in a time of need is much needed. He was struggling. This is his struggle. I feel that he will have Love surrounding him. Especially as ya'll send your prayers to him and on his behalf. God is Love and He definately loves your brother.

• Thank you Judee, Spartamom and Dalia, I too belive God is purely love and that my brother felt this was the only sensible decision. This was a person whom nobody disliked, your typical aquarian whom everyone is a friend, highly intelligent and self motovated but fiercely independant, I don realise it is this independance is what caused him to think this decision was correct as he was responsible for himself being an adult, but he did not count on the help and love that is in this world and that with him gone the world is missing a true gentle spirit that was loved and admired by his family and friends.

The subject of finances as a reason to take your life is ludicrous when you are objective about it. He deflected all conversation about his life in the last year, even I could not penetrate his armour and I was the only one who ever could.

Thanks everyone for your support, what a lovely community here. Bless you all.

• And, I think when we love someone we feel a natural responsibility for them so blame is part of the grieving process, I can tell you that for certain.

• Hi, I really don't know if I'm much help sometimes. You mentioned that he's Aquarius. I'm also. If we're nothing else--we're independent in very sense. We're also thinkers. Sometimes we think too much. We're at our happiest when we are able to help others. He wasn't able to cope with his circumstances. When we are aloof we're either very happy (mellow) or in distress. A lot of us have trouble communicating. My son is a Gemini. Gemini is a communicator with a whole range of emotions. Aquarians don't always show their emotions. It's not your fault. You told him that you loved him.

• Hey Geminicountess,

Oh, i had a feeling about you...your brother reminded me of my only older brother, and now that you gave me alittle more info about your brother, I see why I felt the urge to respond to you...aside from the fact you lost someone you love and reached out.

My bro also struggled with the material world...he didn't get the pre-occupation with it. He has had a "mental illness" since the day he went to school, in the days before Ritalin, in the 80s, the high time of the babyboomers -"Its all about me" , a real revelution in time when divorce became legal in Canada and family was tossed to the side and material success became more important then family.

My brother did not fit well into that - such a thoughtful soul - and tho he beat me as a kid, we became best friends as teen-agers because we accepted each other for what we were, and always felt our bond to each other even as we were such different people...

My Bro is a Libra, yours is an Aquarius, so both air signs...they really think about things!

My Bro went to Taiwan to teach English, and that is why he is still alive. He met a girl, married her, and lives in a country where they appreciate what they have in a way that we don't in the Western world. I know this is what saved him.

My bro also had a lot of friends, and would only show so much to me...I always encouraged him however I could,

So in terms of whether your brother is at peace, I beleive he is.

Suicide is such a hard choice to make, but I beleive some people have learnt their lessons and the only way to rectify it is to quit, realize you fucked up to the point it would be too much for one life to try and make it better.

Your brother most likely felt peace for the first time once he made the decision to give up...so he could try again, try harder the next time around.

And he has given you more compassion for your fellow man, you will never be so quick to judge, and you will try that much harder in your life.

never forget him, love him

Brigidaire

• my condolences. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one. I lost my dad to cancer many years ago. I have communicated with him through a medium and he was in no way suffering in the other side, in fact he enjoys his assignments given by the angels. but just like you, I am still haunted by our past. I used to be close to him, but he was too protective he was always prejudice to anyone I had a crush on. when I communicated with him I apologized if I ever did him wrong in those days, and he said there is nothing to apologize for and he is proud of how far I have gone in life now. his little girl is now an adult.

I really miss him. he liked my husband, that was the reason why he allowed me to marry him. I love my husband and we have a good marriage, but sometimes I wish my dad is still alive. he would've had great time with my husband. they both share similar interests.

I'm sure your brother is now resting in peace and that some day he will get through someone to give you the answer you are seeking. give it time, they don't always find it easy to get through.

• I was just wondering, Brigidaire kept saying "next time around" as if we come back to the world again, If we do come back.. Do we have the same family? Like if I were to fie and come back, will I come back to the family I have now?? Or will it be a different family?? WIll I not know or remember the family I have now?

Just wondering

• *die