Calling all Cancer men...help me understand

• I had a previous forum topic on the Cancer man (7/9/66) I am in an emotional affair with. It's long distance, I'm in Texas and he is in Cali. He had stopped all communication with me for exactly a month and I received lots of messages about how they like to disappear. Come to find out he was hurt by me being online and "still looking" which was purely an assumption on his part and not true at all as I have very deep feelings for him. We have not physically met and have had telephone, e-mail and text communication for 4 months. He began communicating with me again when I sent a message to him telling him goodbye and good luck. We talked it out electronically vis e-mails and are back to where we were before his hurt feelings, he called it a hiccup. Now, he only e-mails me or sends a text message daily. Mostly its a morning text message telling me to have a good day and how much he loves me. He has not called me by phone and won't explain why when I ask. This is very strange and I wonder why he doesn't want to call me. He did say in our "make up" e-mails that he was stymied by me not having a job and being unmotivated which he says is something hes not. I have my valid reasons for not working right now and have explained these to him. I believe him when he says he loves me and am giving him all the room he needs but not speaking by phone is bothering me and makes me wonder if he really wants to have a moving forward relationship. My birthday is 7/21/57 so we are both Cancers with easily hurt feelings and he's hurting mine. Any input will be absolutely helpful.........