Captain, O Captain!

• Hi Captain,

You've been referred by some serious believers in your abilities to shed light on our questions and hang ups (my mom and sister)!

• It seems that my first message with my questions never went through. To try again, I was asking if you had any insight into my career expansion, family growth, and caretaker responsibilities and stressors. My birthday is 422 82 and my husbands is 5/9/80 Is there anything else you would need from me in order to give feedback? Thank you so much for your time! I look forward to hearing from you.

• What about your mother and sister's birthdates if those relationships are still an issue for you?

• JenTarotGo, 2016 for you is your BIG year for potential success in all career, study, and material matters. This is your power year, a period when you can make important strides in your life. Coming after a very slow, lonely or introspective period in 2015, you may start feeling some stirrings of ambition. 2016 for you represents a time for moving from the inner world into the outer world. After the deep inner reflection of last year, get ready to manifest what you have been working toward during the last several years. This is a year to focus on money, work, finances, and personal power. You’ll be in work overdrive this year and also be handed opportunities that test your personal power. This year is a mighty year for you, and you’ll need to hit the ground running and focus your actions and energies on creating the financial abundance you want in your life. It’s a year where you can experience big financial ups and downs, so be prepared to tap into your resilience. You can experience major gains and/or big losses. Yet this is your year to think big and manifest the money and status you deserve. Just remember to take breaks so your health doesn’t suffer. Schedule short vacations when you can. Otherwise you’re bound to experience burnout. Be careful to steer clear of a victim mentality this year too. 2016's energy is truly challenging and will bring up very real, deep issues related to your sense of empowerment and demand that you deal with them. This can be a year of big decisions and major achievements. Activity is your keynote now, and you will find yourself very much involved and occupied. You have things going for you so long as you take advantage and act. It should be easier now for you to branch out and expand in a business-like manner. If you are at all inclined, this is the time to exude self-confidence and authority, because others will tend to be receptive to your leadership and control. Your power and status potential will be at a peak. It is a great year for goal setting, job interviews, job-seeking, and career attainment. Because it is a year of potential personal prosperity, you are in a position to manifest whatever it is that you want in life. This year will find you dealing with important people, important decisions, and important methods of operating, rather than being bogged down in petty details. Force, energy, and power are at your command during this year, although you are asked to use it wisely and with the intention of achieving the highest good of all those around you. Set your own direction and participate fully in the process.

During 2016, you are learning to take what situations or issues you have been working on – particularly during the last few years – and make them stronger. This may mean, for example, that if you have been learning patience, you get to grips with this, which profoundly influences your life in a positive way. You may also find that due to this surge of strength, you are able to face happy or sad situations which would have been too much for you before – for instance, going to the dentist/doctor, moving, fixing family relations, etc. It’s a good time to make peace with and to cut the ties from people and situations from the past that will block up your energy in the future. This may mean you need to mentally, emotionally or physically revisit these situations to pick up any pieces that have been left behind. Perhaps you arrange a school reunion, visit relatives you haven’t spoken to for years (for reasons you may have long forgotten), or reunite with old friends. As a result, relationships may organically fade away or regenerate in a different way. In 2016, you may find you need to relearn how to do things, for example, taking a refresher course in computer studies even though you’ve been using computers for ten years. You really want to feel as though you are on top of your game and in control of your life, and you do not want to be left behind in any area. Gently asserting yourself can give you a feeling of personal power, which can enhance your life. At times you may find that you try to reorganise ‘cupboards’ that don’t need changing, which stirs up situations that are best left to rest. You are learning about responsibility in a big way, so there is little point in delegating matters to others because you will only need to deal with them yourself at a later date. There may be sudden powerful shifts in your mental outlook during this year, which may be a wake-up call for you to take a good long look at your life, particularly your career and finances. You may find that you receive recognition for your work as a result of your conscientious efforts and talents, and you will discover that what you give out to the world really does come back to you in some form or another. It is a great time for cultivating new connections and friendships. Indeed, flattery may get you everywhere at work or home during this cycle, as you’re bursting with life; others may even fight over a chance to spend precious time with you.

Key words for you this year are: karma, responsibility, strength, business, service, balance and harmony.

For your husband - 2016 is going to be a real roller-coaster ride for you. This year is going to be full of big changes and big opportunities. To reap the benefit of these opportunities, you will need to remain positive and optimistic in your outlook. Read about the Law of Attraction as this, of all years, is a time when it can work very well for you. What you focus on and believe in will happen in 2016. This is a time of freedom and expansiveness, and it is possible that you will find yourself driven by a desire to break free from your usual routine, delve into unknown areas, and reconstruct your life in a way that feels more authentic to you. This is a time for taking action, expressing yourself (particularly through writing), and finding new people, new places and new situations. You may change yourself, your relationships, your job, your home or whatever. The year is going to expand your horizons and your viewpoint. The way to successfully cope with all the changes is to be flexible and up for anything. 2015 was your hard-working year that helped you organize and order your life so that you could be open to and ready for this present year of change. This is a year of adventure and freedom. It's a time when exploration and reaching out to others will bring amazing opportunities. It's a good time to advertise and sell. Surprises are in store for you now, and your usual routine will be broken. This is a year when exciting relationships can be formed, or, if you are already in a partnership, new life can be breathed into the relationship.

If you are feeling incredibly uninhibited and ready to have the time of your life, it’s because of the influence of vibes in 2016. This energy is associated with fun, adventure, sensuality and experimentation, and it may be a mesmerising year, particularly for relationships. If you’ve been feeling like you need a bit of a push to make important changes in your life, then this vibration will help you do it. This year may also bring unexpected changes to your life if you try to fight your natural forward progression. Similarly, if you try to force situations, you may find they rebound on you with the same velocity. Where commitments have become stuck with seemingly no way out, sudden resolutions may appear and free your life up. Even if you are normally prone to speculation, this year can turn your life upside down. If it needs to be rearranged so that you continue in the right direction, then anything can happen. Sometimes it may feel as if there is no one to turn to and nothing to hold on to, or as if there’s no earth beneath your feet. This may be designed to keep you on your toes, so that you do not become complacent about the necessary changes in your life. However, restlessness may make you more accident-prone, so you may need to act with forethought and intent. Likewise, forgetting to pay bills because you are rushing everywhere may lead to sticky situations. 2016 will offer you wonderful opportunities to get crystal-clear about your life and to put it into perspective. This may require a lot of communication, which is great because you need to work on this quality in this year. Good communication can help to kick-start your career or boost your closeness within a relationship. Perhaps you can start off by communicating with yourself by keeping a daily diary, so you can keep track of and monitor your thoughts. Or you may write letters to express yourself to close ones, which may be easier than speaking to them in person, as it allows you to really think about what you need to say. In order to make the most of this year's energy, you need to embrace change. Any kind of procrastination may compound situations and prolong them, so that this year may be full of stops and starts. However, as much as you’d like to talk yourself out of facing situations, you can if you want keep your mind positive and talk yourself into them. Indeed, you may find yourself craving regularity this year, but it could be a wasted sentiment. Life will be full of surprises and should not be boring, particularly if you pounce on some of the exciting opportunities on offer, and are versatile with it. It’s time to allow your soul to speak to you and for you to use your gifts to their fullest. Advice - explore, look for adventure, keep your eyes open for opportunities, and mingle.

Key words for you this year are: communication, decisions, change, and experience.

• Hi Captain,

I actually don't have any issues with my relationship with my mother and sister. We're very close. Their birth dates are: 10.19.61 and 6.17.89 respectively, though if that gives you any insight to anything down the road that's helpful! Thank you!

• Thank you so much for the insight. You hit several nails on the head (so to speak) and I appreciate the feedback. I'm curious, though, about my relationship with my grandmother (birthdate 11/10/36) as I am her primary caretaker. Do you see anything in to how to best deal with this ongoing task? Any advice or recommendations to not let it overwhelm my day-to-day living? In addition, my husband (5/9/80) and I have been contemplating growing our family more or just being content with what we already are blessed with. I'm interested to know if we should pursue adding on to our family or instead be content and focus on work, life and finances for the future. Thank you in advance!

• As to adding to your family, I think it will be hard for you and your husband to synchronize when you will be ready for it. Next year, he will likely feel like wanting more children while you may feel like slimming down your responsibilities. My advice would be to wait until you both feel secure and ready for it and to meanwhile focus on what you already have.

You and your grandmother: this relationship will be most successful when its demands are not excessive and individual differences are respected. Freedom is a necessity here, and given enough free rein, the relationship can endure. You are both very powerful individuals in your own ways and the relationship between you can actually be very comforting. But you must not try to control each other. The relationship can have a foundation of mutual respect, and each person will generally admire the other. Mutual acceptance, openness and sharing will be the glue that holds the relationship together. You are a nurturer at heart Jen but, as your gran gets older, she can become more demanding, which can engender feelings of rebellion in you. There may be conflicts over the handling of money and your gran has trouble actually relating well or understanding other people. She tends to bottle up her emotions until one day she explodes or becomes ill or stressed because she is not expressing herself and what she wants. She can have long-term health problems that she may just learn to live with, but instead of doing so, she would be far better off to take a more proactive approach and constantly challenge her doctor for new treatments or new advice to ease her problems. Still, if you can both let up and pull back in your intensity and allow the other person a lot of freedom rather than trying to direct or control them, this relationship can work out well.