2 of cups--reading input

• I went through a recent break up and just did a relationship spread of 6 cards, asking "What is the path our relationship?" I would love your input in interpreting the reading....

1st Position is the core of the situation-- The Emperor

2nd Position is how I feel about him--The Moon

3rd Position is how he feels about me--Justice

4th Position is where I want this relationship to go--4 of wands

5th Position is where he wants for this relationship to go--3 of swords

6the Position is the Outcome--2 of Cups

The spread looks like this: 1

Any thoughts? Thanx!

• i am still new at tarot so take what i say with a grain of salt 🙂

i am going through a divorce so i know how you feel. 😞

1st position emperor is maybe a power struggle between u 2....

4th position = u want to be married & things like that maybe

5th position = 3 of swords...hmm... not sure but that is not so good.

the outcome card is the 2 of cups. that's a really good sign for reconciliation. 🙂

maybe really talking about both your needs will help you both out.

i hope the best for you & him 🙂

take care,

becky

• i am still new at tarot so take what i say with a grain of salt 🙂

i am going through a divorce so i know how you feel. 😞

1st position emperor is maybe a power struggle between u 2....

4th position = u want to be married & things like that maybe

5th position = 3 of swords...hmm... not sure but that is not so good.

the outcome card is the 2 of cups. that's a really good sign for reconciliation. 🙂

maybe really talking about both your needs will help you both out.

i hope the best for you & him 🙂

take care,

becky

• Once again, I dislike spreads with just one card per position, because it lets the reading with more possibilities.

When you have a major and a minor per position, it use to be more specific and easy to read, more difficult to make a mistake when interpreting.

1st Position is the core of the situation-- The Emperor

The situation shows you deserve to win, conquest your partner again, and feels you still can make it.

2nd Position is how I feel about him--The Moon

You still in love for him, but you're confused, you can see exactly what's happening, your thoughts aren't so clear, and maybe your projecting a lot of things on him.

3rd Position is how he feels about me--Justice

He's rational, listening only to his head, weighing advantages and cons of this situation, making what he feels is the right thing to do.

Justice is not a good card to feelings, because it doesn't listen to its heart, it's a cold card.

4th Position is where I want this relationship to go--4 of wands

You want to get back to the good times of friendship, fun, leisure, when you two didn't have big problems between each other.

5th Position is where he wants for this relationship to go--3 of swords

I think it was a definitive end to him, something he really wants to leave behind. On the Mythological Tarot deck this card shows 2 people killing another, with a sad expression on their faces, but doing what they think it should be done.

6the Position is the Outcome--2 of Cups

Despite it all, 2 of cups shows possibilities of reconciliation, an approach, but it doesn't mean you'll be together again. This situation can evolve to the union of the 3 of Cups but it depends of how you both will deal with this approach.

No doubt a hard spread to interpret, because his cards were very easy to read, very direct. Now he really can't see a reconciliation.

If you'd made a spread with major and minor per position, it would be easier to interpret.

If it was a Sun + 2 of Cups, surely you'll be together, if it was a Fool + 2 of Cups maybe you would be together just for fun, not in a serious relationship, if it was a Tower + 2 of Cups it would be really a break up, hard to have a reconciliation, or just more frustration when trying to reach it.

Well, that's it.

• Can I use the same spread with my single cards and pull out the major arcana from the rest of the deck, shuffle, and attach a major arcana to each card? would that be a good idea to clarify things?

• You mean use the same minor of this spread and just shuffle and attach one major for each?

No, it can't be done this way.

When you make a spread, you put all cards turned down, and then turn up each one. Since you turned up all of them and interpret it, you can't add more cards to the same positions, because you already know the energy of what that specific card in that specific position means, and it can influence directly the next card you would put there.

When they're turn down you don't know what's there, so when you take one more card from the deck is harder to influence with your own thoughts.

If in one position you have a Major, a Minor, and this minor is a King, Queen, Knight or Page, you can take one more minor card to have a specific meaning of the situation. (because sometimes this court cards can mean not situations, but people or personalities)

In whole, you should make another totaly new spread. 😃