May I have a love reading, please?

• I have someone I am interested in, but I have no idea what their feelings are towards me or what my chances are with them. We're friends, but making my feelings known could easily ruin that. Please help, thanks!

• Can you post a photo or birthdates?

• Of myself, them, it both? My date of birth is july 28, 1985. Theirs is January 22, 1973.

• Wow, July 29, 1985...hit the wrong key!

• OK, comparing your two profiles, I can see that there is some extraordinary chemistry at work here. It indeed has the potential for a life-long and committed partnership, be it friendship or something more deep like marriage. No matter how theoretical, idealistic, or imaginative the two of you are as individuals, together you can come down-to-earth with a bang. Your relationship brings out the practical and sensuous side of each of you, a facet of which neither of you may have been aware. You may each fall in love at first sight, or the relationship may develop slowly but surely, yet in either case your matchup has staying power over the years, and in retrospect may be viewed as a wonder that was simply meant to be.

But a love match does entail the danger that the two of you, no matter how powerful you are individually, may submerge or lose your identities in the relationship. You KA can especially subordinate your individuality to the needs of others, but this can lead to emotional problems and resentment. In a way, the relationship's success could be its undoing. Should either person die or be lost to the other through circumstance, extreme grief and feelings of deprivation or anger may prove debilitating - left alone, the remaining partner might feel that their life is over, or that they cannot continue. The relationship can be that intense and dependency-creating. So it is imperative that great care be taken to maintain individual prerogatives, so that the two of you don't become totally wrapped up in the relationship's protective 'cloak'.

That is why a friendship here has a better chance of remaining objective - however, there may be little interest on either side in elevating the relationship to a position of great importance if there are other people involved. At the same time, it should not be taken for granted that easy and pleasurable attitudes will always prevail here. Assuming responsibility and bringing an element of hard work to the relationship will often ground it and lend it more permanence and satisfaction. Don't be too self-sacrificing. A little self-interest is healthy too.

You KA often tend to be attracted to people who fit in with your community, but you would actually benefit more from potential partners who are more individualistic in their outlook. Once in a relationship, you can be a positive and thoughtful lover, and your wonderful way with words can quickly dissolve tension and create harmony. What you really want is to merge with someone else's energy and feel mutual empowerment. You are looking for total, permanent commitment. You want a partner whom you can count on to take care of all your material needs, and you will take care of all your partner's emotional needs (or vice versa) - a synergistic relationship that is mutually empowering and completely dependable. To successfully establish this type of relationship, you must be discriminating and find someone with similar energy and values. The shared goals must be innately valuable to each of you as individuals. For this to happen, you must first get in touch with your own values. Be wary of seeking self-approval through other people. You must become strong within yourself, aware of what you want, and tune in to what is real and meaningful in your life. The challenge is to establish your own energy systems and figure out who you are as an individual. As your energy becomes stronger, you will automatically attract people of similar energy with whom you can form successful partnerships. It’s important for you to make time for yourself and for your own psychological development, too especially between the ages of twenty-four and fifty-four, during which your mental focus will be more analytical and practical, and the desire to be of service to others takes center stage. These are the years when you are likely to make outstanding contributions to your community or even humanity as a whole. But you need to make sure you don’t regard your own personal needs and ambitions as less important than those of the community. This is because, by demonstrating to others that your community supports individuality rather than suppresses it, you can give your community the most powerful and liberating endorsement of all.

Your love interest can often find it difficult to commit to a person or a project, often through fear of the consequences or of losing what they already have achieved. What they really want is an environment in which to feel safe, protected, cared for, and doted on - a place that is a home where they feel they truly belong. To achieve this, they must be willing to let go of the idea that one special person - or group of people - is going to provide it just because they think they need it. Instead, they must take charge of creating what they need for themselves. But they can become bored easily and often feel impatient. They don’t just need variety; it is their life force. They need to learn the importance of patience and discipline if they are to find stability and satisfaction in their life. If they don’t understand or can’t see their way ahead, they may lose their temper, with explosive results. Fortunately, by this stage of their life, they should have developed a sense of self-restraint and self-discipline. Honor and being true to themselves are all-important, and they will always do what they know to be right, regardless of what others think. Yet they may find relationships challenging as their head is always going off in a new direction. They are prone to mood swings and are drawn toward intelligent and progressive thinkers who share their love of adventure and constant change. However, once they find a partner who is able to keep up and cope, they really do enjoy and benefit from the peace and stability a close relationship can bring.

Your friend is going through much upheaval and change this year, while you are closing down and ending things - old relationships, jobs, living arrangements etc. Decisions for both of you must be carefully considered and not made through emotion or impulse. Next year will be much calmer and settled for your friend, while you will be beginning a whole new chapter of your life where you will want to start your life over.

Good luck!

• Wow, I was not expecting any of that! Thank you very much!