Captain, Birthday insight, life guidance please

• HI Captain,

You have responded to me a few times through your thoughts, insights, reflections and readings, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate and value your truth, guidance and support. My birthday is February 15, and I was wondering if you can bring together, through which ever medium(s) you see fit, an insight for me and the near future.

I am currently concerned with money(lack of, living pay check to pay check), my boyfriend (who is currently unemployed and living with me), caring for a sick mother on a daily basis, teaching special education in an inner city, and the general daily ins and outs of life. I have suffered from depression for a long time, yet for the past 3-4 months personally I feel wonderful. Despite the many people struggling around me, I feel positive everyday and hardly ever suffer from anxiety like I use to. The other big concern in my head over and over is my weight. I am at my heaviest and I am aware of it all of the time. I know my self-talk in this area needs to change. My spirituality and karma remain positive, which I am grateful for, indeed.

So bearing all that in mind, approaching my 36th birthday, I am seeking your insight, guidance and ideas about what the future might or what I need to be aware of to influence outcomes of possibilities and get on and remain on a positive path of self-growth and self-love in this turbulent time.

My birth info is:

Jennifer Ann McDonough

February 15, 1980

10:05 am

Orange, NJ USA

I take your insights with great regard to you and your gifts.

Thank you for sharing them with myself and the many other lives you have touched.

You are truly and angel.

Best Wishes!

Jen

• Jennifer, you are among the most deeply sensitive of people in the world. This might be difficult to discern however, for you tend to cover up your soft underbelly with a hard shell of cool objectivity and ostensible rationality. You are called to become more balanced, mature, and psychologically whole as you integrate your inner and outer realities. Self-protective in the extreme, you probably have experienced betrayal of your trust. So you must rebuild trust in yourself to be more discerning and a better judge of character. You will learn how to evaluate others so that you know whom to trust and why. Only then will you be able to show others what you are truly made of. Like Ernest Hemingway said, the best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them. Your core lesson is to learn to trust your own judgment. Your goal is to reveal your sensitive core to others and to stop seeing yourself as a victim, using your gifts of compassion, vision, innovation, observation, and an orientation towards service to achieve success and happiness.

You are charming, imaginative and energetic with an ability to master skills quickly, using your enterprise and ingenuity to raise an ability, craft or project to undreamed-of heights. You like to live life in the fast lane and have no intention of slowing or calming down or even of being an ordinary person living in suburbia. Although this approach means you can be a powerful force to be reckoned with, it can also mean that you sometimes find it hard to know when to stop. You value your intellectual and physical freedom and you like to experience or investigate just about anything. This can lead, however, to burnout or information overload; when this happens, you may come across as chaotic or irresponsible. Your moods may also swing from high to low for no reason; this is a result of living in too heightened a state. It is important for you to understand that sometimes discipline and limits have great value. Since you tend to be quite psychic, you may often feel swamped by your extrasensory impressions and find it difficult to sort out what you are experiencing or sensing. Thus, you may feel confused and have a hard time making decisions. Tapping into your intuition and psychic abilities will further bolster your judgment. You must sift, sort, and weigh all types of information or impressions and, with a dose of objectivity, reach conclusions about the best courses of action or about the characters of individuals. You must learn when to pay attention to the little details that reveal so much about others. In time, you will develop a “testing” instinct. By observing people in different situations, you will learn how to test their integrity and trustworthiness. In addition, a knack for timing is crucial here since you must learn not only whom to reveal yourself to, but when. You must develop wisdom - which is grounded in the body, in the heart, and not merely in rational thinking. By cultivating your own inner wisdom, you will grow to trust yourself more and will be able to take more risks in revealing yourself to the world. What is best for you is not necessarily to become wealthy or famous. This could necessitate hiding behind a facade. Rather, you will be quite happy working discreetly behind the scenes, revealing yourself in public now and then, all the while developing the skills necessary to open more to others on an intimate level. Although the spotlight can be turned on you occasionally, you will never be completely comfortable being in the public eye for long periods.

You also need plenty of time to work on your private life in peace and to nurture your physical side. It is highly recommended you ground yourself through massage, yoga, or sports - anything that connects your spirit to your worldly shell. As long as you learn the importance of self-discipline and goal setting - and others allow you to explore the wonders of the world - you are multi-talented and have the potential to realize your original and intelligent dreams. You may have an alarming wild rebellious streak however that can often land you in trouble, but you are genuinely motivated by a desire to make the world a happier and more exciting place. With you around, life can be many things but it is never dull. You need to find work and a life that is not bourgeois or ordinary. You fear totally giving up your independence and/or being controlled by a boss or manager or company, so you'll never really be 'normal' but that's OK. You are extremely sensitive to your environment, and must therefore work somewhere calm and harmonious - an outside job in nature would be perfect for you. However, your skin can be particularly sensitive, and soothing creams containing vitamin E or essential oils may be of help for possible allergies. Since you may suffer from problems with your nervous system related to your emotional sensitivity, you should keep active, with quite vigorous exercise recommended, and plenty of rest in between. Due to your high standards and your drive for recognition and success, you can do almost anything well and will tend to rise above the crowd because you work hard and strive to improve yourself. Yet you may rarely feel like you’re performing as well as you could. You need to feel appreciated for your work, and you tend to strive for a high income. Due to your high ideals, you may sometimes have a hard time finding work that feels meaningful enough. You belong in a profession that rewards individual creative effort. Entertaining (singing, acting, etc), entrepreneurship, freelancing, teaching, art or some other way of being at centre stage will release your tremendous creative energy (which you must believe in) in constructive ways that bring joy to all. As a nature lover, they may also be drawn to work in conservation, farming or with animals. Other good options for you include writing (especially science fiction and fantasy), psychology, working with children, games and adventure/sport. Driven toward yet afraid of high profile and recognition, you tend to be a late bloomer until, finally, you come to value yourself and the quality of your work, emerging as a positive influence on others. Although your pure ideals tend to stop you from abusing power or squandering money, if you don’t feel worthy of success, you may subconsciously sabotage your efforts to make or save money or undercharge for your services. You may resent rich people due to negative beliefs about wealth. You can open the way to a life of abundance and service by reminding yourself of your higher purpose. You can then use your power and position to help others, perhaps through philanthropy.

The cause of weight problems can be found in a low self-image, perhaps reflecting negative parental attitudes expressed toward you in childhood, especially concerning your mother and her attitudes. If you have a negative attitude about yourself, it can involve feelings of shame that may be focused on your body or on mistakes you feel you have made. Such attitudes are empowered by guilt and you may blame yourself constantly. Learning to forgive yourself (and anyone else you feel has hurt you) will be vital. You may have trouble knowing or expressing how you really feel because you have learned to focus on the ‘best way’ to feel and then wear that mask. You need to tune into your authentic feelings and needs and express them honestly.

Your life's work is to develop enough willpower and self-discipline to take your emotions in hand. Yet you must remember that, although you are bound to our body, your spirit is free to soar. Your destiny is to encourage others by your own example to have a more adventurous and open-minded spirit. You will grow wiser with age, and level out emotionally with the passing years. Affection is usually the key to this process; giving and receiving it on a daily basis is important for your growth and development. Deprived of it, you can turn inward and come to live in your own isolated, albeit imaginative world. You are here to work through issues of perfectionism, money, power and recognition, sharing your abundance in alignment with your highest vision and ideals, in the service of others. Your life will reflect your conflicting drives and beliefs about money, power and high profile, and your innate idealism can tend to inhibit the personal power you are here to make manifest. Eventually you will stand up, assert yourself, and gain recognition within your family, in your community, or in the world at large. When you get recognized, it’s usually due to the quality of your work. You can work hard for money and recognition, but you have mixed feelings about both due to your inherent idealism. For example, you can have inner conflicts about whether you’re undervaluing your service and charging too little or feeling ‘greedy’ and charging too much. One part of you says “Charge less – it’s the right thing to do!” while another part may say “I want more!” or you may be so afraid of abusing money that you give your skills away virtually for free to avoid the risk of someone being upset or angry with you. You can be sensitive to criticism, which may mean you hold back from expressing yourself to maintain your ‘cool’. You can be either passive or aggressive, but you tend to be more subdued most of the time. Depending on your level of self-worth, which may be shaky due to your high standards, you may give away your power and lack self-assertiveness when dealing with emotional confrontations. You may deflect praise and devalue your worth and influence, ignoring your achievements and only remembering your mistakes and failures, and so you may have trouble truly enjoying the fruits of your efforts. You may compete with and compare yourself to others in terms of success, recognition, wealth or influence. When caught in repetitive rituals of achievement, you would do well to remember the magic words “not perfect, but good enough.” When you stop holding yourself back, you will produce quality work that supports and amazes others.

2016 for you is your BIG year for potential success in all career and for material matters. This is your power year, a period when you can make important strides in your life. Coming after a very slow, lonely or introspective period in 2015, you may start feeling some stirrings of ambition. 2016 for you represents a time for moving from the inner world into the outer world. After the deep inner reflection of last year, get ready to manifest what you have been working toward during the last several years. This is a year to focus on money, work, finances, and personal power. You’ll be in work overdrive this year and also be handed opportunities that test your personal power. This year is a mighty year for you, and you’ll need to hit the ground running and focus your actions and energies on creating the financial abundance you want in your life. It’s a year where you can experience big financial ups and downs, so be prepared to tap into your resilience. You can experience major gains and/or big losses. Yet this is your year to think big and manifest the money and status you deserve. Just remember to take breaks so your health doesn’t suffer. Schedule short vacations when you can. Otherwise you’re bound to experience burnout. Be careful to steer clear of a victim mentality this year too. 2016's energy is truly challenging and will bring up very real, deep issues related to your sense of empowerment and demand that you deal with them. This can be a year of big decisions and major achievements. Activity is your keynote now, and you will find yourself very much involved and occupied. You have things going for you so long as you take advantage and act. It should be easier now for you to branch out and expand in a business-like manner. If you are at all inclined, this is the time to exude self-confidence and authority, because others will tend to be receptive to your leadership and control. Your power and status potential will be at a peak. It is a great year for goal setting, job interviews, job-seeking, and career attainment. Because it is a year of potential personal prosperity, you are in a position to manifest whatever it is that you want in life. This year will find you dealing with important people, important decisions, and important methods of operating, rather than being bogged down in petty details. Force, energy, and power are at your command during this year, although you are asked to use it wisely and with the intention of achieving the highest good of all those around you. Set your own direction and participate fully in the process.

During 2016, you will be learning to take what situations or issues you have been working on – particularly during the last few years – and make them stronger. This may mean, for example, that if you have been learning patience, you get to grips with this, which profoundly influences your life in a positive way. You may also find that due to this surge of strength, you are able to face happy or sad situations which would have been too much for you before – for instance, going to the dentist, getting married or filing for divorce. It’s a good time to make peace with situations and to cut the ties with people and situations from the past that will block up your energy in the future. This may mean you need to mentally, emotionally or physically revisit these situations to pick up any pieces that have been left behind. Perhaps you arrange a school reunion, visit relatives you haven’t spoken to for years (for reasons you may have long forgotten), or reunite with old friends. As a result, relationships may organically fade away or regenerate in a different way. In 2016, you may find you need to relearn how to do things, for example, taking a refresher course in computer studies even though you’ve been using computers for ten years. You really want to feel as though you are on top of your game and in control of your life, and you do not want to be left behind in any area. Gently asserting yourself can give you a feeling of personal power, which can enhance your life. At times you may find that you try to reorganise ‘cupboards’ that don’t need changing, which stirs up situations that are best left to rest. You are learning about responsibility in a big way, so there is little point in delegating matters to others because you will only need to deal with them yourself at a later date. There may be sudden powerful shifts in your mental outlook during this year, which may be a wake-up call for you to take a good long look at your life, particularly your career and finances. You may find that you receive recognition for your work as a result of your conscientious efforts and talents, and you will discover that what you give out to the world really does come back to you in some form or another. It is a great time for cultivating romance; you may be feeling raunchy and out to seduce. Indeed, flattery may get you everywhere at work or home during this cycle, as you’re bursting with life; others may even fight over a chance to spend precious time with you.

Key words for you this year are: karma, responsibility, strength, business, service, balance and harmony.

• Wow, wow and wow. I cannot thank you enough for your insights and wisdom. I have printed your reply and will continue reading it over....I have a lot to face...I need to become more active and return to nature.

I hope and pray I can take this year on....

Again,

I can't thank you enough,

Jen

• You are most welcome!

• Hello once again Captain,

I am writing because I feel I am on the verge of a huge change of in my social, emotional, spiritual, and all encompousing huge change for the better. Better growth of my health, well being and ready to again persue what I was called here to do on this is. Despite the spelling errors, can you please give me some insight on the struggles and successes of my journey and what I should focus on. Manta...self-motivation, and what to do what I falter....

Thank you...my dear

Jennifer Ann McDonough

2/15/80

Orange, NJ

10:05 am

• Please see above.. Not sure if it posted correctly.

Thanks!

Jen

• Please see above.. Not sure if it posted correctly.

Thanks!

Jen

• I thought I covered just about everything in your reading. What did I leave out?

• yes you really did....I re read it a few times today.....thank you

• Just an update, I have since broke up with my boyfriend, my choice, and I am much better for it. Since then it seems my life is manifesting what you have said. I found a book through MindValley, and it is really opening me up to the change I want to see in myself.

I do still have an overbarng mother to care for, and very distant relationship with father...my brother is quite busy, just became a firefighter.

On another note, I pretty much have no friends. I am outgoing and personable and have achieved so much, but since turning 33, when I began to suffer with depression, I just became a hermit....It has been very hard for me to go out and socialize being I barely keep my money above the red...even working 2 jobs...not that I spend...it is just cost of living going up...

Yet, I feel all this is changing, I have know it is...how I speak and what I can manifest, will come to me....

With this current turn of events....is there anything you see more clearly for me....I am coming to end of teaching school year, working a summer job, and I feel the change coming....

Just wanted to share...

and say THANK YOU>....you amaze me!!!

Any further insight would be much appreciated....if not....no worries....I think I am finding my path...I have to follow through...

It is a little difficult alone. But I got an awesome cat.

Take care...

Hope you are well.

Jen

• Do you have a MeetUp group (find them on the internet) in your area - or perhaps you can start one up yourself, just for people who want to do fun stuff that doesn't cost much. It's a great way to meet people and not have to explain to them that you're skint.

As to your future, I feel you going from strength to strength and even handling the ups and downs, that we all inevitably encounter, much better. Yes, change is coming but it's going to be great! All you have to do is to stay positive and believe that you are in the hands of a loving Higher Power that is guiding you - and that you are a beautiful immortal all-powerful being at your core, simply having a human experience in order to evolve and learn.

Cats ARE awesome! And they rule.

So do you!