For Watergirl

• Hi Watergirl,

I've finally taken the step to try treatment again.

I was 'pushed' into it because my condition had taken a turn for the worse.

I completely froze up at the first session with the physical therapist. Very different from my dance class, where I'm happy and goofy. Dance helped me focus on my strengths instead of my weaknesses. Being in a therapy session made me have to look at my weaknesses again 😞 Never realized how much psychological trauma has been under the surface... how much fear there is.

I want to be able to find my groove with this, the way I have in dance. The idea is a treatment phase first, and then a rehab exercise class paired with home exercises to regain strength, mobility and to work on dysfunctional muscle patterns. I'm a very long way off and I do worry about my ability to afford this. I decided to just do it and not worry about the finances first. The therapist - there is something about him...i know I shouldn't go there...but hmmm

Something tells me it is meant to work for me this time. That there is an unblocking taking place, and I'm on the cusp of lots of avenues/opportunities/adventures opening up in all areas of my life in the future. And all I have to do is not be afraid - and just keeping going forward one step a time.

My sign of faith - is that I decided to give up my only dance class (until I get significantly better). And I did follow your advice from before about swimming - I've been doing that weekly for 6 months, and also doing a daily series of gentle and slow stretching exercises to teach the muscles to relax.

Can you share your insight into this situation, any advice, and what you see happening for me in 2016?

Thanks!

Danceur