Denied promotion...

• I was denied the chance to enter a management training program and was given a reason I didn't think was the real reason. Can someone tell me what the real reason was and what my boss and his boss really think of me going into a leadership position? This hurt me to the core so much I am seriously and actively looking for another company to work for even though I have been with this company for a year and a half and really like my bosses. What's to become of my career?

• ariespiscesaquarius

There is timing involved here, like you need to be with the company at least three years before you can enter a management training program. Ask one of the boss's other than your own how long they were there before becoming a manager without prior experience.

Your career is what you will make of it in the future. If there is something that you want to do other than what is now, than do it. The energy is there for you to decide and be guided into the career of your future.

Mist of Emerald

• Most other managers were promoted within 6 months to a year, and some didn't take the management training program. This company moves fast and I was promoted once already 7 months ago. This is not a guaranteed position, just a program to help you get into management later, not required but certainly beneficial. I never liked my work and have been unhappy with this company for a long time, and am only doing to to get where I need to go, but if that's not going to happen then I will need to leave. They are telling me I am being hasty and to wait it out, but my gut feeling is telling me it's for their own selfish gain to keep me working for them as it will be very difficult to replace me with someone just as good.