Away from my love for 6 months. May I have a reading please?

• Hello,

I’ve been overseas, away from the man I love for six months. We didn’t communicate during that period. Will we be able to reconnect? I welcome any insights you may have.

Thank you,

Flowersareours

• This man wanted to be away from you because he felt your need and he doesn't want to get caught up in any sort of affair that goes nowhere. But you are not really in love with him, just in love with the idea of being rescued from your situation. As long as you keep searching outside yourself for help and support, you will never find it. You have to make a firm decision about what you want to do with your life to make yourself happy - and then do it.

• Thank you, Captain. Would you mind elaborating on: “he doesn't want to get caught up in any sort of affair that goes nowhere” please.

Also, I was the one who ignored him during my absence, so I don’t quite understand.

• Exactly, he could tell that you weren't really wanting him, just his strength. But you are strong enough to do what you need to do on your own.

• Thanks Captain. I wonder if what you are picking up as his strength is really his expertise. We have known each other for several years, but last year I hired him to do a job for me. At one stage, towards the final stages of the job, I felt he was really struggling to keep our professional and personal relationships separate. He did try to ask me out on a date. (It didn’t happen.) Shortly after that he abandoned the job, without saying anything to me. I was hurt on a personal level, and angry on a professional one, so I didn’t contact him either. I then finished most of the remaining work myself (though something still needs to be done), and a couple of months later I left the country.

Initially, while I was away, he made some overtures about his feelings towards me, but I just ignored him because of my own sense of betrayal. It’s a big mess. My personal feelings for him are very strong. I will be returning in a few days.

• Are you still married?

• Formally, yes, but I asked my husband for a separation and that's why I left the country for 6 months.

• Until you are completely finished with one relationship, you cannot fully embark physically, emotionally, mentally or energetically on a new one. Your whole heart, mind, soul and body needs to be free to do so - otherwise the other person will sense your lack of full commitment.

• Thank you. So this man wanted commitment from me, but sensed that I couldn’t offer it to him? Have I understood correctly?

• Yes.

• Thanks for your help, Captain.

• You're very welcome. I wish you good luck for the future.