Concerned About Family-Psychic Help?

• Hello everyone!

I haven't been on this site in AWHILE-but I can honesty say I've been great and have been enlightened to a more positive life and better outlook. I have an 8 month old son and wonderful boyfriend who I love dearly. I moved to California with my little family to build a life up for myself. I let all of the pain and hurt from my past (especially with my family) go. I've just been a little concerned about my mother (her bday is July 23rd 1973) who seem like she is going to break and abandon my younger brothers and sisters. My mother has her controlling, mean, self centered and abusive tendencies but she's also a very sweet and selfless, strong woman who has given her all and been through so much. My issue with her is that she is very stubborn. She never believes she is wrong and has an intense reaction to critcism and can be very cold towards others feelings. The last time I physically seen her, I had a mental breakdown. It hurt but I let it go. I just focused on my own development and see that shes not ready to change. I focused more on understanding rather than hating. Doesnt mean I think she's right. I just see her as a human being. My sisters and brothers are all stressed out from her and my father. I can feel their pain from miles away (I am an empath), the thought of them makes me smile but kills me on the inside. Everytime I talk to my mom, I feel like she is about to snap-Is there anyway I can make her understand what she is doing to herself and my siblings? And how can I help my siblings? What can I say to make them understand?

• Hi Asia,

In my opinion....the only thing you can do is show your mother bits and pieces of love from a distance. Sending a card that is loving and uplifting while maintaining your space is way you can reach out to her in compassion and show her what love looks like. Staying far enough away from her to not be affected by the negative energy she is lost in at the moment will protect you.

It may be that she has never been taught to love and value herself ...and this is the lesson waiting for her recognition. Perhaps is why she cannot show this to her children.

Let your siblings know they are loved and emotionally supported by you, and explain what may be behind your mothers actions. Tell them that they will not be in her presence forever, and they will move on in their own lives...but to remember to do so knowing they are loved and cherished.

• Thank you so much Patchlove! I've been doing that with my mother and being as compassionate and supportive as possible. It took me a long while but I accept her for what she is and love her. I understand her but acknowledge that she is wrong at times without crucifying her. I show my siblings alot of emotional support and try to get them to understand her better. I also tell them to ignore her, though hard at times, and just to focus on their own success at school as their first big step to leaving the house. With me having my own child, I grew up alot and do alot more self reflection so I hardly react to the world around me as much as I did. I react more positively and hope to inspire love and happiness in others.

• Hi Asia,

I think then that you are doing all you can honey. My children had an emotionally abusive father, and now that they are in their adulthood they have come to understand him more for his frailties and they have been very forgiving of him and they have a relationship now.

Much love to you, and may all of you be safe and know that you are loved....from the inside out ...:-)