Intense connection

• I had the best date of my life with a very complex and charismatic man. There is a seriously intense connection between us. It's like a dream come true. I'm curious to know what the stars have to say about our connection. My birthday is 08-17-1979 and he is 03-20-1974. Any thoughts?

• This relationship can resemble the story of "Fifty Shades of Grey". Passions will run high here - especially sexual ones - but there is a strong need to take any wayward energies in hand, and to shape and direct them. Overbearing energies must be mastered, so long as it can be achieved with dignity and choice. In the best-case scenario, this relationship can give a project direction or can bring together subtle feelings and define them. No attempt should be made however to break this relationship's strongly independent spirit, although one of you may try to control the other and direct their life in a sort of Svengali or Professor Henry Higgins type of way. Since it will be extremely difficult for either of you to admit your mistakes, contention is likely to arise between you, with each person claiming something like infallibility. The end of a knock-down, drag-out argument may come in the form of exhaustion or an uneasy truce but rarely compromise or apology. Perhaps the most realistic approach is to agree to disagree, or at least to agree not to argue. Unfortunately this will do little to help solve the relationship's problems. Hard work will be required to keep the channels of communication open and to move towards building acceptance and understanding.

Both of you are emotionally deep individuals who live in a world of complex feelings. The passionate aspect of an erotic relationship between you may well become an outlet for each of you to express such feelings, whether positive or negative, and the relationship may accordingly prove highly satisfying and even long-lasting. The control of tumultuous energies is crucial here however and strong emotions can threaten the relationship's stability and may lead to its breakup eventually. Even so, it may reach an intensity that both of you will remember for a lifetime. Should some sort of balance or direction of the determined and wilful energies present here be possible, much can be achieved. The key to deepening trust may lie in the area of admitting mistakes and weaknesses. Any act of forgiveness, any resistance to a tendency to blame or lay on guilt trips may prove a major triumph. Ultimately the taming of the tiger requires perseverance and respect. Master-slave will not work here, only mastery and balance of each other's undisciplined passions.