Career insight

• Hello all,

I quit a very demanding and time consuming job a few months ago working for a very high-profile individual. After several years the long hours and lack of respect were draining me emotionally and physically so I resigned. I am still on good terms with my previous boss and even have a glowing letter of recommendation. Finding a new job that fits my skills and experience has been extremely difficult. There have been a few job interviews but so far nothing has stuck. I have been offered a few jobs but the salary has been far less than ideal. They want someone with my years of experience who is willing to work at an entry-level salary. I'm coming down to the end of my savings and I'm worried that I won't be able to pay my rent and my bills. I'm already signed up with several temp agencies but no one returns my calls or emails when I tell them I'm available for work. I continue to send out my resume and make sure to alter it to highlight my experience that would work for the position. I'm also careful to personalize my cover letter as much as I can based on the job description and company/individual. I'm truly at my wits end and am not sure what else I can do to help my situation. My birthday is 8/17/1979. Is there anything in the stars that indicates a break in my job search? Any insight would be helpful.

• According to your astrological profile, you thrive best in careers where you can organize your own timetable and make an impact on others. Whatever career you choose, you will climb up the ladder of success to a leadership position, but you may be drawn in particular to politics, business, the theater or entertainment world, as well as management, writing, law, charity work, or education. You will however need to gain control of your emotions if you want to succeed in life, rather than letting them control you. Until the age of thirty-five, there will be an emphasis in your life on practicality and creating an effective working environment; these are the years when your untamed energy can be at its most explosive and undirected. Learning to think before you speak and act and listening more to the advice of others will help you gain the control and sense of direction you need to earn the respect of others. Learning how to forgive and to let go of angry thoughts and feelings will help your body return from an aroused to a normal state. Staying on an even keel allows your body to function at its best so, for your own good health, you need to steer clear of holding grudges.

After the age of thirty-six, there will be a significant turning point in your life that will highlight your social relationships and partnerships; during these years, your already powerful creative energies will be highlighted even more, and this is the period during which you can really come into your own. 2014 for you was likely full of change and upheaval. It may have been quite a stressful year but one that can hold many opportunities if you are aware of them. Assess your current goals and life mission. Acknowledge what you accomplished during the last few years, and what you are still working toward. Recreate your goals, reflect on how they fit in your life now, and recommit yourself to what you want to create. Next, define baby steps that may help you get there. Ask yourself where you can take some calculated risks that can open new doors. Remember to allow for miracles, and not to be too attached to each step. Allow the universe to bring you wonderful surprises. Your prime career and material success year will be 2017 so prepare, plan, work towards or study or improve your skills for that time. 2015 will focus more on the home front and family, while 2016 will be a more quiet private time of contemplation and reflection in order to gain the energy and self-understanding necessary for the big career year of 2017.