Could Use Some Guidance

• Hi,

I guess this is silly to worry about, but I have an issue with my former school. I ended up in a messy situation involving a conflict and wound up being suspended. Typically, once the suspension is over a student is allowed to come back. My suspension has ended.But, my school has determined that I am not allowed on campus. I haven't been expelled, but they are acting that way. It's a handicap because I'm in the communications and theatre field and many events take place at this university. I'm concerned that I may have to turn down work because it's something that will require me to go there. Do you think they will reconsider? To be honest, I do feel that there's some element of discrimination here. What should I do? I can't move to another area right now. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

• Surely if your suspension has ended and you are not actually expelled, you have the right to reapply and be accepted? You should push them on this - I just feel they are very wary of taking you back in case something similar happens. You will have to be more aware and in very close control of your emotions if you go back and learn how not to get sucked into bad situations.

• Thanks Captain! I feel like the issue was that I let my emotions get out of control. It's something I'm working on. I think I would also need to prove that something like that would never happen again.

• Do not borrow worry from a future "what if" I feel you get lost in negative thoughts, fears etc. You can be in power over this and either just say stop it to your thoughts and grab a beautiful thought or vision something you want and see it happen. Cross that bridge when you get there also applies. The school is too big a world to be devoted to thinking about you! in fact that is a bit narcissistic to think you are that important. Contacting them only works against you. If you do not make any problems or noise and are working positively, they will not notice you. The only way they will notice and care is if a restraining order has been in force or if you signed a paper agreeing not to enter their property. Otherwise as long as you are not a disturbance no one can order you away. Get out of what if and just get going down a positive road. BLESSINGS!

• Thanks Blmoon! I agree that I'm worrying too much about this situation. Basically, the school keeps a list of people who aren't allowed to be there. One list is made public, the other is just for the police and other school officials. As far as I know, I'm not on the public list. Generally, the people who have gotten themselves in trouble are the ones who came to campus and caused trouble. I don't intend to do that. I really am worrying for nothing and I need to be more aware of that.