A reading request- Will I make the team?

• In July I decided that I really want to get involved in school because in Canada grades 11 and 12 are sort of a REALLY big deal, universities want somebody who is academically brilliant but is also involved in extra circulars at school as well as things such as volunteering. So I made a decision that I would really really want to try out for cheerleading at school. Luckily for me, there are no requirements. I've never taken gymnast before, and I cannot do things like cartwheels or flips. But of course it would be a huge advantage if I could. I've been practicing all summer and I would say I've improved tremendously and my jumps are on point. I don't feel very confident in myself because I'm intimidated by a lot of the other girls who are more experienced and much more skilled than I am.

My school starts in September and tryouts are also during the beginning of the year (in September). I would really like a reading to know if I'm going to make the team or not.

Not sure if this is necessary but my date of birth is May 27th 1997.

Thank you!!

• If you don't go after the things you want, you will get into the habit of never trying anything at all. It's worth making an effort, even when you don't know what the end result may be. Who knows, maybe you won't get to be a cheerleader but you may meet some nice people at the tryouts. If you maintain a positive attitude, you never know what wonderful surprises are in store for you, even if you don't achieve your main objective. Failure is not a bad thing - you can learn many things about yourself and life by failing like how to do things the right way next time - the worst thing is never trying at all. Most really successful people try and fail many times before they succeed. They just keep getting up and going on until they get what they want, or find a more amazing alternative.

• Thanks Captain! I really needed to hear that 🙂

I will definitely try out, and try not to be butt hurt about it even if I end up not making the team.

There are plenty of other things at school I can try out for, so it is not the end of the world.

Thanks for all your help!