Could I have a job reading Please

• I was hired a month ago at a home care agency. Iv been in home care for over 8 years and I had to apply at new agency cause my current agency doesn't have enough work/clients for me. anyway, due to the nature of the field they had to send my background check. they said it could take up to 30 days. its about that now, and im wondering when they are going to call to tell me its in. iv been out of work for awhile now and I need this job very badly. Iv been putting in online applications in for the last 3 months and no responses! So couple questions I would like answered, when are they going to call? and Im also curious as to why I don't get any responses from online applications. I read that this new way of applying is tough cause places get so many online applications, but this is crazy, how does anyone get a job? its like trying to win the lottery.

• You should call this agency. There may have been an accidental delay in processing your application.

Online applications can be impersonal and don't really tell an employer much about the prospective employee. Try following up the online application with a sincere letter or email outlining how much you want to work for the company and something personal about yourself that pertains to your being a good employee.

• I have called them several times and they said they would call me when it comes in. But I like to know if its coming in soon. as for the online applications they send emails confirming the application. but it says Do Not email them. I tried calling the store itself but they say the only they contact the hiring headquarters through their email. everything is computerized. and a lot of applications get filtered and don't reach the hiring office's inbox. They all tell me the same thing, to wait for an email if my application gets chosen. Would it possible to get a job/money related reading? I really need to work soon, and my best chances is the agency I got "hired" at

• Vettech78, you seem to have been struggling in every area of your life for so long. But you are not here to struggle. The Universe doesn't want you to struggle but to have everything you want and need. If you are not getting it, it means you are blocking it, not allowing it to come through. Struggle indicates you are not flowing with life but fighting it.

The world is a mirror for all of us. When something is amiss in our lives, it's showing us that we are not headed toward our desired destination and we need to change course. If a train (or job or opportunity or lover, etc.) doesn't stop at our station, then it's not our train. The reality of struggling is that in reality we are not. It is a mental breakdown in parts of our lives where we feel we have no control. The basis of all fear is actually about losing control, that something outside ourselves will hurt us and that we cannot do anything about it. Our lives will consistently show us when we are in alignment with our highest potential or if we have veered off course. We receive messages 24/7 about what direction to take. When a door closes, it is to show us that something was not right for us. Our souls are constantly speaking to us through our hopes, dreams and passions. Our soul is our trusty compass and guide. Yet, if we are not heeding our inner messages, our lives can be fraught with dissatisfaction, dread and even depression. If there is an aspect of your life that is not working for you, it's because you aren't being true to your soul's calling. Your life is showing you that you deserve better. Your soul will never let you down. It will consistently speak to you, reminding you what you have come to this planet to accomplish. It can be scary to heed its call, but it's essential for your well-being. Your soul seeks a unique expression, and yet there's a human need to be accepted by others. This can lead to conflicting emotions and fear, but you must choose to believe in yourself. If you truly want to fulfill your purpose, you need to take steps every day to pursue your passions and let go of your need to please other people. You must go your own way. That's your winning formula for success.

Vetttech78, I feel your life needs a shake-up. Are you stuck with old out-of-date goals that are not you anymore? Are you so fixed on obtaining something that you cannot see any other way to accomplish it? When you have tried for a long time with the same methods but achieved nothing, then it is time to change either your goals or your methods. Staying in a comfort zone and not challenging yourself leads to inertia and boredom. You need to move out of your comfort zone and try for different sorts of jobs, even ones you have never tried or even self-employment using skills you may not realize could make money. Enthusiasm and eagerness to work will often impress bosses as much as experience or skills. I feel it's only a lack of confidence that is preventing you from getting everything you want in life. Understand that you are as confident as you believe yourself to be; change your thoughts about yourself and you can change your world. I can feel your curiosity, intelligence and originality of thought shining through, so believe in yourself and you will attract good things. However, though you are very self-aware, I feel that other people, and individual and group dynamics, are a bit of a mystery to you. So when it comes to socializing and networking, you may feel out of your depth. You need to learn that, however good you are at your job, if you don’t have the right connections or social skills to promote yourself, it may be difficult for you to get the job, recognition or success you deserve. You can come across to others a s a bit reserved or secretive at times too. Overcoming any shyness and passivity, and working on your self-confidence and social skills is therefore a top priority. If you can resist the temptation to hold back when you should be pushing forward, be more assertive, and promoting yourself, then you will be able to make the most of the remarkable creative potential I sense in you (could the desire for a baby actually be the desire to create something/anything on a material/creative level?) and achieve anything you want. Wearing the colours yellow and orange will boost your self-confidence levels. Health-wise and relationship-wise, I feel you tend to bottle up your emotions, and this can lead to stress and poor health. It is important for you to learn to open up and to be more honest and trusting with other people, especially your partner. Let people know when you need help and don't try to be a rock to everyone - you are allowed to ask and get support for yourself. Jobwise, I feel you would prefer work that allows you some intermittent periods of solitude. You are drawn to work in academia, psychology, and science but you might also consider other career choices (even just for a temporary job at the moment) such as in investigative work, education, philosophy, medicine, tourism, and the world of entertainment because you would do well in all of them. Once you learn to reach out to others with confidence and fine-tune your people skills, you will find your life becomes so much easier and successful.

2014 should suit you very well if you embrace its call for independence and new atttiudes. It carries the same sort of vibes as your own nature. This is a year where masculine energy (yang) is present, which emphasizes individuality, aggressiveness, courage and self-reliance. It is OK to be a little selfish this year. Take time for introspection, as it will add to clarity and a sense of direction. You may at times feel called to stand on your own this year, and your creativity and inventiveness will be at their peak. As this more masculine energy is felt, you may also be faced with any incompletions concerning your early male relationships. This may mean the relationship you had with your father or a male authority figure or a boyfriend. 2014 is a time to clarify your goals and it is a time to act on them. Hard work may be necessary to get a new venture or goal moving. This is really a new beginning for you and it is best not to dwell on the past at this time. This should be fairly easy for you to do because most of the problems and disappointments of the past will tend to disappear this year, leaving the way open for new challenges. Embrace courage and be open to initiating new ideas. A wave of new energy is supporting you, wanting to move you in new directions and bringing you a greater sense of self-definition. It is a time of birthing new ideas. You are learning to initiate what really motivates you. It is not a time to wait around, since you could miss out on what this year has to offer. Set some realistic goals, ones that you know you are able to accomplish, and yet offer some challenge. By being realistic, you will go beyond your comfort zone without setting yourself up to fail. Your goals can be in any areas of your life, especially those where you feel stagnant. Initiate new relationships by making new acquaintances, connections, and friends. As you extend yourself, look for events, classes, or groups that stimulate you and offer learning opportunities that align with your new goals. Take a risk. Think bigger. It takes the same amount of energy to think big as it does to think small. Begin to dream more. If you hear yourself thinking about things you don't have, start thinking more about things you would like to have. And remember to express gratitude for what you do have. Turn your thoughts into an affirmative direction rather than a negating direction. Take baby steps so that you are actually building upon successes, rather than taking big leaps that often set the pace for failure. A little bit consistently really adds up. Acknowledge yourself by valuing your accomplishments each day. When you give yourself recognition by noticing your progress, you make yourself stronger. You may even want to make a list of your accomplishments, even the smallest ones, because they all add up. They provide fuel for further progress! There may be a big move this year or some big new beginning designed to help you clean the slate and create a fresh start. This is also a time for radical changes in your career or business path, investigating entirely new paths and new possibilities for yourself.

Good luck to you!

• Thank you for your post. I can totally understand what you are saying. And I am working on making more connections in my field of choice. Being in the veterinary field is my passion/dream. My graduation is in two months, and I am very excited at the new possibilities that will open up for me. of course I cant be a vettech until I take the National exam which I want to save up money to take it and save to become a member of the group who can help me prepare for this test, since the failure rate for this exam is very high in this field. I am hoping to take the exam before the end of the year. However my student loans will be due here in the next few months regardless, and I have bills piling up, so right now I need income, fast! I havnt worked in 5 months and my fiancé( God bless him is working so hard to pay for everything, even a speeding ticket I recently got! But he needs my help and I need to work soon. The homecare agency emailed me yesterday saying they havnt received my background check yet but still looking out for it, in meantime I did apply for a kennel assistant at a veterinary clinic. The good part of that is that I would get my foot in the door at a veterinary clinic, which may open up possibilities once I become registered, assuming they are willing to switch my position. The veterinary job may or may not call me, either way I have to work for the first place that calls. If the homecare agency calls me first I can always quit them if the veterinary clinic hires me. But first and foremost priority is working. Money is tight, my fiancé is very stressed and frustrated at my lack of financial contribution, which I cant blame him, Iv been out of work too long and he doesn't make enough money to pay for everything, it takes two in this world anymore unless you make great money. He understands im trying the best I can but its still stressful. So which place do you forsee me ending up working at? the homecare agency or the veterinary clinic? who will call me first? and will I be working within the next 7 to 10 days? I have a dream for myself, I can close my eyes and picture what I want. I do have a plan started as to how to get there, I even wrote it down. But like you said, baby steps. And the first step is to have a job, to make money. Because none of dreams will come true if I don't. I have an sr22- insurance and if I don't pay it every month I will lose my license, and my cell phone is going get shut off soon cause im on someone elses plan and my contract is up soon. But I cant afford it now cause I don't work, my fiancé struggles to pay my insurance but he comes through for me. I cant keep borrowing from my mom, I already owe her a lot of money, and she has to work hard for what she has as well. I really to save for for my own car as well, so we move out of the crappy apartment we are stuck in. and its hard to get a job in which my schedule fits around my fiances because we are both driving his truck. Like you said baby steps, first a job, then I can start saving for my dreams, and to take the national exam, that I was suppose to take last month.

• No, the first step is to believe in yourself and have the confidence that the right job is on its way to you. A psychic can tell you good things about your life but, until you believe you can accomplish such things, you will never attract what you want. A lack of trust in yourself, not in the world is at the root of your problems. You doubt you can attract money and a good job - start saying out loud as many times a day as you can - "I am the sort of employee anyone would want. I am rich in so many ways." (Or any affirmations you want to use). It only takes a month (or less depending on how strong your belief is) of repeating positive affirmations for them to bear fruit.

• I feel very confident in my abilities, Im a very smart, dependable and hard worker. Most stores/places have online applications, then they send you an email saying they will contact you if they are interested. I have learned that with online applications there are hundreds that get submitted. and they go through a computer program to eliminate many. Because im trying to finish up with school my availability is limited to 8am-5pm Monday thru Friday. I was emailing someone who is a recruiter and they said some programs will toss out the applications that say no to weekends and evenings! and they they hire those who offer the most flexible availability. so there is a chance my applications are not even making into the hiring managers inbox. So how do I show my confidence and what I have to offer if I don't even get to speak or see a living human being in my job search? I ask to apply in person and they say I have to apply online. I have submitted over 279 applications in the last 5 months, nothing. I tried to apply at these department stores, retail stores, level entry jobs before and the same thing happened, I never got a call or email not even acknowlgement that they got my application. And I call all of them asking for feedback to avail. This homecare agency is ok with my availability. but I don't know what taking so long. that's what I would like a reading on, when are they going to call? whats taking so long? I really want this job, its going really well, good benefits, and doing something I love, I really need and want this job. Its already been 5months, I don't have another month, if I don't get job quickly I am about to lose everything.

• Update: hello its vettech. well I kinda got some answers, I called the background check company itself and they said its still there being processed. she said she will remind them to try and hurry

• Yes I felt there was some delay. Now maybe you cna move forward.

And you may be confident in your abilities but I feel others don't perceive you as being confident. Perhaps reassess your interview technqiues or presentation, online or in person? Get someone knowledgable business-wise to read your applications and give advice.

• What I mean is you Scorpions can be a pretty secretive and suspicious lot. You may not reveal as much of yourself in an interview as the employer would like in order to better get to know you.

• yes it is difficult to express myself with online applications, I think they are poorly designed. out of the hundreds I filled not one asked me about my skills, experience! and cause its computerized you can only fill in the the info that is formatted on the screen. such as my name, contact info, social security info, availability and email. and they have you take a multiple choice test, which I always pass those. no where in the online applications do you have an option to sell yourself in any regard. just your work history, contact info, etc.. these are generic statistics that all applicants have, it doesn't make you stand out in any way. and you never get to communicate with a living human being. As far as interviews go, Im batting 100! Every interview I have ever attended as always ended with me getting the job and the hiring managers admitted to me that they were impressed with me, my attitude, and experience. As with this agency that has hired me, she asked me to tell her about myself and my experience and skills, and halfway through she had to stop me, and said "ok, I heard enough, you sound perfect for this company 🙂 Im just had so much trouble with these minimum wage jobs were there are hundreds of online applications, and I was told by someone in the field that there biggest concern is that you are available to work evenings, holidays, weekends and whenever they need you. These are the places where teenagers, young people work who have little to no work experience. my 19 old nephew in law was hired at Walmart easily, he said he was available anytime. I applied there as well with no luck. I was told that they have computer systems that do delete applications based on the yes or no question of working weekends, evenings. I think that it is wrong and unfair but I guess with this economy and the nature of minimum wage jobs that's just how it is. that's why im grateful to have experience in home care, I can make my own schedule. I tell them what hours and days im available and they will let me know when they have a client that is a match for me. The only downside to this field is when/if there isn't any clients that fit my time, distance requirements. Iv have gone periods of time with no work, which really hurts. If desperate enough I have agreed to clients 40 min drive away but if its only a 4 hour shift, then it makes it hardly worth it, considering gas and all that. This agency says they have plenty of clients within my area and I shouldn't have an issue. but all agencies say that. So only time will tell with this company. In my 8 years doing this, iv been blessed, ill get a client that loves me, keeps me, and they were daily and lasted for over a year until something happens, such as going into nursing home, passing away, etc. I have had clients become so close to me and their family they I was treated like a family member. I even had a clients daughter help me with care repairs, wrote me checks for my birthday, and holidays!

• Have you considered offering your care services privately by taking out an ad in relevant newspapers or magazines or advertising yourself online? Or asking former clients or their families to refer you or pass your name around? Rather than waiting on an agency, maybe you could build your own client base and run your own care business.

• Hello sorry it took me awhile to respond. well the good news is that my background check came in. I started on Friday. but no consistent clients as of yet. just one on Tuesdays. and she is in hospital now so im not working tomorrow. so far the only day II have this week is thurdsay where its 3 hours in nearby suburb and 3 hours somewhere that's 13miles away. my fiances semi truck is broken down so he hasn't worked yet this week and we don't know when it will be fixed. Its just discouraging that no matter what we do we just cant win when it comes to us working consistently. we are hoping its gets better soon, my fiancé is struggling to keeps his bearings. Everytime we get caught up so else goes wrong with work and we end back were we started or worse off.