Reading, Please?

• Hi,

I was wondering if someone could do a reading on this situation. Last year, it seemed like I was a shoo in for a job at a local theatre.Then, I got a call later on saying that the position had been eliminated. I don't think that was true. I was contacted about a volunteer position awhile ago and I said I was interested in helping out. I was supposed to be helping out with a play. I didn't hear anything and assumed that the production had been cancelled. It wasn't. Is something going on here? I'm wondering if there is because the theatre community in my area is small and I've recently had trouble with one of the bigwigs in the local business. If it is that, what should I do?

• I drew a card for you regarding your situation from my Wisdom pack.

Your card is -

This situation calls for a high level of support, loyalty or devotion to a relationship, situation, goal, or project. You must either commit 100% or take a long ‘pause for thought’ if you are unsure of what you want to achieve. There is no in-between. Being a supportive person is one of the quickest ways to strengthen your relationships with others and build mutual respect. Start your day expecting nothing from the people or situations in your life. This way you are completely open to being pleasantly surprised, rather than disappointed. If you are being nice to family, friends, colleagues, or your partner just so they will be nice to you, you are doing it for all the wrong reasons. There are many different ways you can show your love and support for others in the different types of relationships: physical comfort and emotional support (listening and empathizing, holding their hand, kissing, giving them a hug, love-making); esteem support (expressing confidence in them, and providing encouragement, praise and appreciation); informational support (giving advice, gathering information); and tangible support (taking on responsibilities so others can deal with a problem, or helping to brainstorm solutions to a problem). Don’t be fooled into thinking that people automatically will know what you need when it‘s your time to be supported, either. That sort of thinking is guaranteed to lead to unhappiness. Nobody should have to be a mind reader - dialogue and communication are key in any relationship or project. Simply knowing that others can count on you to be there for them in their time of need will elevate your relationships to a new level of success and stability. Create common goals and work towards them together. Don’t be so competitive that you push your will on others just so that you win. If the issue or choice doesn’t matter to you as much as it matters to someone else, bend their way. But through all this devotion and loyalty, make sure that you don’t take support to an unhealthy extreme and turn yourself into a doormat. If others don’t recognize how supportive you are and return the effort, then there are other issues at hand. The idea behind becoming the most supportive person you can be is that everyone benefits, and in doing so, your relationships move up to a new level of respect and understanding.

• I should add, the name of the card is The Card of Support, Devotion, and Dedication.

• Thanks for the reading, Captain! I do have a follow up question: why does it seem like others question how supportive I am? It seems to be an underlying issue for me.

• We get back what we give out - do you give enough support to others? How might you come across as unsupportive to other people, do you think? Could you appear too self-obsessed or difficult to others?

• It may be that I just don't appear to be supportive. I let others judgments get to me sometimes. It could also be that others need to be shown support in a different way.