Would love a reading please
I would love a tarot reading. Im a college student about to graduate from veterinary technology program. I finished my internship but just have to finish volunteer hours so I can be graduate and take the national exam to be registered tech. But right now I need to work badly, money is super tight and my fiancé needs my help. I am in homecare but my company doesn't have any clients for me. I lost my regular client when I had to stop working to do my internship. anyway I applying on these online sites for department stores and such and I never hear feedback from any of them. I have experience in management in food industry so I have skills that can apply and have steady/strong work history. None of these stores do in person applications anymore. Its so frustrating since my applications may not even get reviewed at all with so many applicants. To top I got $200 traffic ticket last week! Nonething seems to be going right. I have even tried everything veterinary clinic with 35 miles for vet assistant jobs but nothing. especially since they are doing away with vet assistants and replacing them with techs. I would like to know if/when will I get a job, and if so where will it likely be at? doing what?
I pulled a card for you from my Wisdom and Advice pack.
Your card is -
THE CARD OF THE LAW OF "DHARMA" OR PURPOSE IN LIFE
Everyone has a purpose in life…a unique gift or special talent to give to others. And when you blend this unique talent with service to others, you experience the ecstasy and exultation of your own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals. The Law of Dharma says that you have taken manifestation in physical form to fulfil a purpose. You must focus on asking yourself how you can best serve humanity, and what your unique talents are.
There are three components to the Law of Dharma -
The first component says that each of us is here to discover our true Self, to find out on our own that our true Self is spiritual, that essentially we are spiritual beings that have taken manifestation in physical form.
The second component of the Law of Dharma is to express your unique talents. This means that there’s one thing you can do, and one way of doing it, that is better than anyone else on this entire planet. Find it!
The third component of the Law of Dharma is service to humanity - to serve your fellow human beings and to ask yourself the questions, “How can I help all those that I come into contact with?” The question, “What’s in it for me?” is the internal dialogue of the ego. Asking “How can I help?” is the internal dialogue of the spirit.
If you want to make the maximum use of the Law of Dharma, then you have to make several commitments -
The first commitment is: I am going to seek my higher self, which is beyond my ego, through spiritual practice.
The second commitment is: I am going to discover my unique talents, and finding my unique talents, I am going to enjoy myself, because the process of enjoyment occurs when I go into timeless awareness. That’s when I am in a state of bliss.
The third commitment is: I am going to ask myself how I am best suited to serve humanity. I am going to answer that question and then put it into practice.
If you want to discover your true purpose in life or your mission statement, you must first empty your mind of all the false purposes, social pressures, or 'what I SHOULD be doing's you’ve been taught (including the idea that you may have no purpose at all). Then try this method -
1. Take out a blank sheet of paper or open up a computer word processor where you can type.
2. Write at the top, “What is my true purpose in life?”
3. Write an answer (any answer) that pops into your head. It doesn’t have to be a complete sentence. A short phrase is fine.
4. Repeat step 3 (it may take 15-20 minutes) until you write the answer that makes you cry or makes your heart thump. This is your purpose in life, what you came here to do.
Or else you could try method two -
1. Make three separate lists - ‘My Passions‘, ‘My Actions’, and ‘My Genius’.
2. The ‘My Passions’ list is to be filled with all the things you do for fun, or that you really enjoy. Include in the list the parts of your job that you really like, the things you volunteer for, sports, the arts, reading, etc. Imagine you're a billionaire with no worries about money, how would you choose to spend your time? Add those things to the list, even if you don't do them now. This list is of your passions - the things that you love to do, or would do simply for the pleasure they bring you.
3. Next write down a second list of the names of people that you admire, and why you admire them. For example, you might admire Patch Adams for choosing to step out of the traditional role of medicine and creating new ways of healing and connecting with his patients while also having fun. You might admire the band Green Day for living out loud and on purpose, creating the music that they love and speaking their minds. You might admire Oprah Winfrey for choosing to reveal her truth, at a time when concealing is the norm. Or you might admire your partner for having the courage to ask for a raise or promotion, or your neighbour for her tireless work for abandoned animals, etc. Name as many people as you can think of. When you're done, look at the list and know that what you appreciate about others is also in you. You are attracted to these qualities because they speak to you, and they speak to you because they are a part of your lifepath. If this was your list, stepping out of the box, telling the truth, and living out loud would be action steps that would take you toward your purpose. Adopt these admirations of others as a way for you to show up in the world. These are your actions.
4. Make a third list of the things you do naturally without even thinking about it. (You may want to ask others for feedback, as it's common for them to see talents in us that we don't see ourselves) Such natural talents may be - an eye for detail, a great sense of humour, a nurturing side, the ability to focus intently, or being playful, etc. (Consider also the things you've done that have gotten you into trouble - oftentimes if you turn them around and look at the positive aspects of it, you'll find a gem of a natural talent that you previously hadn't appreciated) These are your genius. Genius comes easily and profoundly, without needing to expend a lot of energy. Some people are geniuses at math or music; but there are lots of other types of genius as well. There are genius mothers, genius teachers, genius listeners, and genius independent thinkers. We are meant to use our genius in service of our Life Purpose.
5. Look at your Passions, Actions, and Genius lists, and spend 10 minutes each morning doing something from one of the lists. Draw, sing, dance, tell the truth about something you've been concealing, organize a drawer, thank someone you've been appreciating silently, take a risk and apply for that dream job, etc. Notice how you feel. By definition, if you're living your life purpose, you'll feel exhilarated, excited, happy, and alive. If you're not feeling these things, go back to your lists, and see if there's anything you forgot to write down, or do the one you've been avoiding because it's so scary. Feel your fear and do it anyway! It's normal and natural to feel scared when stepping into your life purpose. Fear is really just excitement without the breath. So, keep breathing, and take the next step. If it's worth doing, you're probably going to feel a little scared doing it. Just think of the fear as the energy you need to take the next step
Thank you for that exercise I enjoyed doing it. When I become a vet tech I would like to work at several types of clinics to see which type is best for me. I would fit best in a small close knit clinic where I can do the most good for animals, perhaps even shelter medicine. I will be taking the national exam before fall. In the meantime I really need to work, my homecare job hasn't called me with clients just few hours here and there. I have submitted many online applications to anywhere hiring where I could work but no responses. How long before I get steady form of income? I cant take the national exam til I have the fee to take it which isn't cheap. I have bills piling up and finances are really tight. My fiancé is working so hard to make up for it but we cant survive on one income. He has had to go with 2 badly infected teeth for months and cant get them pulled til we are caught up with money. I don't need to make a lot, even what I was making before when I had a client helped greatly, every little bit does. Will I get steady work in near future? I had a rough spot like this last summer and I went 3 months without making money and I got into rut Im still trying to dig out of.
Have you appiled for any kind of job or just the type of work you usually do, because you may need a temporary job to bring in some money to get you on your feet again.
And what was the result of the exercise?
The exercise proved what i knew in my heart . i want to work in the veterinary field helping animals who really need it. And yes you are correct I need to find a temporary job in the meantime. and my question when will I find a job? iv been submitting online many online applications to no avail. and i applied to a homecare company which is what im doing now. but its hard for them to find clients in my area and to fit my availability. Money is really tight now, my fiance is struggling cause he is truck driver and trucks keep breaking down costing him to lose money. we have been stuck living in the bad side of city and we are country people. I like to know when things are going to get better? we are doing our best, working hard but waiting for our break. Is it due soon?
Have you thought about working from home, perhaps selling things you make at a market etc? There is information online about selling things on eBay and other home-based work. I feel July - August will be the turn-around time for your situation.
well I did apply for another home care company they said they would be calling me either today or Monday morning. Do you think they will hire me? if so will this company offer better working opportunities then my current agency. will I make more money with them or the same? Thank you so much
I feel the offer if you get it will be pretty much the same as the current agency's conditions.