Recognizing soul mates?

• I have spent my evening reading about soul mates. I agree that there are spiritual connections to souls that we meet in our lifetime. I have experienced this with any friends and family over my lifetime. Currently I have my bff with whom I was friends in high school. We lost touch for many years but have been in touch again over the past year or so. It's seems crazy because we have experienced many of the same things in our lifetimes. I am a year older than her, and many ties a year ahead of her in those experiences. We are psychically connected, like picking up the phone when she texts me, before the phone rings. I consider us to be more like twin souls.

More recently I have recognized an indescribable connection with a man. I used to think my ex was my soul mate because of the euphoric whirlwind infatuation we had in the beginning. But after 20 years we could not make things work. About 3 years ago, I met this other man. We saw each other a few times, but it got too complicated so we had to stop. I have never forgotten him or the incredible connection we had. Many things have happened in the past 3 years. Last week we connected again... and the force was so incredible and over powering... It really put me in a tale spin... It has taken me a couple days to figure it out. I truly believe he is my ultimate soul mate. There are things in our lives that may keep us from having a lasting relationship, but I truly believe there is something to this amazing force that I feel with him. It surpasses any thing that I have ever felt wit anyone before. I just wanted to get other people's perspective on soul mates, perhaps share experiences.

• Soul mates are not the perfect union of fairy tales. People confuse attraction and compulsion with destiny to meet the perfect mate. Relationships are often karmic but that does not always mean for life. Before we are born we often make a soul pact with other souls to come into our next life to help us reach our goals. Sometimes these are not lasting unions. Or even happy unions. BUT they encourage us to learn a lesson that helps us heal and grow. A committed union or marriage is WORK. Women receive too many social ideas that would have us believe that the right partner equals happiness. Or that if a man really loves you all kinds of magic should happen. Life is just more complicated than that! Also, if we do end a long term relationship--chances are high that we must do some healing and find the lesson before moving into a new relationship or we will just keep finding ourselves facing the same challenge. Is this strong attraction married? I pick up something about one of you is UNAVAILABLE. The key to success is a balance between heaven and earth. Their are connections made in heaven but also earth. Our earthly attractions and compulsions can be about our childhoods or our biology. Biology and pathology is a strong factor. Woman who do not know their wounds will often confuse intense attraction with spiritual chemistry. If your father or mother abandoned you emotionally you may find yourself intensely attracted to partners who are also ambivalent about intimacy and if you mate you may have a rough time but can heal that wound then move on to another mate who will work out better. Some attractions are in the planets ----you may meet someone you have a astrological psychic connection or spark with that may not be totally compatible otherwise. A strong attraction is not just soul mate---it can be for other reasons. BLESSINGS!

• Thanks for your response Blmoon. I completely agree with your explanation of soul mates. I am not saying that I am supposed to share this lifetime with this person. There are too any obstacles that might prevent us from working as a couple. I understand the differences between attraction, compulsion and addiction, I spent many months researching these things after my marriage ended. I met this man during the time that my marriage was ending. He was married at the time, but his marriage was in a bad place. I ended things after seeing him a few times because of his marriage. His marriage has since ended as well. I am further along in the healing process, and I have taken the time to study and learn my own patterns and influences from this lifetime as well as biological and pathological influences. I have also had a fair amount of experiences with men... and the different connections that I have made. I had put this man in the back of my mind as a distant and cherished memory. Seeing him again was mind blowing for both of us. He told me that he loved me this last time we met, and it sent me into a tail spin. There are things about him that would make me insecure in a relationship, so I am not readily committing to anything with him. I know we play a special role in each others lives, and I am taking that one step at a time. I just wanted some perspective in seeing this connection as a soul mate. It s the only explanation that makes sense to me.

I will explore more about the attraction in the planets. This resonates with me because I just discovered that he has the same birthday as the last guy that I was seeing with a 2 year difference in age. The connection was not the same... but perhaps some of the attraction can be explained by this.

Thanks for all your feedback. I appreciate anything more you might have to offer. Blessings!

• I too believe strongly that I met my soul mate, my twin soul even. And like your own It was far from the idea situation. We had four months together before he died tragically and unexpectedly. I have long since been on a quest to better understand what this was and why this happened. I was raised since birth as an Evangelical Christian. I grew to become very ecumenical in my search for what my soul understood to be truth which ultimately led me away from the traditional and conservative values of Christianity. I do believe in the ultimate sense of a higher power and I have no problem referring to that Universal Energy as "God." However, in this forum where we share experiences both mystical and ethereal, we know there is more than blind faith, there is truth. Here is what I believe; I believe in reincarnation, I believe we travel in soul circles and I believe we are evolving souls. I also believe that because we are evolving souls who are bonded to the souls of others we continue by choice to encounter those souls through out our own souls journey. I believe we do regardless of the "KNOWING" of pain it might cause us in our quest. I do not pretend to have any answers, but I know one thing when I met my Michael I knew that I always knew him and I would always have him. I knew the very second he died, I vomited violently and I wasn't ill and had no reason to vomit. I felt him leave not only his own body but mine also. This was nearly three hours before I was contacted about his death. If this man is your soul mate you will know there will be no doubt in your mind. You may not be able to share your life with him but MissyMill enjoy every minute and take nothing for granted.

• Thank you misslioness. I have followed a similar path in my own beliefs, We are of the same mind here. Thank you for sharing your experience. I do believe we are in each other's lives for a special purpose. When I met him, I was in a bad place, and he helped give me confidence. I find myself needing that again, and I feel empowered knowing he can be in my life, even if it is not as a life partner. I do believe without doubt that he is a soul mate. There is just no other explanation for this power between us. And you are right, I need to enjoy every minute that I can spend with hi.

• Thank you misslioness. I have followed a similar path in my own beliefs, We are of the same mind here. Thank you for sharing your experience. I do believe we are in each other's lives for a special purpose. When I met him, I was in a bad place, and he helped give me confidence. I find myself needing that again, and I feel empowered knowing he can be in my life, even if it is not as a life partner. I do believe without doubt that he is a soul mate. There is just no other explanation for this power between us. And you are right, I need to enjoy every minute that I can spend with hi.