Captain would you grace me with a reading?

• To the Captain, hello and blessings to you this New Year. Is there any possibility you could give me a reading? I see that you are often bombarded with requests, and I am sure you stay busy. I am unsure of the protocol for asking but if you could find it in your heart may I too have a reading? Thank you for your time and consideration either way.

• Can I have your full birthdate? My email is captainsherry at iprimus dot com if you want to send it to me in private.

• I did send an email with a few more details to your email address, but I do not mind sharing my birthdate here. 7/24/1969. Let me know if you do not receive my email.

Thank you ever so much,

• ML, I haven't received your email yet but I will proceed with the reading anyway.

You are a most original and exciting individual who has an invigorating presence that surprises and shocks everyone you meet, and your charisma is so intense that others find themselves irresistibly drawn in. You are exciting and adventurous, and others tend to cluster around you in the hope of understanding you better and perhaps catching some of your magic and energy. Sometimes you may express the dangerous side of your personality by taking up an extreme sport, dating someone wholly inappropriate, or accepting a job that involves a huge amount of retraining or risk to your professional status. You are able to do this because you are often more concerned with the thrill of taking on a new challenge than you are with the consequences of your actions, though sometimes you may feel uncomfortable with your own wild nature. You are here to have an amazing time and that is what matters most to you.

Although you may give the impression of being fearless, what you fear most of all is routine, the mundane, and not moving forward with your life. You need to learn that some of the greatest adventures lie within, and that getting to know yourself better will be an endless source of excitement and discovery. After the age of thirty, there may have been a turning point in your life when opportunities were presented for you to draw more pleasure from being of service and doing your job well. Hopefully you took advantage of these opportunities because your real source of fulfillment is to motivate and help others.

Whatever you choose to devote your dynamic creativity to, you will always find yourself attracted to the far out and the unusual. Whether you realize it or not, your actions are often designed to attract the admiration or attention of others. Once you discover that others will notice and admire you just as much, if not more, when you demonstrate your quieter, but no less effective, gifts for sensitivity and creativity, you will have the potential not just to motivate others but to truly amaze and inspire them.

Your destiny is to learn how to transcend limitations and obstacles, even if this means going beyond what ordinary concepts of time and space may deem possible. Often, the limits you must transcend exist only within your own mind. As a hard-headed realist firmly rooted in the here and now, you must learn to overcome your innate attachment to the tangible and develop a belief in the impossible, for without such a viewpoint you will never challenge your limitations. Your pragmatic orientation may prevent you from making any attempt to do so and you would be unable to still the little voice inside that tells you "It can't be done!" While part of your journey is about breaking records or going beyond what anyone else has achieved in a field of endeavour, its underlying truth is that you are called to an awakening and belief in the possibility of miracles and divine intervention. Your core lesson is to overcome negativity and depression to develop a positive outlook. Your goal is release the need to control and to transcend the limits imposed by your practical nature, using your gifts of helpfulness, common sense, and innate spirituality to succeed. Make sure you don't become overly dogmatic, rigid or narrow-minded.

In love, It won’t be easy for you to find a partner who is as compelling, unusual and adventurous as you are, but when you do, you can be a loyal, passionate and endlessly exciting partner. Settling down may be a problem however as you have such a restless nature. You are attracted to those who can teach you something but who also have a fun, youthful side to their personality.

Healthwise, you are prone to accidents because you can be so reckless and your compulsion to seek out new and unusual experiences may lead you to experiment with activities, such as drug taking or thrill-seeking, that are detrimental to your health and wellbeing. You are prone to eating binges and comfort eating when you feel bored, so it is important that your diet is as varied as possible so you don’t deprive yourself of foods you love. You should also find healthy ways to relieve your boredom: going for a walk, writing in a journal, or chatting to a friend or loved one. Because you are generally so active, regular exercise may not be as essential as it is for other people, but in the unlikely event that you do find yourself in a sedentary job or situation, exercise will be an excellent way for you to release pent-up tension. Wearing, meditating on and surrounding yourself with the colour purple will encourage you to take time out to reflect and focus on higher things.

Careerwise, you are a born entrepreneur, ML. Your creative talents are so strong that they may suit a variety of professions, with the proviso that you assume a leadership role or at least act as an independent agent. Being a good organizer, you can excel in commerce but you could do equally well in promotion, advertising, education, philosophy psychology politics, acting, and writing.

What you really want is to be right all the time and to be perfect in the sense that you - and everyone else - is following 'the plan' 100% of the time. But you want everyone to be in total, perfect alignment with 'the plan' you think is right. First you need to accept that you do not know what 'the plan' is. You must turn away from rigid physical and material planning and refocus on the larger spiritual vision. Through trusting and surrendering to the wisdom of the Higher Power, you can watch life's circumstances with the conviction that what is unfolding is indeed part of 'the plan'. Then the way becomes clear. You are filled with calm and feel in alignment with 'the plan' because the spiritual vision is the energy of perfection you are seeking. At times you have slipped into an enlightened state - a state of total connection with the universe. Your life purpose is to nurture that state and make it part of your daily experience.

Your Achilles' Heel is your compulsive need for order. ("My survival depends on everything being in order according to my view of how life ought to be and how others ought to behave.") It can lead to an unending search for perfection that is a bottomless pit. Life and other people are never in a static state of perfect order long enough for you to feel secure, and your expectations can lead to continual tension and anxiety. You postpone trust and joy by not letting go of control. Accept that the Universe's plan is better than yours and that things are unfolding properly, regardless of how it seems. The only place you can create perfect order is within yourself by surrendering to the Higher Power and trusting that everything is indeed in order.

Your greatest challenge in this life is feeling happy on your own. The way forward for you is to celebrate your aloneness. The idea of aloneness carries with it a wonderful quality of freedom, as you’re free from what other people might think. Your lifepath is to recognize the impact that your actions may have on others. Once you have learned to think through the consequences of your actions, your destiny is to admire, lead, motivate, and inspire others.

Power Thought: “Nurturing inner peace positively affects my life and the lives of others”

2014 for you is the final year of a long cycle. You have learned a lot along the way, so take stock of all of your lessons because you will be passing this wisdom to others. You might find that others are drawn to you for advice or teaching this year. Trust that you have what it takes to guide them. You might be reflecting quite a bit on the past now, but this is only so you learn from it and move on. Make sure you are not holding on to the past. Let go of who and what no longer serves you. Finish up any loose ends and unfinished business in your life as you prepare for a new cycle in 2015. Forgive anyone who needs forgiving and that includes yourself. You might require more alone time this year, so you can connect with your intuition. There is nothing wrong with this. Value this time with yourself; there will be more excitement next year. This is a period for reflection, but it is also a time for recognition of everything you have done and achieved, so make sure you are taking stock of everything good in your life, and it will come back to you manifold. You will be harvesting your many rewards, so enjoy your bounty. You deserve it! This is a time of endings and a year of beginning, a time to cast off old attitudes and habits and let go of things that are no longer valid for you. You may have an urge to "spring clean" both in a literal and a figurative sense. Let go of friendships, jobs, or even homes that no longer serve your greatest good. The lesson is to do so with grace and gratitude. You are getting ready for the new and cannot be burdened by the old. This is a year of force and change, and a year when decisions will have to be made. This can be an emotional and stressful year and the best way to deal with it is to practice spiritual surrender. There will be a wide variety of experiences and opportunities. If you have done the work of ridding your life of what needs to be gone, the last three months of 2014 should especially bring you a sense of freedom, enjoyment, and awakening.

Good luck!

• Oh my where do I even start. This reading coincides with my life in an enigmatic sort of way. I have a true appreciation for this reading and I will take the information to heart as I work to incorporate the guidance for which it was intended. Grateful seems to humble a word, Thank you Captain.