Are you Attracting/Repelling Good Fortune?
TheCaptain last edited by
Think about your life as a whole - love, career, prosperity, health etc. for a moment.
Now close your eyes and think of any number between one and forty-two (inclusive). You may even feel drawn to more than one number.
Refer to that number on the positve/negative list below and it will tell you something about your attitude towards and approach to life. If you feel you incline towards the negative aspect, try thinking the opposite way. For one day, work on developing the attracting quality of the pair below. If you notice yourself doing something that repels good fortune, success, opportunity and abundance, simply place a positive, attracting thought or action alongside the negative, repelling thought. Change yourself change your life!
Qualities that Attract/ Repel Success and Abundance
1. Honoring your worth and time/ Not honoring your worth and time.
2. Giving and receiving freely/ Not giving or being open to receive.
3. Opening your heart/ Closing your heart.
4. Expecting the best to happen/ Worrying that the worst will happen.
5. Coming from your heart/ Getting into power struggles.
6. Doing your best/ Cutting corners.
7. Wanting everyone to succeed, cooperating/ Competing.
8. Focusing on how you can serve others/ Thinking only of what others will give you.
9. Telling yourself why you can succeed/ Telling yourself why you can't succeed.
10. Coming from your integrity/ Compromising your values and ideals.
11. Being aware and paying attention/ Operating on automatic.
12. Applauding others' success/ Feeling threatened by others' success.
13. Embracing your challenges/ Choosing safety and comfort over growth.
14. Releasing things easily/ Hanging on to things.
15. Believing it's never too late, taking action on your dreams/ Thinking it's too late, giving up.
16. Giving yourself permission to be and do what you want/ Waiting for others to give you permission.
17. Believing your path is important/ Not believing in your path.
18. Doing what you love for your livelihood/ Working only for the money.
19. Detaching, surrendering to your higher good/ Feeling needy or that you must have something.
20. Giving to other's prosperity/ Giving to other's need.
21. Doing your higher purpose activities first/ Putting off higher purpose activities until you have more time.
22. Seeing yourself as the source of your abundance/ Viewing others as the source of your abundance.
23. Believing in abundance/ Believing in scarcity.
24. Believing in yourself, self-confidence, self-love/ Worrying, fears, doubts, self-criticism.
25. Clear intent and directed will/ Vague or undefined goals.
26. Following your joy/ Forcing yourself, creating "have to's" and "should's."
27. Surrounding yourself with objects that reflect your aliveness/ Keeping objects that aren't tools to express your aliveness.
28. Expressing gratitude and thanks/ Feeling the world owes you.
29. Trusting in your ability to create abundance/ Worrying over finances.
30. Following your inner guidance/ Ignoring inner guidance.
31. Looking for a winning solution for everyone/ Not caring if the other person wins.
32. Becoming your own authority/ Not believing in your inner wisdom.
33. Measuring abundance as fulfilling your purpose and happiness/ Measuring abundance only by how much money you have.
34. Enjoying the process as much as the goal/ Doing things only for the goal.
35. Clear agreements/ Unspoken or vague expectations.
36. Thinking how far you have come/ Focusing on how far you have to go.
37. Speaking of abundance/ Talking about problems and lack.
38. Remembering past successes/ Remembering past failures.
39. Thinking in expanded, unlimited ways/ Thinking in limited ways.
40. Think of how you will create money/ Thinking of how you need money.
41. Focusing on what you love and want/ Focusing only on what you don't want.
42. Allowing yourself to have/ Feeling you don't deserve to have.
From Orin and DaBen's "Creating Money: Attracting Abundance" book, and from the "Creating Money" Audio book.
sunshine7959 last edited by
What an extensive list! I think I will save this to print later and keep for myself so that I can reference this often to see where I am at in the general scheme of things. you always have so much to tell us or to help us along. I appreciate and thank you for your love and understanding and the way you have been a beacon and a help to the many who come in here.
Have a happy holiday season, and may you have a lovely, happy, prosperous and rewarding New Year.
shadowmist last edited by
Thank you capt I like sunshine am going to print this list & then I am going to share it with a few people that need it. This is an awesome list and the numbers that struck me were 24 & 33
Blmoon last edited by
Abundance comes to me easily and freely!
Abundance is a state of mind!
I nurture the universe and it nurtures me!
Abundance for me and abundance for you!
I stay in the flow of clearing and receiving!
I am a good person!
The thought I nurture most grows!
My destiny is joy!
All I need I already have!
I am BLESSED!
I am grateful!
sunshine7959 last edited by
that is another thing I will print and save. This year has been a pretty sad but enlightening year for me. I want to start the New Year with different feelings and ideas that I leave this one. Thanks.
VoplySoply last edited by
Thank you for posting this, Captain !
TheCaptain last edited by
This is a good way to find out why you tried for something and failed. You just think of the situation - maybe it's that you missed out on a job, pay rise, opportunity, or person you wanted - and then think of a number between 1 and 42 (inclusive). One response I had from the list was that I failed to give myself permission to have the thing I wanted. It seems an odd thing that you would not allow yourself to have what you desire. But we often receive negative ideas about love or money or whatever as we grow up (when our minds are so impressionable) and carry these opinions from other people around with us as if they were ours. We need to check which beliefs about life actually come from us and which don't, so we can release the ones that don't serve us.