Depressed

• I really don't know where to start. I have just moved 1000 miles away from my daughter and my husband, for a new job. I don't know if the new job is going to pan out, I really hope so. I miss my daughter and my granddaughter. I really want them to move here. My husband should be coming here soon, I think. I am just so lonely, future is so unstable, I am getting really depressed. Can anyone see anything good coming down the pike.

• Marsc135, I was guided to pull two cards for you from my own Wisdom pack.

Your first card in connection with your new job is The Card of Trustworthiness, Dependability, and Responsibility.

In this situation, what counts is your level of maturity, diligence, and responsibility. If you can express these strengths or find them in others who will support and guide you, your circumstances will flourish. These are the qualities that the situation demands. You must speak honestly, listen intently, show respect, have a mature and confident (but not cocky) manner, and behave in a serious and disciplined way (or else seek out a person who fits this very description to mentor you). You have to be worthy of trust so a gesture of good faith may be necessary on your part. But more than expressing these qualities, you must believe deep down that you have them inside you, especially if you want to attract other people with similar qualities. You must believe in yourself. Can you confidently and honestly say you are a trustworthy, sensible, and reliable person? In what ways have you manifested these qualities? Can you develop more responsibility or diligence? In what ways might you be failing to show these qualities - where can you do better? For a successful situation to occur, you must already be exhibiting and practising these qualities in your life. That way, they will be fully and honestly evident in your character for all to see. And they will draw strong interest from others. Remind yourself of the end game to stay motivated. Think of how great you'll feel when you reach some smaller goals - maybe it's just getting out of bed with enthusiasm and looking forward to an exciting new day - and how much that will help you meet your ultimate goal of achieving a better life. Trust yourself to do the right thing and make the right choices, depend on the strengths and wisdom you know you have gained from experience, and be responsible for creating your own luck and happiness.

The second card in regard to your present feelings and situation is The Card of THE LAW OF ATTRACTION.

This situation calls for an understanding of the spiritual Law of Attraction. To better understand this Law, imagine yourself as a magnet attracting the essence of what you are thinking and feeling. You unconsciously transmit your energy out to the Universe. Some of your qualities are magnetic and others repellant. The vibration you emit is made up of your conscious and unconscious energy – the underlying law is ‘like attracts like’. Nothing happens randomly. Your underlying beliefs attract situations and people to you. Negative qualities such as depression, neediness, selfishness, desperation, hate, anger, greediness, unkindness, or thoughtlessness transmit on a low frequency. If you think negative thoughts, you will attract negative people and situations. Positive qualities such as love, happiness, kindness, delight and generosity transmit on a higher frequency energy. If you are sending out positive energy, you will attract help when you need it. The Law of Attraction works on many levels - if you have a belief that you are not deserving, you will attract people into your life who mirror that belief back to you by treating you badly; if you are feeling unloved or unlovable, you cannot attract love; if you are feeling fat, you cannot attract thin; if you are feeling poor, you cannot attract prosperity; if you are out of harmony with life, you may attract food which disagrees with you or illness; if you believe that you have to serve others, you will attract people who need to be looked after in some way; if you believe that no one could possibly understand you, you will attract people who do not understand you; if you feel you do things because you feel you ‘should’ or feel obligated, then you are in bondage and you will attract situations and people that keep you bound. If you keep drawing the same type of person or situation into your life, then you are continuing to broadcast the same message, and you can change your life by changing the message. Yet we don't always fall for someone simply because their positive qualities compliment our own, but also because their negative traits fit ours so well. Therefore, the first thing to do when entering into any relationship or situation (or improving one, for that matter) is to take a long hard look at yourself and at the history of your relationships or similar situations. What are the qualities/circumstances that you typically look for in a partner or in such a life situation? Are there certain negative qualities that always seem to show up and eventually drive you crazy? Do you have a pattern of choosing a person, a home, a job etc. with specific traits, only to end up dissatisfied with them? Do your relationships/situations always seem to go bad or fail for the same reasons? Once you recognize a pattern, you have something that you can work with. When you consciously choose to break a pattern (such as only having a relationship with someone you know or who is ‘your type’, or only seeking jobs that you have done before), you can establish a better relationship or situation with a better, although unfamiliar, outcome. By figuring out how you go about ending up with the same objectionable partner or situation, you will know what to do to break this cycle. Remember that, in any relationship or situation, you are going to face your own limitations as well as those of others. The better you know yourself, the stronger you will be in dealing with these limitations. The more you come to understand the power of the Law of Attraction, the more interest you will have in deliberately directing your thoughts - for you get what you think about, whether you want it or not. Without exception, that which you give thought to is that which you begin to invite into your experience.

I hope you find these cards helpful. 🙂

Remind yourself that it’s normal to feel apprehensive about new situations. The challenges we are presented with are also opportunities to grow. Remind yourself that others have gone through similar situations that you’re in right now and have come out successful. If they can do it, you can too. Set aside some time, especially in a new situation, for enjoyable activities. This is a great way to manage stress and spend time away from thinking about your situation.

Remember nothing we do has to be written in stone. If one situation, job or relationship does not work out, the human spirit is designed to be able to survive and move onto another opportunity. There are always more opportunities if you believe there will be.

• Thank you Captain.