One Question Readings

• Pilotguy, if you believe you can do this, you will.

• Hi TheCaptain!

Thank you so much for the reading! This has provided lots of introspection for me as well as raised some concern 😞 I will be much more self-aware as a result as I dont want to miss the boat on anything major in my life at this phase herein. Much love!

Blessings,

TT

• The Captain, I will rephrase the question. "Will my son make positive changes this summer or soon?" Thanks!

• The Captain hello again.

I am thinking about going back to school. Do you see any opportunities such as grants coming my way soon?

• Bugatigirl, the cards cannot answer yes or no. So I asked them for you what you can do to help your son make positive changes to his life and attitude.

Two cards came out for you. Your first card is -

The Card of Spontaneity, Naturalness, Depth, and Genuineness/Authenticity

This situation has manifested in order to teach you about the nature of naturalness and authenticity, and expanding your mind so that you evolve into the person you really are. Lucky people never try to be something they are not. They understand that the only way to find true fulfilment and the respect of others is to open up and allow others to know them properly. Being genuine means allowing your weaknesses and vulnerabilities to show as well as your strengths. Authentic people live in the present - it’s often too easy to live life in the future or in the past, reliving the glories and missed opportunities of years gone by or yearning for better days ahead. In either case, you fail to experience life as it happens. There’s nothing wrong with having fond memories of the past and aspirations for the future, but when they dominate your life focus, you miss the joy and richness of life as it unfolds. As you endeavour to live in a way that is true to your inner thoughts, convictions, and inclinations, you will increase the likelihood of living in the present. Natural-behaving people are free of fear - when you are in complete harmony with your internal world, there is nothing to be anxious about. You have nothing to hide, and you can freely be yourself. If you are true to yourself in every moment, confidently living out who you are, there is no fear of rejection from others, no fear of being “caught” doing something you would feel bad about, no fear of having to measure up to standards others impose on you. Authentic people need not worry about being inconsistent or duplicitous, having to act one way around some people and another way around others. There is no pretence to maintain or image to keep polished. There is no apprehension about how you respond to other people – or how they respond to you. Nothing is so liberating as simply being yourself as fully as you know how. Authentic people are not judgmental - you cannot develop authenticity unless you have unconditional positive regard for yourself. Positive regard means accepting yourself fully for who you are, appreciating your unique makeup and design, having a high degree of self-respect, and basing your sense of worth or value not on achievement or performance, but on intrinsic value established at the outset. Authentic people genuinely appreciate themselves - they are self-confident and secure, not cocky and conceited. Authentic people hunger for the truth - they are in touch with their deepest and most profound inner parts. They are being fully themselves, and this is what authenticity is all about. Authentic people are adaptable and flexible - they are not annoyed and upset by every little change that comes along. They aren’t so rigid and unbending that the inevitable twists and turns of life rock their world. They display a healthy adaptability – the kind that is free from resentment and feelings of abuse. Genuine people have a strong sense of gratitude - they know that gratitude is the very heart of contentment and happiness. Gratitude means appreciating what you have, not yearning for what you don’t have. Being thankful to God for all that you’ve been given – instead of complaining about what you’re missing – is at the core of well-being. Natural behaving people are spontaneous and love to laugh. In addition to being therapeutic for the body, laughter and light-heartedness also signify inner wholeness and tranquillity. A buoyant and jovial spirit is a by-product of authenticity. Spontaneous people are regarded as exciting, adventurous and fun. For some people it comes naturally, but spontaneity is also something you can learn. Some of the benefits of spontaneity are that it exposes you to new experiences and can breath new life into old or stale relationships. It gets you noticed, it's interesting and exciting, and may even help you overcome shyness and grow as a human being by encouraging flexibility. Plus, it's fun! Being spontaneous means seizing new opportunities when they present themselves. So allow yourself to be curious, to embrace the unknown, and above all to expect the best to happen. Step outside of your usual routine or comfort zone and take a chance on doing something different. There are opportunities to be spontaneous all around you - seize them. Yet authentic people also exhibit a high degree of dignity. They treat everyone – themselves included – with the utmost respect. Dignity involves a peaceful spirit, and a peaceful spirit is the result of one experience after another in which you are attentive to your inner world and make choices that show respect for yourself at every point along the way. Genuine people even sleep better because they are fundamentally in harmony with their world. Stress, drinking alcohol, being overweight or not getting enough exercise all usually contribute to sleep problems. Many people do not value themselves enough to make healthy living a priority. This lack of internal ‘friendship’ is being out of sync with your deepest and most central inner self. When you stay true to yourself, when you manage each moment as it comes your way, you can’t live life any better. This kind of life management prepares you for the relaxation that is required for deep and meaningful life experiences. The lessons your situation brings to you will help you open up to happiness, freedom and love.

Your second card is -

The Card of Doing the Best You Can

You are always doing the best you can, based on your current beliefs. Every single action you have ever taken thus far in your life was based on what you thought was true at the time, what you wanted to happen, and what you feared might happen. You have made profoundly logical choices that were your best effort to satisfy a legitimate desire. In a sense, you had no choice but to choose what you chose. Any person that held the exact same beliefs, fears, and desires as you, would have made the same decisions. You may not have been aware of the beliefs that fueled your choices, but they played a significant role. It isn't always easy to meet the expectations we hold ourselves to. You may find yourself in a situation such as working to a deadline, studying for a final, trying to pay the bills, and you might have difficulty retaining your sense of peace and calm. A long line at the store, slow-moving traffic, or another stressful situation can unnerve you and leave you wondering why the tranquility and spiritual equilibrium you desire is so quick to dissipate in the face of certain stressors. You may feel guilty and angry at yourself or even feel like a hypocrite for not being able to maintain control or efficiency. However, being patient with yourself will help you more in your soul's journey than frustration at your perceived lack of progress. Try not to expect perfection when following a spiritual or material path. Doing the best you can in your quest for knowledge and growth is vastly more important than striving for perfection. Simply by being aware of what you are experiencing and recognizing that your feelings are temporary, you will have begun taking the necessary steps to regaining your internal balance. Accepting that difficult situations will arise from time to time and treating your reaction to them as if they are passing events rather than a part of who you are can help you move past them. Viewing what you don’t like as a temporary state can be extremely useful at feeling at peace about it. Practicing this form of acceptance and paying attention to your reactions in order to learn from them will make it easier for you to return to your peaceful centre more quickly next time. No one can know for sure what the future will hold. You could pretend that it will be bad or pretend that it will be good. Since it’s an unknown, why not trust and believe that it will be great? Some people act as if it’s more practical or realistic to fear or pretend it will be bad. But neither unknown is more realistic. So why not imagine a future that generates feelings of hope, inspiration and excitement? Optimism or pessimism is an attitude towards the future. It’s a belief about an outcome that hasn't happened yet - you just don’t know for sure what will eventuate. Therefore, neither of them is "more right". They're simply perspectives. But you can look at the effects the different perspectives have on your attitude and behavior. Using a bit of both of them can be very useful. You can be extremely optimistic about the future AND still think about what could go wrong and take action to alleviate those possibilities. Since your experiences won't be similar to other peoples' and your behavior will be shaped by those experiences, you may never stop reacting strongly to the challenging situations you encounter. Even if you are able to do nothing more than acknowledge what you are feeling and that there is little you can do to affect your current circumstances, in time you'll alter your reaction to such circumstances. You can learn gradually to let negative thoughts come into your mind, recognize them, and then let them go. You may never reach a place of perfect peace in this lifetime, but you'll find serenity in having done your best.

• StandingTall, have you applied for any grants?

• Hi The Captain,

I would very much appreciate a reading from you. I am at a cross road at my working place and would really like to know whether I should make a drastic change at this point, or rather keep it part time and make a gradual transition to a different set of circumstances. Is there any factor i should be considering and paying attention to ? Thank you in advance...

VS

• VoplySoply, your advice card regarding your job is -

The Card of THE LAW OF PROSPERITY

This situation calls for an understanding of the spiritual Law of Prosperity. Prosperity is often misdiagnosed as financial wealth. How prosperous is the wealthiest person on earth who has a life threatening disease? Certainly he can throw all his money at keeping him alive but if it is to no avail how prosperous is/was he? How prosperous was Mother Theresa as she lived and worked amongst the poorest of the poor? How prosperous does a beggar feel when handed a $100 note? How prosperous does a billionaire feel when he wins $100 in a wager? How prosperous are the parents of a new born baby? How prosperous does a person feel when the tests show the cancer has disappeared? Prosperity is not financial wealth. Prosperity is an attitude of consciousness. Wealth consciousness or poverty consciousness does not depend on your bank balance - it depends on your gratitude, your great attitude. If you can willingly give the little that you have, knowing that, in your heart, God will provide you with all your needs, then your prosperity knows no limits because you know you are part of God/the Universe, and God knows no limits. Then you have wealth consciousness and you can know prosperity. If you believe that you do not deserve prosperity or good fortune, then you cannot expect to receive it. You draw from the Universal pool according to your consciousness. You either have a ‘poverty consciousness’ or an ‘abundance consciousness’. Huge fear underlies poverty consciousness. It makes you question your future and worry about what will happen to you. Some people use all of their available energy focusing on ‘lack’. Greed is financial indigestion. If you hoard money in a back account without letting it flow freely, you eventually tell the Universe that you do not want or need more, and eventually it will stop sending it to you. If you believe that you are unworthy, you will miss opportunities. If you hold back or don’t give out love, you will not receive it in return. If you are mean-spirited, rigid-minded and tight-fisted, you will never feel contented or happy, for poverty consciousness is an attitude. Those who are generous-hearted, open-minded, loving, and giving will always be contented and happy. Their attitude of prosperity is to use riches and love with wisdom. Let go of your fear and open yourself to receive. Expect good things to happen. The answer to your worries will then become obvious. Think, speak, act and believe as if you are prosperous and successful in your goals, and you will impress the Universe to send you what you want.

• Thank you very much, Captain. It's a very insightful reading.

• Thank you TheCaptain, that is alot to take in but i will use the advise wisely. Thanks for your willingness to help us all.

• What do I need to know about my relationship with my boyfriend and son?

• Asia, your advice card is -

The Card of The Law of Expectations

If you expect miracles, you will receive miracles. If you expect to be disappointed, you will attract disappointment. It can be challenging to expect something different than what you've already experienced. It requires a leap of faith. If you have visualized what you desire, made lists, and sent clear requests to the Universe, and still haven't manifested it - you probably aren't expecting it to happen. Energy follows intention. Keep expecting the best for yourself, and that's what you will manifest. Simply stated, the Law of Expectations tells us that whatever one expects, with confidence, becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. When one expects with confidence that good things will happen, they usually will. If, on the other hand, one expects a negative outcome to a situation, then the outcome will usually be negative. Our expectations play a key role in our own outcomes and they also have a remarkable effect on the people around us. What we expect from those around us determines our attitude toward them more than any other factor. In turn, the people around us tend to reflect our attitudes right back at us - whether the expectations and attitudes are positive or negative, good or bad. It is not until we choose to view others as they really are (i.e. human beings with valuable experiences, viewpoints and inputs) that we will be able to connect at a deeper level and achieve higher degrees of understanding and communication. In other words, it is not until our expectations of others change that we can change our own experiences with them. The obvious stands here before us – judgment. This is the downfall of many of us, when we stand in judgment of another we must be very sure that we ourselves are absolutely clean and that we are not projecting something on to the other. We need to be absolutely and brutally honest with oneself here. A wonderful clue is to monitor what is going on on the inside. If there is even the slightest hint of a reaction to a person – then there is something that you are projecting onto that person. Know then that you are placing an expectation on that person – and it will be reflected back to you. That is the law of expectations. Take a moment to think about your own expectations – of yourself and those around you. Your expectations exert a powerful influence on people and events, for good or for bad, so be extremely careful!

What You Can Do -

There are a few things that you can start doing immediately that will help you to harness the awesome power of the Law of Expectations:

Always expect the best! Assume the very best of intentions on the part of those around you. There is no better place to start than home. Tell your spouse and children on a regular basis that you believe in them, that you think they are wonderful, that you love them and that you are proud of them.

Practice these same behaviours with your staff or co-workers. The very best managers, entrepreneurs, and salespeople are "high expectations" people. Expect the best of yourself. Focus on your unlimited potential and imagine that you can accomplish anything that you put your mind to. Imagine that your greatest moments lie ahead and that everything that has happened to you up to now has merely been a preparation for the great things that are yet to come.

There is no mystery to achieving success - it is available to all of us. One need only be aware of, understand and live in accordance with Universal Law. If you would like assistance with this, you can call upon Archangel Gabriel, the communication angel, to assist you in shaping your thoughts and expectations toward success.

• Thank you so much Captain-This seems to be an occurring lesson in my life. I just get anxious at times whether things are going well or horrible. I think I need to learn to let go and always expect the best no matter what. Lately I have been studying the law of attraction-I definitely will put this into practice and keep my mind focused on positive thoughts. Thank you so much Captain!

• What can I do for my 5 year old brother who seems to be dealing with so much while Im away?

• Asia118X, your advice card is -

The Card of Non-Interference

Simply stated, this law means that one does not interfere in the spiritual affairs of others. Everyone is on their own unique path of complete understanding of truth; it is sacred and to be respected. This is an exacting law considering that every iota of an individual’s life is their own spiritual affair. If everyone adhered to the Law of Non-Interference, there would be no arguments, no subversive attempts to manipulate, no war. Everyone would focus on their own purpose and spiritual journey instead of trying to influence others. Nobody would have to devote their time to praying for others. They would trust that the other person is learning the lessons that they need for their own spiritual growth. There would be more going within to understand one’s own lessons instead of trying to teach others theirs. When you take away your own limitations and fears of what life holds for yourself, you will feel less need to save others to reassure yourself. Isn’t life eternal? Isn’t everyone innately loved? Isn't everyone watched over by God and their own guides and the Angels? If you really adhere to these beliefs, then the only other factor to consider is your own compassion and empathy to lend your experiences to someone who asks. And that is the key: one who asks. If you are trying to help someone who hasn’t asked on some level, then it becomes a subtle form of coercion. Even sending healing to other people is a form of compassionate interfering in their life. It relieves them of their burden so that they can centre themselves and gain some balance. It is always a moral judgment for when you can assist. You cannot help everyone. That would be exhausting and useless. How do you decide who to help? If someone approaches you for assistance, and you are in touch with your intuition, them you will get a sense about it. Always be 'listening' to what you am supposed to do. Always be tuned into the greater flow of life to know what is best for you and the other person. To be empowered and present is to always be mindful of when the ego tries to go on automatic pilot. It is a constant vigil. You never need to pray for anyone. To do so implies that you want to interfere with their contract with Life and that you don't trust their heavenly helpers to do the very best for them. It implies you want to be the hero, the saviour, in their situation - that is ego. Instead, send your loved one waves of Love with the intent that they recognize the blessings that they are being inundated with and come to understand the less behind their situation. Even a child understands on a deeper subconscious level of instinct, although it doesn't hurt to give them a hug or send them a letter reminding tham that you love them. Maybe send them a present that reminds them of you or helps them to be strong. If you get the urge to share an insight from experience, offer it and if the other person contradicts the advice, then they have decided that they know best and you can withdraw. If they are receptive, then you can offer them more insight. Their 'nudge' in that moment is that there is something of truth being offered, or not. The more receptive they are, the more of your experience you can share with them. And the world goes round either way. Awareness is just a matter of surrendering. Awareness is being so exhausted by the ego’s attempts to be omnipotent that it relents enough to allow a little more truth in. Pain and suffering are wonderful motivators for gaining wisdom and strength. Would you be the person you are now (experienced and aware rather than naive and ignorant) or be where you are now (surviving) if you hadn't endured hard life lessons? If you try to help remove or alleviate someone’s pain and they haven’t quite realized its spiritual purpose, it can be harmful to their growth. This is when you need to take a step back and remember the Spiritual Law of Non-Interference. And don't worry - everyone on this Earth has the opportunity for angelic protection and spiritual growth. All is well.

• Wow thank you Captain! Very insightful. Helped me gain a new perspective on myself. Im always helpful and trying to show someone the way. Through reading this Ive realized that I shouldnt interefere unless asked and trust the Universe. Everyone is on their on path and I must respect that. This was pretty cool! I love learning more things about the Universe!

• Hello, theCaptain.

May i ask you please two questions?

What do i need to know about the way i teach (or about communication between me and them)

And what do i need to know about S. (man) - i mean how to deal with him?

• Marishkaa, your advice card for your first question is -

The Card of The Law of Conscious Detachment

You are being urged to explore the Law of Conscious Detachment, to step back and assess your situation without emotion, without attachment. In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty…in the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from your past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. And in your willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, you surrender yourself to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe. To be consciously detached from the outcome of a result or a relationship means that you have learnt to trust. When you know that Spirit will give you what you need - not necessarily what you want (that's Ego's job) - then you will learn to do the work that is required to be done and move on. The results will take care of themselves. Whatever the outcome, that will be dealt with at the appropriate time. If you stand in the way of the energy creating the outcome or result through your lack of trust, insecurity and fearfulness, you put a barrier in the way of blocking the efficiency of that flow of energy. By learning to trust, you live in the wisdom of insecurity and uncertainty where there are unlimited opportunities being created in the present moment of now. Be detached - let go and let God - and expect a miracle.

You can put the Law of Conscious Detachment into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:

1. Today I will commit myself to conscious detachment. I will allow myself and those around me the freedom to be as they are, not who I want them to be. I will not rigidly impose my idea of how things should be. I will not force solutions on problems, thereby creating new problems. I will participate in everything with detached involvement.

2. Today I will factor in uncertainty as an essential ingredient of my experience. In my willingness to accept uncertainty, solutions will spontaneously emerge out of the problem, out of the confusion, disorder, and chaos. The more uncertain things seem to be, the more secure I will feel, because uncertainty is the path to freedom. Through the wisdom of uncertainty, I will find my security.

3. I will step into the field of all possibilities and anticipate the excitement that can occur when I remain open to an infinity of choices. When I step into the field of all possibilities, I will experience all the fun, adventure, magic, and mystery of life.

The advice card for your second question is -

The Card of The Law of Paradoxical Intent

If you want something so intently that you focus on it with a sense of fear or desperation, you will magnetize more fearful energy to you. Spending all your time focusing, visualizing, making lists, and wanting or fearing something so badly sends a message loud and clear to the Universe you are either not trusting it will come to you or fearful that it will. You will create more tension in your body and energy, therefore pinching yourself off from prosperity. If you truly want to magnetize what you desire, send a crystal clear intention to the Universe about what you would like, and allow the Universe to work its magic as you detach from the outcome. The Law of Paradoxical Intent reflects the Law of Magnetism in warning that you'll only get a return of your own negative energy if that is what you send out. If you're desperate to make something happen, that repulsive vibration will push it away, turning away the very people and situations that might bring your desired outcome. Your desperation, therefore, creates the paradox - or the opposite - of your original intention, leading you to failure instead of success. The Universe wants you to achieve all that you desire, and when you align yourself with the Laws of Success, it will do everything in its power to help you on your way - but desperation and urgency are deal breakers. This isn't because the Universe wants to prolong your yearning or your fear. In fact, just the opposite is true: It wants you to enjoy your life and engage in a different, higher vibration now - and stop waiting for some vague happiness to come in the distant future. The best energy happens when you let go of urgency and engage in trust, when you rid yourself of despair and choose peace in the present instead. You simply can't be happy when you're living in dissatisfaction. When you're obsessed with what you don't have, you draw even more lack; you forego present contentment by setting up a list of goals that you have to have in order to be happy in the future. In fact, until you have those things, you feel a nagging sense of unhappiness. You feel as though something's missing, and you can't relax until you fill that void. Instead of enjoying your life and valuing what you have, you spend your time longing for more and constantly striving to get it or else fearing every situation or person. This is a very serious mistake where the laws of energy and consciousness are concerned. When you give away today's happiness to embrace misery about tomorrow's uncertainty, you shut down your willingness to receive. You shift from a mentality of appreciation to a consciousness of lack and need - and when you make that choice, you lose your power to succeed. This is true for all types of relationships and experiences, but it is especially true for romance. Love is a river of vibrations that moves through the Universe and through every heart in it. In fact, there are nearly 80 million singles in America alone, all of them hoping to connect in some way or another. This is no light matter. What happens when you filter everything you have through wanting something else? You set yourself up for failure by projecting a very unattractive energy of misery. Your need for something else to make you happy will always cause you to perceive your present situation as just not good enough. Think about the feelings that come from obsessing about what's wrong with your life. Despair, grief, and longing are highly charged emotions, and they attract very difficult results. This abrasive energy is what sabotages your success. It's an irresistible force, and there's no way to get around the power of this law. If you pump out a broadcast of despair, your efforts will only draw back desperate situations and deeper feelings of hopelessness. The inescapable truth is that all of your feelings are charged with positive or negative vibrations. The uplifting ones create flow and wonderful results, while unhappiness creates blockage and problematic results. But you can change your emotions (and your resonance) by switching what you think and what you focus on. You must let go of urgency and engage in thoughts of trust in order to open the doors of magnetic attraction. Shift your concentration from what you lack to all that you have to appreciate in order to create a consciousness of success. Obsessing about what's missing in your life actually causes you to channel your energy into missing more! And if you're always complaining about what you don't have or what you fear, it will only create more to whine about. You need to put your passion into experiencing how you want to feel right now so you can magnetize more of that sensation in the future. This is called vibrational entrainment, and it’s a must for being in harmony with this law. Think about the appreciation that you’ll have at the fruition of your goals, and choose to feel that gratitude for what you have in your life right now. You can call upon heaven's healing angel Archangel Raphael, to surround you with his energy of love, so you can release your fears and easily accept the abundance that is yours.

• Thank you, TheCaptain.

I understood the first card, i think it reflects the situation, i don't have trust.

And i am not sure i understand the 2 card. i am really a little bit obsessed with this person and want more with him (but we are not in a relationship). However i don't think that he is sincere, think that he pursues his own goals. So does the card mean that i am probably wrong when i think that he is not good, when i think negatively of him?

• Marishkaa, your second question was "what do I need to know about or how do I deal with S?"

Your answer said "If you want something so intently that you focus on it with a sense of fear or desperation, you will magnetize more fearful energy to you. Spending all your time focusing, visualizing, making lists, and wanting or fearing something so badly sends a message loud and clear to the Universe you are either not trusting it will come to you or fearful that it will. You will create more tension in your body and energy, therefore pinching yourself off from prosperity. If you truly want to magnetize what you desire, send a crystal clear intention to the Universe about what you would like, and allow the Universe to work its magic as you detach from the outcome. .."

It refers to your obsession with this man.