Has anyone experienced this?

• Hello everyone! Blessings to everyone! For the past few months I have been experiencing an odd phenomenon. First, here's some background information. I moved into my own place in February. Its the first time I have lived alone (for more than a few weeks) in all my 42 years. I was divorced almost a year ago after a 2 year separation. My daughter moved out over a year ago. I lived with my mom for a year before moving out on my own again. I bought a home that I feel really safe and comfortable in. Everyone that comes in says it feels good inside.

Anyway, I have these moments when I feel weird... like I am not in the right place... like I am in someone elses body and living someone elses life. It just doesn't feel right. It seems like more of a spiritual phenomenon rather than physical or emotional. I know I am still dealing with alot of emotions, but I think its more than just realizing that my life isn't the same anymore. It feels kind of like a reversed dejavu.

So, has anyone experienced this? or does anyone have any idea what this could mean?

Thank you to anyone wo chooses to respond.

Love to all!

• Hi MissyMill, I think I felt something similar on the ocasions when I was venturing into the unknown. It might not feel like a consiquence of you dealing with changes, but it still could be that. Your subconscious mind has to adapt to a totally new life style and it might be playing tricks and creating defences in order to force you to get back into the familiar pattern. Habit is a terrible thing, really, because it can make everything else feel "wrong", no matter how good it is. It doesn't mean that it is wrong, it just means that you have to create new habits, that is to stay in this place long enough to see if it starts feeling right. Just a thought...

• Hi MissyMill, I think I felt something similar on the ocasions when I was venturing into the unknown. It might not feel like a consiquence of you dealing with changes, but it still could be that. Your subconscious mind has to adapt to a totally new life style and it might be playing tricks and creating defences in order to force you to get back into the familiar pattern. Habit is a terrible thing, really, because it can make everything else feel "wrong", no matter how good it is. It doesn't mean that it is wrong, it just means that you have to create new habits, that is to stay in this place long enough to see if it starts feeling right. Just a thought...

• Sorry, my computer is playing tricks...

• Thank you for responding! You could be right, I have been through so many changes, and my life is completely different than I expected it to be at this point. I have thought of that. The sensation is so strong, that is stops me in whatever I am doing and I take notice. It is usually a quick flash like dejavu. I did not start having these till I moved into this new home. It is just such an odd feeling. Thanks for your response, it does make sense.

• Dear MissyMill,

I too have experienced these feelings. It's as if I am living a second life in my lifetime. My first marriage broke up after 23 years of which I had three children. My two oldest have moved out, married, and had children of their own. My youngest child just completed his first year of college and is home for the summer, but will leave back to college out of town in August.

I feel as if I need to create new beginnings in my life and pursue new avenues. I also made a point of painting and creating spaces in my home that make me feel safe. Kinda of like a sanctuary . . . I've planted gardens out front and back and I have a water fountain just outside of my back door on the deck. I like to go outside in the early morning and just read or enjoy the sounds of nature.

My advice is to make this new place your sanctuary and give you and your house a little time to get to know each other.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,

Sharon62

• Yes it is an exciting but scary change MissyMill! go with it. for a long time you were the care giver now is your time My situation is similar to sharon62. and I am working on new beginnings and try to let go of the past. but sometimes the dejavu is over powering. I had several yesterday and instead of trying to block it I just sat quietly to see if the outcome was the same (not sure if I explained that right) part of it was spot on but the ending as of yet did not come. So I feel like something was left hanging in the air.

• Thank you for your response Sharon and Shadow mist. I completely agree with you both. So it sounds like I am on the right track. Sharon, it is interesting that you call your home a sanctuary. I have started to create that. My bedroom is the safest place of all. Some days I don't want to come out. Lol! Shadowmist, I am also creating new beginnings. I have been working on my BA in Psychology and will be finishing this year. I have 4 classes left after I finish my current ones in two weeks. Yay! I am also working on rebuilding the relationship with my daughter. She suffered so much from the control of her father, and I think she blamed me for some of it. and withdrew for awhile. So, now I stay out of her life, just remind he that I am here.

Probably the most difficult thing I was dealing with is falling for a man that I have spent time with the last 10 months. He is moving to another state for a job. I knew this would happen, but I fell for him anyway. I have tormented by my feelings the whole time, knowing it was not good for me, but not being able to pull away. So, I know God is taking him away so that I cab finish the work that I need to do... but it hurt so much...

Anyway, thank you both. I will pay more attention when this happens. I think it is a result of all the changes. Shadowmist, next tie this happens, I will be still and listen, as you did. If you have anymore insight into my situation, I am open to hearing it.

Love and blessings!