I don't think the "look up any card" function should cost money.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Hello Leonessa,

I'll agree with you about the 5KC charge just for a card lookup. One day I went to look a particular card up rather than look it up in one of my books and I was appalled that the site actually wanted money (or KCs) for that. In your journal entries (of the readings you did pay KCs for) you can look up for free any card that you've ever drawn. But that's inconvenient if you just want to confirm one card's meaning. One of the key strengths of computers and of the Internet is so that you can quickly and easily look up information.

Incidently, it is nice of you Ahliyah to offer assistance. I do have my own deck (a few actually) and use them regularly for advice or guidance, and it has always served me well. But I still have lots to learn. It's nice to know that someone is around that would be willing to give a 'second opinion' of a reading if one is ever in doubt.

• Hello DreamerNorth,

ask me anytime. as a visionary and a Saggie, I just looove a puzzle!

Blessings,

Ahliyah

• Hey group! We’ve got a good discussion going here. Part of the intention of the forums is to allow users to give us feedback, both positive and constructive, so we are grateful for your participation in that process.

As the moderator, I thought I'd throw in the Tarot.com perspective on this discussion … but mine is by no means the last word!

We hope that the age-old cliché of “you get what you pay for” is true in the case of online Tarot. Charging for One-Card Lookups -- or any reading for that matter -- is a core part of protecting our most valuable asset: our content. When we started on this journey of building our site, we knew we wanted to help promote and endorse authors, scholars and experts in the divination space. We didn’t want to publish content that was unattributed or half-baked. We have always wanted to give more than “fortune cookie predictions.” We are proud to say that Christine Payne-Towler, world-class Tarot scholar and author, wrote each card interpretation exclusively for Tarot.com.

Offering less-than-satisfying (or even misleading) content comes at little to no price. We don't just provide the same thing you get out of your Tarot manual: a generic description of the card, regardless of its position in the reading. You can get that free on our site in our Tarot library, just as you can on many other sites. Our One-Card Lookup tool, though, provides a specific interpretation based on the card's position (Self, Situation, Challenges, etc.) within a Celtic Cross reading. With 78 cards and 11 positions, that's over 850 individual interpretations.

Another benefit of our site is the ability to store all of your readings in your Readings and Reports Journal. We save everything, even One-Card Lookups. You can name your reading, make notes, review old readings … and that means that you can look back over your history to see patterns and watch your personal growth. Even though the journal is free, part of what you get for your Karma Coins is that ability to look back over the years and see how you've grown and changed. And it’s only going to get better. We have tons of great ideas for improving the user experience. Unfortunately, keeping up with technology isn't free.

So, we charge small fees to help fund and support the continued growth of our authors and our site features. We feel like, Karmically, it’s a fair exchange. We can't change what others are doing on the internet; we can only determine the value of our products based on the energy, expertise and care we put into our site.

Lastly, we definitely want to hear feedback on the advertising that appears on our site. It’s been a tough road for us. If we could fund the site on Karma Coins alone, we’d have no ads at all … and we resisted ads until 2006! But truth be told, there are many people who want to get their message out to you folks (our members), and they're willing to subsidize our efforts. I'll present your comments to our business team and show them a few samples of the poor-quality ads you mention. I agree that we have to hold our sponsors accountable to the "valued-added" philosophy we have regarding advertising, and we'll do our best to step up.

Please do keep that input coming!

Best,

Tarot.com Forum Admin

• Hi, Admin. Thank you for responding to our posts. We value your input, too, and hearing about Tarot.com's philosophy.

Ahliyah

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!