New neighbor...

• I have a new neighbor that is driving me crazy. She is very young, has two very young children, and has never lived in an apartment before. I am wondering if it would cause more problems to talk to her about the noises coming from her apartment that are very very loud...for example she plays video games, tv and radio at full volume and we can hear it all through our ceiling as our landlord did not insulate between the floors as well as he thinks. She burned toast or something and I just smelled it down here. My mother (who is also living with me and my children) said to give her a break at first (because she is probably bored), but now is starting to recognize the rudeness that this young lady is capable of. I have heard her cussing at her two and three year old and I don't know what to do. My mom and I have a lease until June or July and she only has a month to month lease...I just want some peace and quiet and I am wondering if you can tell me if it would do any good to talk to this woman, or if it would cause more problems, like her making more noise on purpose, since she actually told my mother that where they lived before (in a house) they could "make as much noise as we wanted to." Any insight you could give me on this would be appreciated as I am trying to figure out my last semester of school and taking care of my kids for the next few months.

Thank you in advance,

Laci

• She probably doesn't realize how loud she and her kids are. Why not knock on her door and ask her if you and your family are disturbing her, explaining that the ceiling is so thin that you were 'worried' she might be disturbed by the noise? Hopefully she would get the hint.

• I think I might if she keeps it up...she seems to have heard us as some point I think...she is being a LOT quieter tonight. 🙂 Thank you so much dear Captain. I am going to hope the good vibes continue. 🙂

Thank you again,

Laci 🙂