Advice from the Captain

• Dear Captain,

What kind of problems and opportunities do you think I should expect in 2013? This year, I seemed to really find my place in the world. I discovered what I'm passionate for and have surrounded myself with inspiring like-minded friends. It was an answer to my prayers! Now though, I want to get more grounded. I would like to turn what I'm passionate for (plants, outdoors, people and their health) into something that can support my family. I'd also like to take the next step in committing to my boyfriend... aka marriage (and a possible second child). But finances and some family conflict keeps getting in the way of that happening. I have a three year old, that he helps me care for.

Always grateful,

Nellie

My birthday is 9/15/90. My boyfriend is 9/1/90.

• In 2013, you will have to work hard for what you want, but if you display patience and determination and do not seek to cut any corners or skip any steps, you will succeed. Your thoughts and energy need to be directed towards career opportunities, business, work, and security. This is a year to build a foundation, make important connections, keep your nose to the grindstone, and save your money. Expansion in this year will be slow but positive. Try not to feel too restricted. This is an opportunity to consolidate and retrench, as your life will become very active and expansive in 2014. Build firm friendships and strive toward balance in family relationships. This is a good year to follow a routine, pay off debts, start a diet, or quit smoking. In other words, you are well advised to get your house in order in terms of relationships, body, mind, and spirit. It is possible that long awaited opportunities will come your way before the end of this year.

Unfortunately I feel you and your BF will grow further apart rather than closer to a real commitment. This is more of a parent-child relationship with you as the mother, rather than that of two equals. I feel you will tire of always playing the 'parent' with him. But there is another more mature man coming (probably around late June) who will love both you and your child.

• Yeah I anticipated the slow progress, and I can agree that it would be best to pay off my debts and get everything in order before I can appreciate anything else beyond. But if you say I can do it, than I trust you!

What you said about my boyfriend really bothers me though. Is it possible you merely see him maturing more? I definitely don't like the idea of inviting a new man into the picture. Especially when I was asking how I could commit more to the one I'm with. Maybe I am more of an opportunist, and more experienced parent.. But we trust each other, and we both work equally hard.

• I just don;t feel this is a true love match...but really a relationship is all about the two of you and what you make it.

• Dear Captain,

What do you see for my litte family in 2013.

My BD June 12 ,1959 born 12:59 am in idaho USA

Husband Bd is January 2, 1970 born at 2:30 pm Ohio USA

Daughter Bd is December 29, 2000 2:37 pm Ohio USA

Son BD October 26, 2004 1:18 pm Idaho USA

Thank you so much and have a happy new year!

• Chickennoodle, you will need to start your own thread for me to answer you. This is Prairiemuffins' thread and I don't want to get the vibes mixed up.