Requesting a reading from Captain

• Hi, Captain!

The love of my life did move on to California for a job, as you predicted. We are no longer together, and I am trying to pick up the pieces of my life. I do know he loved me, but couldn't commit.

My DOB is 5/21/51 and his was 1/7/52. I am having a really hard time, and wonder what you might see might be in store for me.

Thanks,

Barbara

• This experience has brought up fears of abandonment in you that need to be faced and dealt with. Oterwise you will just run around looking for someone - anyone - to fill the void in your life and end up lost and lonely. It's time you cleaned house, physically and emotionally, and started afresh. Get rid of anything you don't need in your life - and you will see in time that your ex was something you no longer needed - put the past behind you and look forward to the future. Old thoughts, memories, photos, your ex's left-behinds, and any emotional baggage has to go because it will drag you down. Get a makeover, buy some new clothes, join a club or go out with friends, go dancing, start a new hobby or sport, reinvent yourself and make a new you. You are at the beginning of a new life and have to make room in it for new people and new experiences. The universe doesn't like a vacuum and will promptly fill your empty house and you with the things that will best serve you.

2013 is going to be a very social and exciting year for you if you will just get yourself moving out of the gloom of a breakup. There is someone out there who will commit to you. Once you are giving off those positive vibes, you will become a literal magnet for nice people and wonderful experiences.

• Also the last guy was NOT the life of your life. People who can't commit love themselves more than they love anyone else. You deserve to find someone less self-absorbed. Now go find the REAL love of your life.

• Thanks for your kind words.

You are so right about cleaning house. I have moved to a very small place and am settling in, but have to get rid of more stuff I don't need. It really is difficult.

I know I have to make a lot of changes in my life, but I don't think I will ever give my heart to another man again.

Thank you!

• You could be closing yourself off from meeting a wonderful man.