What's Going On Here?

• Hi! I've recently run into a situation with a professor. We've had our differences in the past, but now I feel like he's badmouthing me behind my back. People that used to be nice to me or at least tolerate me act cold and distant after talking with this prof. It just seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Is there anything I can do to make this situation better? I've had times when I just felt like skipping his class because I just can't put up with this anymore. And he doesn't seem like the type I can talk to about this. (I talked to him once about something he did that bothered me, and let's just say it did not go well.) Any advice/insight on this would be helpful. Thanks!

• If people are going to be put off you simply from some malicious gossip, they are not people you want in your life anyway. True friends won't listen and will take your side. Why would you want to be around people who just tolerate you anyway? Forget the professor and just get on with your studies and your life. School won't last forever and you will always run into unpleasant people so learn to ignore them. If this man doesn't like you, think how frustrated he will be when you act happy and relaxed around him.