The Captain's Blog

• Wish you a very Happy New Year Captain!

Keep sharing your wisdom and keep smiling:)

Love and Light

• from me too Captain the best wishes for the New Year 🙂 and thank you for your guidance...

• Happy 2014 everyone! Make it your best year ever...

• DailyOM

Making Life Yours

by Madisyn Taylor

A simple shift in attitude can help us recognize the hidden potential for fulfillment in every event.

There is no secret recipe for happiness and contentment. The individuals who move through life joyously have not necessarily been blessed with lives of abundance, love, success, and prosperity. Such people have, however, been blessed with the ability to take the circumstances they've been handed and make them into something great. Our individual realities are colored by perception - delight and despair come from within rather than without. Situations we regard as fortuitous please us, while situations we judge inauspicious cause us no end of grief. Yet if we can look at all we have accomplished without dwelling on our perceived misfortune and make each new circumstance our own, the world as a whole becomes a brighter place. A simple shift in attitude can help us recognize and unearth the hidden potential for personal and outer world fulfillment in every event, every relationship, every duty, and every setback.

The universe is often an unpredictable and chaotic place, and the human tendency is to focus on the negative and assume the positive will care for itself. But life can be no more or no less than what you make of it. If you are working in a job you dislike, you can concentrate on the positive aspects of the position and approach your work with gusto. What can you do with this job that can turn it around so you do love it? When faced with the prospect of undertaking a task you fear, you can view it as an opportunity to discover what you are truly capable of doing. Similarly, unexpected events, when viewed as surprises, can add flavor to your existence. By choosing to love life no matter what crosses your path, you can create an atmosphere of jubilance that is wonderfully infectious. A change in perspective is all it takes to change your world, but you must be willing to adopt an optimistic, hopeful mind-set.

To make a conscious decision to be happy is not enough. You must learn to observe life's complexities through the eyes of a child seeing everything for the first time. You must furthermore divest yourself of preconceived notions of what is good and what is bad so that you can appreciate the rich insights concealed in each stage of your life's journey. And you must strive to discover the dual joys of wanting what you have. As you gradually shift your perspective, your existence will be imbued with happiness and contentment that will remain with you forever.

• "The tragedy of life is not death, but what we let die inside of us while we live."

Norman Cousins

• Thought for the day -

"The grass isn't greener on the other side. It's greener where YOU water it."

• HOLA! BE BACK SOON, LOVE TO YOU AND ALL!

• How are you, Poetic?

• FINE! HOW ARE YOU? All is well, Ramonita is sick needs healing prayer, maybe I'll start a post for her. I'm fine, growing in leaps and bounds. I miss all of you's!

• Have you fully recovered from your stroke? How are you really? I get the impression that you try to carry on with a smile on your face, neglecting yourself, in order to make other people feel happy.

• "No is not a rejection; it is a cosmic redirection." ~ Hollie Holden

• No I'm great, really, growing by leaps and bounds, could use some millions so I can retire! LOL! Acutally just a few, I'm better than ever, just tired. LOVE YOU! RAMONITA IS STILL SICK.

• We fall in love with someone because of how they make us feel about ourselves. Love is selfish like that. It's why we keep going back to those who once used to make us feel good in our skin, in our bodies and our faces. When someone makes us feel funny, smart, attractive, talented, desirable we innately fall in love with them. This is true of friendship as well.

Think of the first moments of lust (this applies, but less "flutteringly" to friendship) when the relationship was new and wonderful. You likely felt sexy. You likely felt valuable. Beautiful. Intelligent. Interesting. Funny. [insert good thing here] When once-great relationships turn bad, but the people keep trying to "make it work" and one keeps running back to the other, they are chasing a high not unlike chasing a coke high (for those of you who don't know, the first one or two lines of cocaine is something like bliss without compare; each line thereafter is steadily less and less until you're basically "chasing a memory" of the high; desperate to get it back).

That's love. So, if you're ever wondering why your relationship with your partner isn't where it should be: remember that when people feel good about themselves, they'll likely reciprocate it. Don't run to the gym and get in shape (okay . . . do that, but don't do just that). Don't buy flowers. Make your partner feel beautiful, valuable, virile, strong, sexy, attractive, wanted, important, intelligent, etc. (actions always speak louder than words) Make that person feel like they did when you first fell in love.

NOW, you might be chasing a dream and "that person" may have moved on, but if there's still love in your relationship and hope for a future between both of you, if you make your significant other fall in love with her/himself FIRST, then you'll get them to fall in love with you again.

The strongest way to endear yourself to someone is to express a need for their help and to make them feel needed. The greatest way to build a friendship is to accept what a person can give and demand that they give it (within reason). People need to contribute. What we contribute to our relationships tells us we're essential and that we have worth. If people won't allow you to contribute to the relationship within the range of your ability, then they are essentially (and subconsciously) saying: "You are impotent. You are worthless. You have nothing of value to me. I don't really need you."

So to recap:

Make a person fall in love with themselves and they'll fall in love with you.

Take what a person offers, at least occasionally, to tell them they have value.

Allow a person to contribute within their skills and abilities to let them know they are needed and a part of your 'family'.

Ask a person for help to reaffirm their self worth and to endear yourself to them.

Dan Holliday

• **** = sex*y.

• 🙂

• HELLO FRIEND!

• How are you, Poetic my friend?

• Vonderful, growing by leaps and bounds so, so thankful! How are you, I always think about you, had been mediating and connecting to my higher self and guides more, lot's of change. I'm glad you guys are still here. Love ya!

• THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE ON MY JOURNEY!

• Yes we are all remembering that we are powerful beautiful eternal beings.