The Captain's Blog

• I know that there are definitely things about my situation that I have control over, there are just things in the job market that aren't allowing me to control it. hehe. As I said, there are doubts that like to surface but they are usually a result of being tired....an unexpected bill...an unexpected reduction in income....but...it is what it is...and if I allow myself to get quiet and listen...the answers are usually there...maybe not when I want them...but they do eventually come.

So how is your mom doing? Has she found any new activities to keep her busy? :0)

• My mum is OK - still living in a fantasy though about her health and life.

AB, are you living an average life because you think you are an average person?

• "We learn from our past, but dwelling on it keeps us from being fully present to life in the moment."

This is so true. I recently posted this thing on Facebook. "When the past calls, let it go to voice mail. It has nothing new to say." I had to laugh but at the same time realize the truth in those words. The personal trainer I have been working with has been very good about reaffirming the moment as now...not yesterday...not tomorrow. We only have now. While it is such a great concept...as the article mentioned...life has to be taken care of but you need to find the balance. I love the stuff from the Daily Om. Thank you for posting them!

• We often labour under a misrepresentation of false modesty and humility, drilled into us by our parents and grandparents. It really holds us back. What we all are is extraordinary, and spirit wants us to live extraordinary lives and have extraordinary experiences. But first we have to get comfortable with the true belief that we are powerful, beautiful, and wise.

• AuntBuck I love that quote & wrote it down to remind myself not to let the past bog me down & to smile. I'm always on the look out for things that make me laugh & smile - I like to share them with others- I think if I can help someone smile or laugh we both gain from positive energy with in us

Blessed Be

• Spirit wants us all to live extraordinary lives and have extraordinary experiences? I can dump the middle class guilt? Forever? Wow, what would that look like?

I guess the guilt doesn't help me care about other people; it just stops me from flourishing. I care because I'm made of love, not guilt. Thanks again.

• Hello, Captain

Can you give me an advise?

I'm a sagitarius 9 dec 1962. My mother passed away (since last year), and I have to move to live in her house. That's 15 minutes away from where I live now and my work.

I can not make my decision when to move. But i'ts going to be this year. My mother always had lots of plants in the garden. My plan is to move there, to start a plant nursery business.

But I wil keep my regular job also. Or do you see me with a new regular job? I have been looking.

Do you think that's a good decision to move?

And also, do you see in the future that I'm gonna meet a new man? And when etc?

• Pinky9Dec, this thread is not for individual personal advice such as what you want - if you start your own thread in the Psychic or Astrology sections, I will answer you there. And I don't see any value in making future predictions because they change as you change. I can only help you try to improve your present situation so as to have a better future.

• Hola~!

• Trying to Please Others - Living for Ourselves

by Madisyn Taylor for Daily OM

Most of us come to a point in our lives when we question why we are doing what we are doing, and many of us come to realize that we may be living our lives in an effort to make our parents happy. This realization can dawn when we are in our 20s, our 40s, or even later, depending upon how tight a hold our family of origin has on our psyche. We may feel shocked or depressed by this information, but we can trust that it is coming to us at this time because we are ready to find out what it would mean to live our lives for ourselves, following the call of our own soul, and refusing any longer to be beholden to someone else's expectations.

One of the most common reasons we are so tied into making our parents, or others, happy, is that we were not properly mirrored when we were children. We were not honored as individuals in our own right, with a will and purpose of our own, to be determined by our own unfolding. As a result, we learned to look outside of ourselves for approval, support, and direction rather than look within. The good news is that the part of us that was not adequately nurtured is still there, inside us, like a seed that has not yet received the sunlight and moisture it needs to open and to allow its inner contents to unfurl. It is never too late to provide ourselves with what we need to awaken this inner being.

There are many ways to create a safe container for ourselves so that we can turn within and shine the light of awareness there. We may join a support group, go to therapy, or start a practice of journaling every day for half an hour. This experience of becoming is well worth the difficult work that may be required of us to get there. In whatever process we choose, we may feel worse before we feel better, but we will ultimately find out how to live our lives for ourselves and how to make ourselves happy.

• HI Captain, just winging in to say hi and let you know I rented a house in Ireland, not the dream one in the country with loads of outhouses to convert in to hostels, but it is a start and a stepping stone. Move planned to happen in 6 weeks...I am going to start a separate post I want to ask you something

xxxPaddi

• Dear Captin

I do as always welcome your advise. Can you please advise me as to my crafting, I make and try to sell cross shadowboxes. It was good in the beginning and had a few outlets to sell to, but it all seems to have dried up in the last 3 years or so. Any advise is welcome.

• VLGintx, if you want a personal reply with advice for your situation, you need to create your own separate thread in the "Psychic" section. This here is just a blog to discuss general issues.

• Terrific news, Paddi! I am so happy for you. 🙂

• SAYING HELLO! 🙂

• Amazing pic!

• dear Captain

The last message you posted from daily Om resonates with my current situation completely. there are days when I can see why this realization has come now, and then there are days when i wonder, where does selfishness end and self growth begin. There are no clear answers and all of us have to find our own, in an attempt to lead an authentic existence.

thanks

• Surayma, it's not as important to get clear answers as it is to keep asking the questions.

• There at least,ive made a beginning:)

Hope all is well at your end

Thanks

• Hope all our well, hang in there and stay grounded!