The Captain's Blog

• Spirit gives me many little thoughts and inspirations during my day so instead of starting a whole lot of new threads, I thought I'd just begin a blog where i can jot down anything new that comes to me. Of course, everyone is free to jump in and comment along the way about my 'ramblings'. 🙂

• First off, spirit wants me to invite everyone to take some ME time. Ideally it would be a week or so, but if you're just too busy for that, how about one day (a week) where you devote all your time and energy to yourself. One day where you forget the problems of your partner, family, friends and co-workers, and just think about you. You do all the things you like to do, you pamper yourself, go for a walk, have a massage, swim, find a quiet spot to meditate, read, eat some chocolate, write in your diary - just the things you love to do and maybe haven't had the time for because you've been looking after other people's needs. You also might reflect on your life and think back to past situations that have been very happy or very painful for you. For this day forget about outer worries and go within. Dig deeply into why you don't have what you want. Ask yourself the hard questions and be totally honest with yourself. What is it you truly need to be happy? What are you holding onto that is no longer useful to you? It may be a person, a material object, an old habit or negative attitude or thinking pattern. What are you here to learn/remember? Who are you? Make a list of what you like and don't like about yourself and try to devise a plan to change what you think is wrong with your life.

The day is all about you - so put everything else aside and devote this time to the most imprtant person in your life. In the end, it will benefit everyone around you to be a little self conscious for a while.

• Today I'd also like to talk about loneliness. Are you feeling lonely at the moment? It means that you feel that you are not important to any one - not even YOURSELF. So instead of looking for someone else to make you feel valued, ask why you yourself don't feel you are important or valuable as a person.

• Genius! Best thread ever! I almost hate to comment, for fear of mucking it up. But know I'll be reading it!

• Sandpiper, you won't 'muck it up'. 🙂 I would love to hear your thoughts - this thread is all about sharing.

• Today I'd also like to talk about loneliness. Are you feeling lonely at the moment?

-x-

I am feeling Alone, but i think loneliness and alone are two different things!

I do feel unimportant at the moment but that wouldn't suprise me much.

good thread Captain.

Best wishes

RebeccaAnn X

• Captain--Excellent thread. Very thought provoking and I will be thinking about it much of the day. It will put things in perspective. Thank you so much.

• Captain - Right on! I have been getting this message myselft. I consider myself less distracted than most - I turned off my TV over 10 years ago and do not carry a cell phone with me anywhere - and even still when I meditate - I teach tai chi - I am amazed at how many threads of thought can occur even as I repeat a mantra.

BE STILL AND KNOW was the answer and not asking for yet another reading about my love life.

• Also meant to say Thank You!

• This post is deleted!

• Yes RebeccaAnn, there is a big difference between being aloneand being lonely. You can only enjoy one of them. 🙂 But you can learn from both states.

• Everyone gives off love signals - do you know what yours are? It might be 'stop' 'go' 'slow down' or 'slippery conditions ahead'. 😉

But the clearer and higher the frequencies of your love radar, the quicker you will attract your love soulmate. Signals can get muddied by fear, anger, old unresolved issues, guilt, so if you work to clear your 'transmitter' your soulmate will be able to 'hear' your call so much better.

• Intimacy - so many people think this is just about passion and sex but true intimacy is about sharing. To be truly intimate with someone means being willing to reveal all your secrets and hidden thoughts and feelings and desires and goals, to trust someone enough to be authentically yourself with them. This is what holds a relationship together - not physical closeness but spiritual, emotional and mental closeness.

• Everyone gives off love signals - do you know what yours are? It might be 'stop' 'go' 'slow down' or 'slippery conditions ahead'. 😉

But the clearer and higher the frequencies of your love radar, the quicker you will attract your love soulmate. Signals can get muddied by fear, anger, old unresolved issues, guilt, so if you work to clear your 'transmitter' your soulmate will be able to 'hear' your call so much better.

-x-

Interesting, was this message for me?

Best wishes

RebeccaAnn 🙂

• No RebeccaAnn, these messages are for everyone.

• No RebeccaAnn, these messages are for everyone.

-x-

Okay, i have a favour to ask if thats ok?

• If you want to know what vibes you are giving out, look at the people in your life. If your friends are nasty, abusive types, then it's a sure bet you are giving off vibes that say "Come hurt me!" or "I am a scared victim-type". If you have needy clingy types in your life, then your vibe is about needing people to depend on you. If the people around are in any way negative or destructive, then you are giving off vibes that 'call' them into your life, so you need to rectify how you think and feel about yourself. If you have no one in your life, then something in you wants or believes you deserve it that way.

• Thank you captain 🙂 That can be all three sometimes i think 😮 Maybe i need to rethink on what i want to feel.

but actually i was going to ask you if you can give message from people who have passed* February 22, 1926 - Greenwich, Greater London, UK was my nans birthday, she died in 2003 of an illness and wondered weather she had any messages for me, i dont know why this came up but i just thought of it to ask a few days ago.

Best wishes

RebeccaAnn

• Excellent thread Captain, will keep checking back for more info.

• No RebeccaAnn, I don't usually talk to those who have passed over, although random spirits have sometimes popped in to talk to me. I don't consider myself to be a medium.