Virgo that is afraid of commitment

• Been dating this guy for 8 months, Relationship was great. He has been divorced for only 2 years.We meet on a dating service.We saw each other 2 to 3 days aweek. Went out every week end. he would either come to my house or I would go to his. We fell in love after 3 months of dating. talked about everything. Sex like was great. Less then a week ago he came to me and told me since we have benn dating for 8 months. He felt that he should be able to commit to me. And that he was afraid to commit and did not know if he could commit to me. And that he wanted some time to figure things out. I have not heard from him since.

He does not text me , call me, or email me at all. that is one thing that he did all the time, just to tell me that he loves me. In our relationship not once did i ever ask for a commitment.

Now I am all confused. I guess because i didn't even see it coming.

If i never mentioned commitment. why is he doing this? not understanding!!!

I do Love him and thought he loved me too. Do I need to get over this and move on with my life. Or wait. It took me 2 years to finally start dating again after my last boyfriend.

• My best friend was a virgo. He had a hard time with commitment too. When he was with someone he was with them, but when he wasn't- well that's another matter. Anyway, whenever ANY kind of conflict would arise with anyone, he would avoid them like the plague. I hate to say it, but if it's been awhile since you've heard from him, he was probably trying to get out of this relationship while avoiding a conflict. I assume that is the reason for the "commitment" excuse--even though you said nothing about it. And, please, don't ever let any man affect you so badly that you put yourself on hold. I've been there and it's amazing the things we put ourselves through and the effects that they have on us.

• thank you for your reply,

He did call me a few days ago and asked me to give him more time. he told me that he was scared due to his past relationship.

He had everything in his life planned out. when he was going to retire. and how much money he would have saved when he retired.( which is all the signs of a true Virgo)

Then at age 48 he got throat cancer. He went thru the treatment and beat it. His dad died at age 63 with cancer. Then right after he made it thru his treatment his wife asked him for a Divorce. She was seeing a coworker.

He had no idea what was going on.

Since his Divorce 2 years ago. He has dated over the last 2 years. but our relationship has been the longesr.He said that he felt like he should be making a commitment, but was not sure if he was ready to do that right now.

In turn I feel that we are still getting to know each other.

I am in no hurry. I do truely love him. but at the same time. I don't want to be with some one that doesn't want to be with me.

How long should I wait?

Are we to be together,Leo and a virgo?I am confused some readings tell me yes and some tell me to move on!!!!!

• LEO51,

If you guys are having an open relationship, which is kind of the impression im under, then theres no reason for you not to continue dating and see what's out there. Although you have a lot of love this guy he's still not sure. There could be a possibility that he's too scared to commit. Always keep your options open. How long are you really willing to wait for him to come around if a commitment is what you want? Everyone has their own issues to deal with, some worse than others but if i were going through a tough time i think id like someone to share it with and elp me get by...and ask yourself have you ask him for a commitment? No! There should be no reason to be worried about commiting.

• guess when youlook at it that way you are right.

Thanks for your help I will see what happens