Pendulum Information Wanted

• I have never used a pendulum but would like to start.

I have serached the forums and seen the postings about pendulums but still would like to know more about them. Is there a site that has kind of a pendulum 101 page or two?

how do you know what you want to use for a pendulum or what crystal, etc to use?

so many questions and not much info that I can find.

any help out there?

• Dear Sable31 Pendulums are very interesting. They have many uses.They will answer questions for you(yes,no,maybe,and none of your business.They also used for finding things

They can be used for dowsing. If you want to use one with a crystal you choose the crystal you want either a favorite of your own or choose by the characteristic of the crystal. Each crystal has it's own individual properties.I also use mine in my practice of Reiki. If you'd like more information,get back to me. marybutterfly

• yes i would like more information please.

i dont know how to choose what to use for a pendulum at all

• YOU SHOULD RUN COLD WATER OVER THE PENDULUM TO CLEANSE IT... WASH ALL THE DREK FROM IT AND VISUALIZE IT GOING DOWN THE DRAIN...

I USUALLY SMUDGE MINE OR RUN IT THROUGH INCENSE. OR YOU CAN LEAVE IT IN THE SUN TO CHARGE IT.

TO TEST IT...ASK IT FOR A NO ANSWER...SAME FOR YES...YOU'LL SEE WHICH WAY IT GOES WHEN U ASK IT A QUESTION.

YOU CAN ALSO USE IT FOR THE TAROT AS WELL. IT WILL CHOOSE CARDS FOR YOU IF YOU ASK IT A QUESTION A SPREAD THE DECK OUT....B4 U BEGIN..

BLESSED BE!

• Hi there. I've used pendulums on and off for some years. In answer to your queries about them, here's some - hopefully helpful - insights for ya:

1. Use anything you like as a pendulum. A piece of string, so long as it's at least 3 inches or longer with anything to weight it at the bottom - a paper clip if need be, will suffice as a pendulum. Of course, you can buy proper pendulums if you prefer, or use a favourite pendant & chain.

2. Before you start asking questions, ask the universe to only provide answers from sources who have your higher good at heart. Ask for your Guides to answer you or Guardian Angel/s whichever you prefer, but don't just start asking away without requesting some sort of protection, otherwise you may get a mischievous little spirit who will tell you anything for fun. Whatthe?? That happens in the universe?? It sure does. Spirits can be cheeky little devils too 🙂

3. There was a suggestion above about getting it to give you a yes or no answer before you ask it anything important. That's a very good piece of advice. Some pendulums will swing to the right in a circle for yes, or the opposite. Some will swing up and down or cross ways. It all depends, I guess, on the energy channelling through you as to which way yes or no ends up being. For me, I have a straight line going forwards and backwards for yes, and a straight line going from left to right for no. A circle going clockwise is a "maybe" or "don't know", and a circle going anti-clockwise is a sign for "can't answer", for me at least!

4. If you're asking questions for which the outcome doesn't worry you too much - like should I wear my red dress to the interview or is my daughter's earring still in the house, etc - then ask away. Once you ask the question (you can do this out loud or in your mind if you don't want the neighbours to think yer nuts) distance yourself from the answer by saying (in your mind) what will the answer be, or look in another direction. Then look back at the pendulum to see which way it's swinging. If you focus too strongly on the pendulum once you ask the question, you can influence it to answer only what you want to hear; not what the truth is.

5. If you must ask a pendulum questions for which you have an emotional investment, I'd suggest "blind" dowsing. This is where you cut out card-size (or smaller) pieces of paper or cardboard, write your question on them and shuffle. Place them face down and hold the pendulum over them, and wait for a yes, no or maybe/can't answer. Write this on the back of each card, then you can go through them and see what the universe has to say! Otherwise, I find if asking emotional questions of a pendulum in the usual way, due to my "attachment" to the answer, I can't depend on it being a universally true answer. Understand? This is why blind dowsing is the better option for this kind of questioning. Or you could get a trusted friend to dowse for you.

If you do have a session with a pendulum and you still feel unsure you're getting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but, then I'd seek - as suggested above - a trusted friend to ask these questions on your behalf.

I don't have a lot of faith in pendulums really which is why I don't use them that much. I just feel that they tell me what I want to hear as I'm in a pretty intense space at the moment and have been for a few years now. But what doesn't work for one, may work beautifully for another! As for a site about 'em, I'd just do a general google or whatever search and see what you come up with. Lots of psychic/spiritual sights include articles about pendulums, so you're sure to find loads of good info.

Good luck, happy dowsing and hope this helped some!

• thank you so very much for the information! I am copying it and saving it!

This has helped a lot. You gave me more info than the google search did, which I did before asking the question here.

If you do not have much faith in pendulums... what do you do for divination the most and is the most accurate for you?

I am in a very intense (not good) space now.

• I meditate! And ask my Guides and Angels for help in finding a clear path. Sadly though, sometimes the ole mind chatter drowns 'em out a bit, so meditation is really the best bet for me.

Interestingly, meditating is not necessarily the lotus 'n' chanting thing we've all been exposed to either. Meditation is ANYTHING which puts your thoughts in the here and now. I've always been told - and it's very true - that thoughts about what happened before or what may happen next are the things which cause stress and mind chatter. Thinking about nothing - or only of right now - is the best way to quiet the mind and leave it open to universal truths.

One more thing I forgot to mention above too: Sometimes if the universe has no answer for you, or you are not ready to hear it, the pendulum may not move at all; just hang there. So if that happens to you, take it to mean that the answer will be revealed when the time is right.

But as said above, what works for one person may not work for another - it depends on what appeals and how much success you have with it. So good luck and have loads of fun dowsing! And I'm glad to be of help to you my friend 🙂

• Hi there,

Try this site for some information about use of pendulums.

http://www.crystalcreekproducts.com.au/newage/articles/linda/pendulum.html

• This post is deleted!

• Chris1962 wrote:

I don't have a lot of faith in pendulums really which is why I don't use them that much. I just feel that they tell me what I want to hear as I'm in a pretty intense space at the moment and have been for a few years now. But what doesn't work for one, may work beautifully for another! As for a site about 'em, I'd just do a general google or whatever search and see what you come up with. Lots of psychic/spiritual sights include articles about pendulums, so you're sure to find loads of good info.

Sunny>> I feel the same way. I have used it on and off over several years, and at least 80% of the time it will tell me what I want to hear. once in a blue moon, it will surprise me.

Sunny