Confused...got 3 kings in a celtic cross reading

• Hi, so I decided to do a Celtic Cross reading for myself and a new love interest and my cards really surprised me. I'm new to Tarot divination so I was just wondering if someone could tell me what they thought of the spread and maybe help me understand how they got there so I know what to look for in future...

So my Centre was The Hierophant

My Crossing was the Lovers (i took that to be love obscuring the wise decision, or blurring judgement - don't know if that's right or not thought)

the basis - was the Wheel of Fortune

recent past was my 1st King - the King of Wands

Possible Outcome - 9 of Cups

Near Future - Ace of Wands

Self- King of Pentacles

Environment/Others- King of Cups ( i was guessing that he implied manipulation/dishonesty? Or even just 1 person more in love than the other? -not sure though)

Hopes/Fears-Strength ( i really have no idea what to make of that...)

The Outcome- Page of Cups

so, more than anything what threw me was the division in the cards...the cards in a future position are positive but the cards in the present seem to be warning very strongly against. Am I on the right track? I feel like I must've read them completely wrong. I looked up the lovers and the hierophant and apparently they're acolyte cards so together they teach a lesson...but I'm utterly baffled. Sorry for being so long winded. Roisin x o

• I use a different tarot spread but I'd like to take a crack at this for you. The King cards can mean a variety of different things. Because you cast the spread the guides will use the definition that you have assigned to each but I can somewhat get what they are trying to say, so here is my version of the message. This is a watered down version of it. If I really got into it I could get really long in detail.

You're asking about love and there are a set need of behaviors which you need to follow in order to gain what you want. (Lovers & Heirophant)

Basis - Destiny needs to be decided and or are you willing to change destiny (wheel of fortune)

Past - King of Wands (Person, opportunity to get a person, achievement in this area)

Possible outcome - getting exactly what you want (9 of cups)

near future - Ace of wands: Opportunity on the horizon if you want it

Self - King of pentacles: Get grounded and very sure of yourself, balanced in your quest to get what you want.

Environment - King of cups (Could mean person, could mean emotional challenges, could also mean embracing a very emotionally controlled & balanced personality to get what you want)

Hopes/fears- You need to have strength. Too many weaknesses or fears.

Outcome - Page of cups : You need to hold your emotions close to you to find your way.

Hoped that this helped.

.Serah.

• Hi Serah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me. I laid the cards back out for a second look with what you said in mind, and they seem to emphasize a need to develop emotional mastery. The hierophant + the lovers now looks like a learning curve saying that I need to extend the hierophants wisdom and control to my emotions as well.

The wheel of fortune is definitely a decision, or a chosen course of action. I'm speculatively considering this guy because he's mentioned to a friend that he's interested in me. I haven't decided at all one way or the other.

I'm curious about the King of Wands, when you say a missed opportunity, is it this guy that that card represents? If its an achievment could it be that I've grown up slightly? I've known this guy 4 yrs now.

9 of cups sounds like a great omen, especially with the ace of wands.

Based on the layout...do you think the King of Pents represents me? Or is it what I need to be for the situation to play out in my favour?

I think the King of Cups might represent him...he's only slightly older than me but he's much more mature. He's always in command of every situation and I've never seen him show emotion where it wasn't appropriate. He seems to be intensely private.

Strength makes absolute sense too...my weakness here/fear is that he seems to me to be a friend to everyone and so its easy to get the vibe that he's a player. But if I follow the cards advice that shouldn't be a problem because I'd have sufficient emotional detachment.

Is the Page of Cups then an individual growth card? Or does it refer to both people...if she advocates playing my cards close to my chest is that a permanent thing do you think? Or is it purely temporary? Or is it a feature of the relationship?

Thank you so much again for helping me out. I'm doing my best to get to grips with the meanings of tarot combinations. It means a lot to have someone to ask when it all gets complicated.

Roisin x o

• I used the pendulum to answer your yes/no questions because it would be very difficult to interpret your spread without giving you a full new reading.

I'm curious about the King of Wands, when you say a missed opportunity, is it this guy that that card represents? If its an achievment could it be that I've grown up slightly?

I asked the guides and they say, "Yes to both but we want you to figure it out."

Based on the layout...do you think the King of Pents represents me? Or is it what I need to be for the situation to play out in my favour?

"Yes it represents you."

I think the King of Cups might represent him...he's only slightly older than me but he's much more mature. He's always in command of every situation and I've never seen him show emotion where it wasn't appropriate. He seems to be intensely private.

"Yes it represents him."

Is the Page of Cups then an individual growth card? Or does it refer to both people...if she advocates playing my cards close to my chest is that a permanent thing do you think? Or is it purely temporary? Or is it a feature of the relationship?

"Yes it is an individual growth card for this reading and it usually is. It does not represent both people just you. You should always do this, this should not be purely temporary. Analyzing your emotions help you gain emotional control in areas where emotion can get the better of you i.e. relationships."

Good luck!

.Serah.