All Things Libra

• Hey Shihian:

Rising Sign is in 10 Degrees Sagittarius

You are known for being open, frank, outgoing and honest. At times, though, you are also blunt and quite indiscreet. Others have to learn not to take everything you say personally, because you usually do not mean any harm. You appreciate living your life in a straightforward and simple manner -- you dislike social niceties and consider them to be hindrances to real communication. You have lots and lots of energy and tend to become quite restless if you feel confined. You demand the freedom to do as you choose -- you must be self- directed or you feel trapped and anxious. With your abundant energy, you enjoy being outdoors, and you should be attracted to physical exercise or to those forms of sport which can help you burn off some of that excess energy. Very gregarious, you love to socialize -- your innate enthusiasm livens up any gathering.

Sun is in 27 Degrees Libra.

Very sociable, you enjoy being with others and definitely prefer not be alone. Warm and affectionate, you go out of your way to make others like you. You despise ugliness, for you being surrounded by beauty and harmony is a necessity of life. You prefer fine clothing, an attractive home and pleasant surroundings wherever you are. Your refined tastes apply to music and to art as well. At times, you are very indecisive you waver and falter when forced to make a choice because you have the ability to see both sides of any question. The positive part of this is that you are very fair-minded and can be trusted to settle disputes. Your greatest challenge is to take any one- on-one encounter and make the most of it.

Moon is in 12 Degrees Sagittarius.

An idealist, you prefer the grand, the beautiful, the good and the noble. You get very disappointed when your high expectations in life are not met. Very curious by nature, you enjoy traveling and learning about other peoples and cultures. Try to avoid your tendency to ignore the small but important details of living. You are independent and free, and you want others to be that way, too. Optimistic, buoyant and cheerful, others like to have you around. You have an incessant desire to learn as much as possible about metaphysics, religion, philosophy and any other broad, deep subject. Your life tends to be punctuated by bursts of energy and frenetic activity.

Mercury is in 17 Degrees Libra.

You are known for not jumping to conclusions about things. You tend to weigh all possible choices very carefully before making a decision. When in the slightest amount of doubt, you will compromise rather than ruffle any feathers. You are a true raconteur of culture and taste -- your ideas and opinions are neat, elegant and refined. A born diplomat, you dislike discord so much that you will go out of your way to make others feel comfortable and at ease. You speak softly and pleasantly.

Venus is in 11 Degrees Scorpio.

Your feelings about others are deep, powerful, intense and complex. When you like someone, you do so totally and obsessively if you do not like someone, they do not exist. Your faithfulness and loyalty to your lover is unquestioned, indeed at times it is too much so -- you get so possessive that you almost smother your partner. At times, your feelings are kept deep within you and, because they are so complex and intense, they frighten you -- this is the way that you try to ignore them. But the more you try to do this, the more explosive things get when you eventually do express them.

Mars is in 27 Degrees Scorpio.

Your likes and dislikes are strong and intense, never casual or superficial. You are known for your persistence and willful obsession. Once you have decided on a course of action, you are unstoppable. Your emotional actions tend to be extreme, although you try to keep them muted. You are not quick to anger, you do slow burns. And you tend to release your anger as sarcasm or irony. Beware of your tendency to hold grudges and to be vengeful. When you do fight, or release your internal tensions, you do so body and soul -- you become totally passionate and your outbursts are awesome to behold.

Jupiter is in 12 Degrees Aries.

The way that you grow and develop is by being an uncompromising individualist. You have a great need to be yourself and to explore your latent talents and abilities. Do not be afraid to let yourself go and develop self-confidence and pride in your accomplishments. But try not to become so self-centered that you ignore the needs of others. Also, you may have to build up your self-discipline in order to focus your energies properly.

Saturn is in 16 Degrees Aquarius.

Your personal sense of values is a reflection of the value structures of your peer group and of those you respect and admire. Try to be more critical in your acceptance of these values -- you tend to prejudge the abilities of those you trust and then follow what they say blindly. Basically very conservative, you prefer orderly, systematic changes and fear doing things rashly or impulsively. Ideas and philosophies must have some sort of immediately realizable, utilitarian function in order for you to pay any attention to them.

Uranus is in 08 Degrees Virgo.

You, and all your peers, will be known for the degree of intensity with which you dislike normal everyday routines and chores. You will go out of your way to invent innovative, unique and timesaving ways to perform the various mundane routines and duties of living. You will be attracted to all manner of practical and useful gadgets -- anything that will make your daily life more exciting.

Neptune is in 14 Degrees Scorpio.

You, and your entire generation, are extremely interested in anything deep and mysterious. You will explore and idealize the benefits that can accrue from the study of the occult, healing and psychology. You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme.

Pluto is in 13 Degrees Virgo.

For your entire generation, this will be a time when profound changes in society's attitude toward work, duty and responsibility will be initiated. Radical changes in attitudes toward personal health and general nutrition will be promulgated and gain wide acceptance and practice.

N. Node is in 14 Degrees Cancer.

You genuinely enjoy meeting other people, but you're at your best if you can do so from the comfort of your own home. You prefer others to come to you and tend to feel uncomfortable about leaving your home or neighborhood for any extended period of time. Those who do come in contact with you are struck by your caring and obliging nature -- you really make them feel at home. You form the closest ties, however, with members of your immediate family, especially your parents and children. You're at your best attending or organizing family reunions!

• WOW thank you that was very interesting.......VERY interesting....ok LOL box blonde moment here and "stupid" question....how did you find all that out LOL LOL

Becca

• Hi Libras!! God love you... your a great group. To be honest, I am a Gemini mom trying to figure out my Libra teenage son. We get along great now, but we have had our bumps (some big). Then again what parent hasn't. I find that I love Libra men, but they are a contridiction in themselves in addition to very enigmatic. I have had the experience that the Libra men (including my son) that have come into my life have been of the "lazy" type but I have always felt that they were more uninspired if anything else. They have all been artistically gifted (especially in music) and although seem somewhat "loners" in a way they are the "stars" when they are among others in a group. I find them very open-minded and intellegent, so much so that I often wonder why they aren't more "accomplished" or successful than they are because they sure seem innately sharper and perceptive than most other signs, even if they have less formal education than the "others" may happen to have. Libras see the possibilities and don't try to "lie to themselves" which others do and which prevents opening of the mind. Now I have noticed on the other hand that truth seeking Libras on the other hand often surprise me with their "secretness" and ability to lie without any guilt. But it's not as though they are ever "plotting against" someone in order to strategically manipulate people directly. I see it more as doing it because they are just to lazy and don't want to deal with consequences if they don't have to. It's like the moral fiber is there, but if standing up for ones principles is going to cause depravity or excessive burden then it's almost like lying is okay because it is as natural as breathing. Maybe asking mostly Libra women isn't the right group (b/c I think the group is mostly females here) but I generally find if there is something I don't like that I see in a specific gender within one sign the other gender in that sign doesn't have that problem. This is just my observations over the last 30+ years that I have actually been interested in astrology though.

Yes, I do find Libra women very strong.. yet they are in need of companionship. If they have a strong partner by their side, they can accomplish a greatest of feats. I am like this in many ways, but things have changed for me because I don't find much integrity in men anymore (esp in HOUSTON) that I find I don't mind being single when the opposite tends to be unhappy in a relationship (if I ever comes to that) . I also look & seem much younger in spirit than my 43+ years and due to my hobbies I am around younger men who do not know how much younger I am and are confused why I prefer to just stay friends. BTW, I have a tendency to be a packrat (which I didn't realize was a Gemini trait until I read the messages with everyones general consesus) but it's kinda true. That kind of goes against our nature, but I know for me it's more about intention fighting against a mind that is always working and often fights with being distracted. I find I work best with having a partner that is inately tidier than I and helps me that way while I spend time doing "research" to accumulated information to make the best choices. Gemini's are able clean out the cabinets of knowledge and organize information much better than most... and although you can't "see" it, it is extreamly necessary and overlooked in value!!!

Sorry for the detour, back to you Libras.. and thus my ultimate question. Do you see (although maybe not "personally") anything concerning this "lazy" side to Libra and if so, do you believe it has to do with lack of inspiration or motivation? And if you do, does anyone have any suggestions on how to help and support my Libra(s) instead of doing everything for them. You see, I find that these Libra men will let you do everything for them without shame & without guilt in assisting in some other way in return if they can get away with it. I often find I have to have clear boundaries and have to be specific and be creative and precise in choosing which consequense they will have to face because they can live with absolutely nothing if they have to!!! Negative reinforcement often gives an opportunity to blame others and not themselves... making it easly to retaliate passive agressively (therefore typically not the best method I've found). Then again they're so lazy that luck has a lot to any positive reinforcement options incentivating my Libra men enough to expect them to follow through. I'm starting to think the phrase "Behind every great man you will find a greater woman" was made for the Libra man because she had to figure him out first before he would do anything!!!.

• Note: The reason I am reaching out to you gals is that I am a single mom and my son's father is the antithisis of everything my son & I believe in (ie equal rights, compassion, valuing creativity & the arts and feeling connected spiritually to others,etc) therefore he does not have any positive MALE role models. I do believe that this may be what is missing in his life (and wow, I believe may be a common thread among the other Libra men too). But you can't just pull something like that out of your hat when your a single mom, when it doesn't exist around you or in any family members. There are 2 men in the family, but one is in NY (Peter of Peter, Paul & Mary.. my 2nd cousin) and my 80+ year old Uncle in CA (Peters Cousin). All the other men, esp on my mothers side are egocentric, controlling & manipulative.

• Well JoniHoops I raised my son also without his dad being around most of his child hood. My son is at the beginning of the sign. Sept. 30th and he says he doesn't lie its Bull Dunging. He is a procrastinator except if its something he is very interested in. But I see that in a lot of different signs. Taurus for one. Aries for another just to whip out a couple. I am a Libra myself but I am at the other end and not like him. And we had to fire him when he work for my husband and I because he came to work when he got good and ready and may work an hour or two and take a lunch for oh an hour or two and then leave for the day when we did. He didn't work any better when we worked him on commission either. But he worked like a dog for other people. He took advantage and so we let him go. As for Gemini's oh yeah I have known a lot of them male and female. They aren't what some would call lazy, no I call them hoarders and materialistic. They will litterally lift the rug and sweep the dirt under it. They aren't the cleanest of people at home I have learned that. And when it comes to a cat box, well they wait till the poor cat can't scratch any of the litter then they will take the whole thing out and pour it where ever and start all over again. But to see them out in public they are neat as a pen and a great workers outside of the home. Yes so Libras can be lazy but they are by far not alone.

• Oh and I noticed that Gemini's can sure work the tails off of others cleaning up around their places while they wouldn't lift a finger to do it themselves. Quite the managers they are!

• Oh yeah and I enjoy being alone I don't have to have a man. I do fine without having one in my hip pocket. And I find here in Austin most of the ones who are native think we're still in the 50's. And very old fashioned. I also have a lot of much younger friends, male and female. Usually around my childrens age. Which is from late 20' to 40's. They will keep you young.

• After reading about the situation with your son LibraLiar, I can totally see my son doing the same thing. Seems my son has a hard time learning from other peoples mistakes, but sure learns from personal pain & suffering. Up until a few weeks ago he would always dismiss most anything I would explain to him very rationally or offer him as advice so easily.. no matter if I showed him the warning signs I was "paranoid" . Even though my irrational "predictions" and "serial paranoia" almost always seemed to manifest into reality!.. I was doomed to be the stupid OLD PERSON! Things have changed since I let him live with his dad (my abusive ex) . After 3 weeks I am now all of a sudden "The most rational parent out of any parent he has ever met". Amazing!!

• No no no people don't learn anything from someone elses mistakes. It has to hurt before you learn. And people who don't allow their children to make mistakes don't teach them anything. They just delay life for them. One day the parents won't be around then what will little Johnny or Susie do. They have no idea how to survive now. What an injustice. If everytime you touch the flame you get burned sooner or later you keep your hand away from the flame. Or you loose it.

• Too funny.. I had long hair back in the 70-80's then.. shortened it until I turned 40 then let it return

to a medium long & Lord or whatever you believe in, willing...& my hair gal stays within 300 miles of me lol... I'll keep it this way. I also love long hair on women. Have a good week all.

• Curiousity killed the cat Midnytesyndicate. You just had to check didn't you? Yes her hair is long too. Very nice a bit old fashion in her upbringing. But great sense of humor. I do understand the being a hermit style. I split after my husband said he didn't want to be married anymore. And for the first time in my life I didn't care if I ever had another relationship again. Even my kids were surprised. Its been 5 years this year and I am finally to the point were I would like someone to share my interests and enjoy going and seeing things together. But if I don't I'm fine with that. I will not get married again. I would consider living with someone but I will not remarry. At my age coming up on Social Secuity in a few years its not financially smart. And who's to say if there will even be anything there. So I am fine being by myself and enjoy my own company enough to not mind. I wish you much peace and harmony in your life.

• What? It was suprising that I added my 2 cents to a Libra forum?? ;] Harmony? Nah don't see it.

Peace ? Sure. For fleeting moments anyway. But thanks for the well wishes.

• Hey Shihian:

http://www.alabe.com/freechart/

You can get a free birth chart here.

• Midnytesyndicate Negativaty isn't becoming. Try the other direction something good just might surprise you. You draw to you what you think. Laws of Attraction.

• My guitar teacher is a Libra. I love how Librans have the ability to see both sides of the situation, and how they are very diplomatic. They are usually blessed with artisic and musical abilities. I am a Taurus, but both Taurus and Libra are ruled by Venus, which is kool. Librans are awesome!

• Oh, and my rising sign is Libra.

• Agreed. Still I'm more of a realist than a negative person in the big picture. Also agreed that NEg. isn't becoming. Not what I'm attempting to achieve here. But anytime I've ventured to attract anyone. Confidence, My sense of humor, & attitude have been well.. Better than my usual

stance.

• Midnytesyndicate do you sleep? Is it confidence or cockiness. I am not sure. There is a fine line. Of which neither would attrack me. I would walk the other way.

• Been waking at 4:am for 3 mos now. <sigh>As far as the rest.. well no . It's Confidence

that I was speaking of. I can understand why my replies may convey mixed signals at this point in time. It's complicated right now and I'll not elaborate or Go on & on if you will lol.

Not gonna crowd this forum with it.</sigh>

• What is with these Gemini guys? My husband is constantly trying to tell me what to do and i am sooo independant. I am depressed and I don't feel close to him at all. I didn't marry him for the right reasons at all. UGH

I met someone 5 years ago before my husband who is also a Libra. I can talk to him about anything. He puts up with me, he is so patient and caring. There was an immediate electric connection between us when we met. He is just such a busy guy we never had a chance to get things going and I met my husband and married a sure thing..i know..stupid.

Now for 5 years now I can't stop thinking about or talking to my Libra guy and from what he tells me the feeling is mutual, he isn't married but has 5 kids (2 ex's). I am from Canada and if it weren't for him, I would have left the US a long time ago. He lives 150miles away but in the same city as my son (from my first marriage to a scorpio, what a disaster). This is a hard situation to describe but it is ohh so painful!!!