All Things Cancer

• I have been in a relationship with my cancer man for almost 6 years now, I am again hoping to get a ring' fron him on V-day . I belive he IS actually buying it this time, He has asked me questions about what rings I like, and what size I wear on my ring finger. Let me tell you this road to now has NOT always been this easy . I fell in love with him the moment I laid eyes on him. And that isint somthing I had EVER done before. It was a inside heart string that pulled me into him, knowing I could love him forever. I left my heartbroken and damaged relationship at the time to pursue him. It has taken years. The cancer man I know is a cusp his B-day is july 21st. So I belive he has other traits that I am unsure of, I only know of his secrets' , he always had to have somthing' hidden behind my back . ethier a phone # or Im with other females. During our first 3 years together off & on ( his doing ) He cheated on me and broke my heart almost every other mth. I held onto him, Could NOT get over him, was too inlove to see beyound him. We would get back together, and also I was now moved into my own apt , where I had never lived alone before, and this helped me to define who I am. And he helped me as well . He is a very straight forward kind of man, I know now, he IS very sensitive, But it took me YEARS to figure that out . His hard shell would be in place first , which would make him seem' very harsh, and unsensitive. Now I know he would be just protecting his self and in his shell. I now know him for the man he truly is , and I am still head over heals in love with this man . I dont think I could ever love another as much. Over our years together we have grown so close, we are best friends and tell each other the honest truth . I have let him understand my' feelings as a tarus,I AM stuuborn, but while I met him and we have grown closer I have been ready for a change, and HAVE changed as a person with him on my side. I can never thank him enough for helping me see' the truth of this world and moving on in life and love with a real' understanding of what is real'. I cant wait to be his wife' , I have heard men refer to " my wife" and I am so exited to hear these words from his mouth about me as his "wife" I also cant wait to say he is my husband" . That is somthing I also never thought I would want again in this life. He IS VERY close to his mother . They share a home that she is at 6 mths of the year and the other times she is in a differnt state with her boyfriend, and the times when she is gone we get so close, and when she is there, I have now found a happy medium, but it took a long time to not feel like I was in some kind of race for his time and affection. They have a friendship type relationship, and I understand it more now, But I still want to be in #1 place as his wife. So hopefully we will get there and let me say , I have had many readings that told me to move on, that he was having his cake and eating it too . and for years he was. until I was in the postion to say screw it; and really ' ready to walk away .... that is when things changed for better to my side. I now KNOW he loves me . That is a feeling I have wanted for far too long . It feels GREAT !! And I cant wait to be my cancer man's wife. 🙂 Good luck to all of you out thier involved with a cancer. It may take a long time, but if it is meant to be , it will just be. It takes alot out of you to get to know these people, but once you do it makes it all worth it in the end.

• Writspirit,

I am confused because of his actions, not my feelings. I do feel like a piece of side action, even though we've never been physically intimate. On an emotional level, that is a whole separate discussion. We have a bond, as "friends" that has no rival, in either of our lives. He has told me that this is how he feels: he is MORE protective over me than most, he cares MORE about me than he does other "friends", when I cry (which is not that often), he hurts too, he can't explain WHAT it is with me, he sees MORE in me than I have ever seen in my self, and I understand him in a way that no one else does. We've been friends for half of my lifetime (even though only 4 was with constant contact) and I was content with that until we lost touch for a long time, 10 years with only random encounters that left us both wanting more contact. Last year, we re-connected and have not had a day go by that we are not texting, talking, seeing each other, chatting on-line, or something. We share secrets that one would usually only tell a spouse or significant other and there is an intensity to our time when we are alone that is unmatched in any relationship I have ever had, platonic or sexual. I have not been trying to hinder his marriage to his ex but I get the feeling that something is still off between them. It's not wishful thinking; I tend to be right about this sort of thing; my gut rarely fails me when it comes to my feelings. So, since I gave you a little more information, any advice besides "let him go"? I am just confused as to why he is being so "hot/cold" and trust me, he retreats into his shell quite frequently with any female he is with; I have seen him do it but I can't get a fix on what the issue is between us. So, any advice from ANY Cancer men would be greatly appreciated! I can give more info as needed, thanks for taking the time to read my post...

• I am a cancer. I used to be nuturing and caring. But after years of being pushed aside, rejected and such I pretty much stay to myself. I have very few friends, I am my own best friend and believe that there is no one out there who can see me for the beautiful person I am. I know us cancers can be ones to "retreat into our shells". Is there anyone else out there who feels the same?

• Could we be twins??? I completely understand how you feel. Except I see a lot of positives of being under the cancer sign. We are strong, smart, and stubborn-which in this hard world I believe is a good thing.

The only problem with being a cancer is we have to hide our feelings because of the intensity we tend to care about people. At least, personally, I care so deeply when I get involved with someone that they soon realize that I am in a position to be taken advantage of, disrespected and mistreated. There are people I care for, but I'll never let them know how much.

• Hi Angelface36,

I am born under the cancer sign, (July 1, 1961). I get my feelings hurt easily and have trouble forgetting, excusing and/or forgiving the hurt. When I care about someone, I go way out of my way to help them. I need a lot of "alone" time, but at the same time like to spend time with people I care about, but only when I'm in the mood. It can be very confusing, sometimes I don't understand myself! How can I expect someone else to understand me? Does any of this sound familiar? Some other personality traits I have are determination, if I have my mind set on doing something, I will get it done, one way or another. I'm not sure if this is an age related thing or an astrology thing. I really think it's more of an astrological thing though because I've pretty much always been like this. It just seems to get more intense as I get older. If there is anyone else out there around the same age I'd love to hear from you.

• Hi Lucky Star,

I just read your post, and something about it sounded all too familiar! When you mentioned people visiting and socializing with you but when you needed them they would be too busy. I get that kind of treatment all the time. I don't want to be treated like a queen, but I would like the same kindness and consideration that I give those I care about. For some reason, this doesn't happen, it's like when I get involved with someone, everything is great at first, then once I open up and let them know how I feel they start disrespecting me, and not considering my feelings. It's like, once they realize they have me, they think they can treat me anyone way they want and I'll always be there. I'm in my late forties now, and I guess I'm just tired of putting up with this, I am beginning to become more and more reclusive because of this. What is it about us cancers that seems to make others think that we will always be there no matter how they treat us?

• To Sandran712>I am a cancer female (7/1/61), I do not like a lot of attention, but on the other hand, I hate the way most people tend to just ignore me unless of course, they need something. Another issue you wrote about-the cancer/aries association, it doesn't work well for me. I was married to an Aries for 25 years, everything was great in the beginning, but as we got older I think we both realized how very different we were. He is a big time attention seeker. After the divorce, what did I do? Got involved with another Aries, only this time, my guard was up and I was watching for some of the same signs of trouble like with my ex. It took a couple of years, but after the newness wore off and he became more comfortable with me, he thought he was going to be able start treating me like my ex did, even with him knowing that my ex's lack of respect for me is what eventually destroyed our marriage. I broke things off and I will make sure that I do not get involved with another Aries. Actually, for right now, I'm trying to get to know myself, now that I'm free to be myself, it's like discovering a new friend.

• Msmitzi

Hi, Im glad im not the only one going through the same things. I wonder at times if all cancers or any other signs goes through the same things at the same time?? They say we have a twin somewhere.

On feb 14 my boyfriend and i gotten into an argument and now i am drifting farther farther away. Since his dads passing in dec. 2009 and hes living in his dads house and on feb 12, 2010 his daughter and granddaughters has moved to colorado to live on the army base. He has more time on his hands to think of the bad things and to dwell on them. Hes a good man, he really is but he has issues with insecurity and jealousy and i dont think hes forgiven his ex wives. He sent me a text stating that his life sucks. I told him that hes welcome to come to my house for the night and he says that he has two dogs and 6 chickens to take care of, so thats telling me that he isnt gonna do his part to be with me. Im not gonna do 100 percent if he isnt gonna budge. Im not sure what is it with us cancers that attracts people and when they find out the real "us' it kinda scares them off.

So right now im trying to sleep and eat well and to keep up the house and dont worry about no man. Keep in touch

• Hi Lucky Star,

I think that is the best way to handle things for now (at least for me). I'm not looking to get involved with anyone. I've tried once since my divorce over 5 years ago, and was deeply disappointed and hurt. I thought it was the real thing, I thought we understood each other so well, only to find out the whole thing was a big facade on his part.

He was also an Aries, just like my ex-husband, it seems, I'm attracted to Aries, but cannot get along with them for long, my experience has been that they are manipulative and way too stubborn and agressive. I finally came to the realization that I don't need a man in my life, not if I can't have what I want, I'll just do without. It's really not that bad, I don't have anyone to answer to but myself, my time is my time and I don't have to clean up after anyone else but myself. The only downside is the lonely times. It would be nice to be held and know I am truely loved. But it just doesn't look like that is going to happen for me. It's not the worse thing in the world though. I feel good about myself, I feel like I'm the only person who really knows me and respects me. Is it our sign that makes people think we can just be disregarded as human beings with feelings unless it serves their purpose? Or is it just me and something about my personality? This is what I'm trying to figure out. I have been trying not to let my true feelings be known when I care about someone and that seems to cause them to respect me as a person with feelings. But, to me that doesn't make sense...I should be able to be honest with people about how I feel about them and they shouldn't then get the attitude that they can be inconsiderate to me and expect me to keep feeling the same way about them. Also, it's just not right to not be able to tell people you care about how much you care about them.

I work out alot to work off the stress, I've read that exercise produces a lot of the same endorphins that being in a relationship does, so maybe that helps. I've taking an online course in Medical Coding and Billing, I usually keep my 7 yr old grandson every other weekend, and then there's the housework and yardwork to do, all that keeps me pretty busy.

I'd love it if you would keep in touch!

• Msmitzi,

Some bad news, after the fight we had feb 14 and he called me today and decide to break it off. He has already someone in mind but he says he isnt cheating on me. All i hear is about him, him,him and none about my feelings and its like i couldnt get a word in unless i agree with him. Im not sure if i want to date for awhile. Its hard to find a christain man who can respect you for who you are and care about your needs but at the same time puts god first. Do you have yahoo messenger? Please pray for me, its gonna be hard to get through this.

• Crystal>>So my question to you all is this: is it a Cancer tendency to go back to someone after all that time, even knowing how badly they hurt you? And one more thing, is it normal to keep a "friendship" secret from an intended spouse? I am thoroughly cofused by this man and so angry at him that I can't even talk to him about it. Btw, I am a Pisces and we are so connected that it scares other people when they see us together... So what am I to make of all this? ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

Sandran712>>YES IT is VERY COMMON For Cancer's to go back to a past relationship with an ex even if they have been hurt.Because....Cancer's go backwards in relationships.Hardly ever forward.

• Mitzi>>I am a cancer. I used to be nuturing and caring. But after years of being pushed aside, rejected and such I pretty much stay to myself. I have very few friends, I am my own best friend and believe that there is no one out there who can see me for the beautiful person I am. I know us cancers can be ones to "retreat into our shells". Is there anyone else out there who feels the same?

Sandran712>>>Yes I do feel exactly the same way

• We are strong, smart, and stubborn-which in this hard world I believe is a good thing.

The only problem with being a cancer is we have to hide our feelings because of the intensity we tend to care about people. At least, personally, I care so deeply when I get involved with someone that they soon realize that I am in a position to be taken advantage of, disrespected and mistreated. There are people I care for, but I'll never let them know how much.

Sandran712>>I feel exactly this same way.

• Hi Luckystarr,

I'm sorry to hear of your bad news. That is one good thing about not even trying to get involved with anyone-no hurt or disappointments. That's how everyone treats me, it's all about them, me and my feelings are not important. That's why I think I've withdrawn into myself. I don't know if it's my sign or just how people treat me that has made me act like this. I'm also going through menapause, that may have something to do with it too. I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that one out. All I know is I'm tired of people mistreating me and I'm not going to take it anymore. If that means I have to stay away from people then that's what I intend to do. What do you think? Do you think it's us? Or do you think it really has something to do with our birth signs that make us the way we are? I don't have a yahoo account right now, I will look into creating one in the near future. I tried downloading the yahoo messenger and it didn't work, getting tired now, so I'll try it again tomorrow.

• Hi Lucky starr,

Have you ever checked out "What are your issues?" on this site? There is a "Captain" that does these readings just from your birthdate. He or she was very close at analyzing my issues and giving solutions to solve them. You should try it. The Captain was wrong on some of the aspects, but for the most part, he or she was right on target. If you decide to get a reading, please let me know how you feel about what the Captain had to say.

• msmitzi

Sometimes i want to believe its the cancer sign but i think to that its what we have learned through our lives has made us the way we are. I have used "captain" and hes very thorough. That i really do like.

When the time is right i will ask for another reading. I just wish i had a friend nearby who can answer my questions without costing me money, give me readings that is.

Im gonna get a reading with a friend today and go from there.

The only thing that hurts is that im not able to defend myself. I feel like he really hasnt given me a chance, well he has but he hasnt considered how im feeling, its like whatever i have said it just went out the window. His feelings matter thats all.

This may sound weird but ihad a healing done about a month ago and the healer had a rough time of getting this attachment to go to the light, i believe the attachment did go to the light.

Well i think it was my late husband doing all he can to keep me from marrying this guy.

Another weird thing is I dont judge people, the first day i met tony i said to myself "im not marrying this guy" I gave him a chance to prove me wrong and now we arent together.

Long time ago i would say (this is when i was growing up) I dont like that person or i dont want to be with that person and later on im best friends with this person. As im older its like i just take one look and know what to say or the truth? Its not making sense but i hope you get the idea. One of my cats, when she was a kitten, i just looked at her and named her starr without hesitating.

So hopefully i can find a christain man who can appreciate me. Thanks for talking to me msmitzi. I really appreciate it.

• luckystarrr>>>So hopefully i can find a christain man who can appreciate me

Sandran712>>Good luck with that! I go to church too and all the men there are married.

I even dated a guy that claims to be christian.I wouldn't see him anymore .He wasn't completely divorced.In my church they frown on someone being divorced and seeing a single unattached person.Oh...<sigh>maybe I will find someone.</sigh>

• msMitzi>>Have you ever checked out "What are your issues?" on this site? There is a "Captain" that does these readings just from your birthdate. He or she was very close at analyzing my issues and giving solutions to solve them. You should try it.

Sandran712>>I've already seen the Captain..Says I need to tone down my emotions.And Hanswolfgang says I will never have anyone in my life for the rest of my life.

• sandran712, I did go to "What are my issues", and was rather surprised at how close "The Captain", read me. He or she was just a little off on somethings, but amazely close or right on on others, it was kind of scary! I don't need to consult Hanswolfgang about whether I will ever be with someone else, I already know the answer to that one. I can't get past prior hurt and betrayal, I do not want to go through that kind of pain again and will do anything in my power to avoid it. Facing the rest of my life alone is really not that bad, not compared to being hurt like that again.

• msMitzi>>Facing the rest of my life alone is really not that bad, not compared to being hurt like that

Sandran712>>I am always spared of real hurt.I think the Pisces Moon I have helps protect me.But, for someone to say you will never have anyone in your life relationship wise is pretty scary.The Captain was dead on for me too.But, Captain did not say I would be lonely forever either.So I do not believe anyone on here.I believe that I will not find anyone until it's too late to matter.I will be old and gray by then...LOL..Just seems odd for someone to be 46 years old and never married.I did not even get married and get an annulment.LOLI've never seen an engagement ring/wedding ring.