Life Changing Decision: Help with Interpretation of my spread?

• I have a pretty major life decision to make at this time. Between buying a home where I am, or uprooting and moving across the country for a better job with significantly better pay. I do have a family, so this is huge. I did a reading the other night, and was hoping I could get some outside opinions on its interpretation. I use the Thoth deck, and the Celtic cross out of the accompanying book.

1. XXI - The Universe

2. Knight (King) of Swords

3. 2 of Disks

4. VII The Chariot

5. VI The Lovers

6. X Fortune

7. Ace of Cups

8. XVIII The Moon

9. XI Lust (Strength)

10. 5 of Cups (<-- the only troublesome card I see, the final outcome!)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

• Hey Splendorlex

I saw your post and thought I would add some feedback for you....

I sketched out your ten cards in a line and to me there is a strong MOVE cards all through this.

The Universe implies the "world" is yours, like distant horizons

The Knight swords is galloping away

The Two of Pentacles is a strong MOVE card traditionally

The Chariot is also Movement and rapid change

The Wheel of Fortune is movement (wheels turning)

The Ace cups, the Moon and the Strength cards all seem to relate to intuition, inner guidance and instincts - so I think your instincts are strongly trying to tell u to move for some reason (the $$ I guess or maybe something is going to happen in your present job that you might not be aware of yet).

There was also a very strong center thread of one CUP running through a lot of these cards (I just sketched out them in a line) and that felt like a move to me like dot dot dot dot... and then the 5 of cups felt like where it lands and that seems to agree with the Chariot (rapid change) card (both have 5 energy points like an 'X' and X marks the spot for you).

And I also drew some cards to ask the same questions and for STAY I got

Queen of Pentacles

Seven of Wands

For MOVE I got

Strength (which matches up with your spread) and

the Two of Swords which is a very strong I AGREE card

So the energies all add up for a MOVE for you it seems...

Best wishes, follow your heart you'll do the right thing! Hope that helps!

love, astra

• Thanks so much for the feedback. I really like the way you laid out the cards in such a way to see the momentum and movement that they may have been indicating. I've been reading the Tarot for roughly 18 years, and though I can do excellent, thorough readings for others, I always seem to hit some snags trying to look at my own. Maybe it's knowing too much of my own inner thoughts and workings that serves to actually muddle sometimes clear indications.

One such indication is the movement you mention. I KNOW the 2 of Disks and Chariot are both strong movement cards, yet for some reason I just wasn't "seeing" it.

As for your additional card draws, one card for "stay" that jumped out at me is the Queen of Pentacles. I'm almost certain its a representation of my wife, who has deep roots in our current location. She still just "doesn't know" about the idea of moving, but at the same time is on board if it comes to that.

Thanks again, and we'll see how it all shakes out. I believe I'm leaning pretty heavily towards taking that leap across country if I do get that chance.

• Oh, and I also want to add that it's just like the universe to plop this in my lap literally weeks before we completed the process of purchasing a home, which may have made the possibility of moving like this near impossible.

• If there is anyone out there who'd like to take a shot at the interpretation, that'd be great. Astral Angel, also let me know if you'd like to ask any questions of me! 🙂 I've never attempted any "long range" type reading, but I'm more than willing to give it a try.

• Hey splendor

I also just tried a pendulum and it indicates yes as well on this move...

Hopefully others can pop in and let you know what they are getting for you too...

Follow your heart is the general idea, keep taking those steps that feel right for you and you are doing fine! Everything will work out wonderfully for your family! 🙂

I drew the Hanged Man also which is a sign you are kinda on hold, waiting to make the next move on this situation. I am sure by the time you need to act you will be ready.

astra

• I thought that I would add that all my interviews went very, very well and they are supposed to be calling me with an offer tomorrow or Monday. 🙂