Can Someone Please Give Me A work Related Reasding?

• Work Reading

I recently started a new job and I initially thought it would be a more humble and stable environment than what I came from.  I am slowly starting to see that I am surrounded by people that lack a sense of peace within and are very nasty and callous on the outside.  Communication is horrible and there is zero respect for others.  There are three people I am having difficulties with and one that my spirit is telling me not to trust.  I was actually on the verge of tears today as I was full of angst and frustration.  I have been dealing with this personality type for the past four years or so and frankly I can no longer stand the abuse.  My previously job was also toxic.  So before I do something drastic and quit which I cannot do, can someone please give me a reading and see what they see as an outcome here.  Will there be a change soon?  Perhaps a change in job?  I do have one job in mind that I would love to have but someone is currently in that position.  I also have my own venture I am pursuing but that isnt enough to pay the bills at all at this point.  So any advice on what I should do would be great!  Its funny I am in this situation again, you would think I would be used to it by now!

Thank you in advance 🙂

• This is not just random bad luck. Situations keep repeating themselves until we learn to deal with them successfully. You are obviously meant to learn how to deal with nasty callous people. But if you keep meeting such people again and again, then your attempts in the past of handling them must not have been effective. You need a new way of dealing with them or the cycle will keep repeating. And getting another job will not help as there are these types everywhere as you are learning.

Change only comes when we change ourselves. How have you dealt with such people in the past - if you just try to avoid them, then the right course of action must be to stand up to them.

• hi Captain,

Thank you so much. You are probably right - I never stand up against callous people. My automatic inclination is to avoid confrontation especially in the workplace. But like you said, now is the time to say something. It just sucks because I feel I ambeing ganged up against. Is there a way you can pull a few cards on this situation or whether you see a change coming for me.

thank you again!

• They gang up on you becasue you don't fight back. You don't need to be all angry and aggressive - just look them in the eyes and say quietly but firmly that if they make any more trouble, you will be forced to put in a complaint about their behaviour to management. Bullies only win because no one stands up to them. And if you are hoping for a random miracle to happen so you won't have to do anything yourself, well it won't. Life doesn't work like that - we are all here to learn how to cope and survive and even thrive. You are the only one who can change your situation. How much longer are you going to run away from conflict?