Captain - Can I please have a reading?

• Hi Captain,

I would like a general reading. I want to know which direction I should turn in terms of career and my love life. My birthdate is 10/14/83. Thank you!

• You are very creative and versatile. Any career involving communication will be good for you as long as you learn to speak the language of the people so as not to be misunderstood or misinterpreted. Selling, writing, teaching etc, can bring you happiness as well as material gains. You also have gifts in the area of philosophy and religion and would make a good researcher. You want to be free and to have adventures, so pick a job that challenges you that perhaps involves travel and some alone time. Performing in the theatre or somewhere on stage (dancing, acting, singing etc) would work for you as you have a great sense of drama. From artist to entrepreneur, from a high-tech career to working outside in nature, you can turn your hand to many different things. Service and healing-related work also would suit. Your career must feel meaningful to you, however - it must be connected to a higher purpose or motive of service than just making money to fulfill you. Go with your passion.

2012 for you is a time of change and opportunity. Horizons are expanded and growth is less impeded. You are likely to make a number of new friends this year as social activities will be expanded. This is a year that will bring excitement and adventure and a good deal more freedom than you have experienced in recent years. This is a time for feeling loose and free; for moving away from old routines in a constructive way. If you became bogged down during 2011, now is the time to seek out new directions. 2012 is a year where freedom, travel, communication and exploration through the senses are at the forefront for you. A change in direction, movement or a new beginning will happen if you let it and work towards it.

Along with all of this excitement and new opportunities often will come feelings of restlessness. Watch out for a tendency to scatter your energies in too many directions. Pick something you love doing and focus on that. Otherwise you may hop from idea to idea before you complete anything. You do need to be willing to take calculated risks in order to take giant steps forward, even before all of the facts are in, but at the same time you have to be careful not to run too quickly from unfinished business or you will find yourself right back where you started. This is the time to get out of destructive interpersonal relationships as well as business relationships that offer no chance for progression. Sticking with old models or stagnant ways of doing or being is like sealing the coffin for you. You must surround yourself with people who are living life and are looking for opportunities to stretch themselves both personally and professionally.

Be careful not to overindulge in anything whether it be sex, food, training, drugs, or anything that leads to addiction. This will take you off your path and while seemingly pleasurable at the time, will have long term consequences. 2012 is a time for taking action, expressing yourself (particularly through writing), and finding new people, new places and new situations.

Good luck!

• Thank you so much! It sounds like I have a lot of good things ahead of me this year if I take chances and keep moving forward. I feel like I have started to make changes and cut things and people off that have held me back before. I sometimes feel that people always want something from me and I'm very giving and have had a hard time in the past saying no, but lately I've had enough living for other people and more living for myself.

• Good for you.