A Situation

• I decided to volunteer at my school as an usher. For some reason, a professor and one of the staff people seemed to take issue with me being there.They made comments about me and displayed behavior that I thought was inappropriate. I was going to let it go, but it really bugged me. So, I decided to confront them about it. That turned out to be a bad idea. I really felt like I was singled out. I wish I knew more about these people (maybe we have incompatible astrological signs or something?).I really want to fix this situation. But it may be better if we just avoid each other. I'm kind of stuck with the professor for at least two more courses. I'm usually better at dealing with this stuff, but I just don't know what to do. Thanks for any insight you may have. (And sorry I've been on here so much lately... there's a lot going on)

• mh83

The professor is pretty full of himself and the staff person, is always on watch is what I receive so you are not the only one that has been treated this way. If you have no blame here with any outlandish behaviors, and if they continue to take issue with you , than report them to a higher superior.

Shuabby

• Thanks! It's funny because that's the impression I got. But sometimes I feel like "Oh it must be me" because everyone talks about how much they love this prof. It's good to know that I'm not the only one. I don't really know about the other person. But, that's it! I couldn't put my finger on what it was that bothered me about her. I have this weird thing where I can't stand it if I feel like people are waiting for me to mess up. I think that's what she does. She's just waiting for someone to do something wrong. I get the feeling that neither are really that happy where they are. And unfortunately, people will sometimes take their feelings out on who they perceive to be the "lowest common denominator." Ironically, this school was not my first choice. But, I've chosen to make the best of my situation. It's a shame that these two aren't doing the same.