Will a Scorpio man ever really let go of a Cancer woman?

• He is a Scorpio with Leo Rising and Moon in Leo, while I'm a Cancer with Virgo Rising and an Aquarius Moon...we met by pure coincidence, chance, serendipity, fate, or whatever else you want to call it at a show that neither of us was going to go to until the last minute where there were a few hundred people and we just happened to be standing near each other. Anyway, from the moment we met there was an instant connection and I knew he was my soulmate, the one, twin flame, etc. what was amazing was that he felt the exact same way. We have been together for just under a year and a half, but this was complicated by distance (he lives 4 hours away). We discussed the future and even made a few plans, he looked at jobs in my hometown and was serious about moving to my home state to be with me. I spent the entire summer with him, choosing to intern near his hometown so that we could be together, but then just a few months ago he began to withdraw saying that my impending graduation (I am a graduate student) would only make the distance worse and that he wasn't going to find a job, so it was best to part so that we wouldn't be let down. So, now it's been a few weeks of little to no contact and I'm heartbroken and miss him terribly. He told me that he didn't want to lose me because he knew I was the one and he'd never find me again if he did...I feel the same way. Anyway, what I'm wondering is this: if a Scorpio male felt that a Cancer female was his soulmate and "the one", the only person he could truly trust with his thoughts and feelings (he said I was the only person he could ever really be himself around), will he ever let her go in his heart? Especially, given the fact that I did nothing wrong and tried to accomodate his fears by suggesting we move wherever he likes (the issue here is that he is unsure about where he wants to live and what he wants to do with his career), I didn't hurt him and know that often Scorpios will be cold toward those that have hurt them but I did nothing?

Sorry for the long post, just would really like some insight on the situation...we are both in our mid-twenties, if that's any help. Thank you.

• Hello Linasierra,

I think it's nice that you're accommodating to your Scorpio, but I think you're scaring him off by being too clingy.

Speaking as a Scorpio, we like control, but we also like people being independent and giving us our space.

I think that's what you Scorpio needs at the moment.

I don't think you should worry too much about him. If you really don't want to lose him, maybe a single email or a phone call once a week will be enough. Don't bother him too much and don't seem too desperate. We like to keep tabs on every and all the people we have or had an interest in -- like them or not -- so he may not be so far away as you think.

If you guys are really twin flames or soul mates, then you guys will eventually be together.

• Thanks EIAI. I've stopped contacting him and trying to accomodate him, I know he needs his space but at the same time giving him space scares me. Though Cancer is pretty much the clingiest sign there is, I'm trying really hard to give him the space he needs...even if it means fighting the urge to message or call him. I'm just hoping he's missing me or thinking of me. Is it best to just stop contacting him as that may make him think about me more, even if it seems counterintuitive to me?

• Hi Linasierray,

I don't think you should. We are obsessive and jealous creatures --easily angered too. You not calling him might give him the wrong impression and he may just as well try looking for other people. Or he just might drop you all together and decide you're not the one he wants to be with.

• You don't think I should what? Sorry, I don't understand if you meant that you don't think I should stop contacting him all together or that I should...I'm not worried about him looking for other people or dropping me all together, he's quite mature for a 26 year old and isn't looking for anybody else (he's told me that I'm the one for him several times, even after fights and arguments).

• I have a similar situation to yours... only the differences are much greater distance (across the world from each other), we're a bit younger than you two (I'm 21, she's 18), and she's the Scorpio.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that you're right and he's telling the truth. He says you're the one, he doesn't plan on leaving you for anyone else, but he's... he's probably just scared that it might not work. That something will get in the way or keep you from being together. Distance is an incredibly difficult thing to overcome-- I'd know... I've known my Scorpio for nearly three years now and I've never really met her in person. She kept thinking that so many things would keep us from ever being together, and in wanting me to be happy she told me that I should look for someone else-- something easier to work with. I didn't want something easier though, I just wanted her and I made sure she knew it so... I told her to stay strong and found solutions to the problems that I could. Before I knew it, everything else began to fall into place and she found that taking my advice was a wonderful choice. She still has trouble every now and then, but I'm always there to make sure she knows that I'm not giving up on her no matter how difficult it seems.

As for not knowing where to take his career or where to live... it depends on what he really wants to get done right now, and what his career path actually is. What does he do? Does he know what he ultimately wants to do?

Not sure if I gave any insight but I suppose I at least can say that I know what you're going through at the moment.

• Thanks OCain! Right now he's working in management and he wants to go into business, but isn't locked in on that. As for what he ultimately wants to do, he has no idea...the only thing he knows is that he wants to live somewhere where he can ride his bike to the beach and doesn't want an office job, he wants to be able to move around and travel to visit clients. I've given him advice, but I don't want to nag or smother him (such a Cancer thing to do lol) so for now I'm keeping in touch with updates and trying not to ask about what he's doing careerwise, he has to figure it out for himself.

• Oh I'm not that much older than you, I'm 24 and he's 26. Good to know someone else is going through the same thing, even though it sucks, it' s nice to know we're not alone.

• You're very welcome linasierra. And good luck to you, by the way. I hope all goes well with you two... although I figure it will either way, come hell or high water. 'Love will find a way', as the song goes and all that.

• Thank you, good luck to you too! He's been communicating with me recently, asking about my upcoming job interview and where I am, etc...so, I'm thinking that's a good sign? What do you think as a guy, sun sign not withstanding?

• If I were to actively start communication with someone and ask about how things are going with them, it's because I want to know where they are at in life. I want to be sure that all is well, things like that. As a Scorpio... well, if there was anything I couldn't find out on my own, I'd probably ask about it. And trust me, they can find out a lot on their own. There isn't much you can hide from them.

So yeah, I'd say it's a good thing. I mean, couldn't be bad, could it?

• Thanks OCain! It really sucks because I miss him terribly, so not talking to him is really difficult but I'm pretty hopeful since he asked about the job interview and where I was--at least shows an interest and he could have just ignored me entirely.