Lost envelope of money

• Hi all,

I hope this is not too trivial, but I ask for any help or guidance that can come my way.

Three years ago I received an envelope containing 10 crisp US$100 notes from my godfather I hadn't seen in a while. I received that generous amount of $1000 in one sitting. I had my grandparents in Manila hold on to it for me for safe keeping.

Either last year or the year before, my mother told me to take it back with me to Australia. Because my mother is very particular with accounts and monetary values, I'm convinced that I did give it to her for safe keeping. She is convinced that I have it, and I am convinced that I gave it to her, knowing that she would be more responsible for it than me.

If, and I say if, I had kept the cash with me, common sense points only to me putting the amount in an old wallet, inside my wooden dresser. My sister has searched for me, and it is not there. I am forgetful, but I would not have been that irresponsible as to stuff the amount elsewhere. I am still convinced my mum is holding it somewhere.

Please help me shed light. Is the cash still somewhere in our house, or have I completely and accidentally disposed of it? Or have I used it without remembering.

Thank you for your time and help.

• Did you actually get it back from your grandparents?

• Hi Captain,

Thank you for gracing me with your presence. I had been hoping you would do so.

Yes, I did get it back from my grandparents. I remember being super paranoid about carrying that amount on my person on the plane.

• I feel you still have it. Check under - or wrapped in - clothing/undergarments in a drawer.

• I pulled a spread, is someone in your family a taurus, under 30, I see the money returned, but it may have been stolen first.

• I need some info to clarify my reading because it may be found hidden near water, like a bathroom etc.

• Thank you for your help.

Actually I'm in Manila again. It was my 17 year old sister who I asked to go through my drawers and locate the cash. She's no Taurus, but a Scorpio. I didn't want to suspect her, but I will ask her anyway (tactfully) if she has taken my cash.

My room in Sydney is right next door to the bathroom. What other clarification would you like, luv2laf?

• I did actually see the word 'stolen' at first, with the thief never intending to put the money back. But then it changed and I felt like the thief had or is having a change of heart and put/will put the money back in the drawer under or covered with some material (as if it got caught in or hidden by something).

• Hi, I copeid the spread down, and in a couple of hours will read it to you. It is quite revealing.

• Dear RubyThursday,

This was a difficult reading for me to tell you,

It was either stolen, or your mom lost it, this is what the cards have told me, I see an apology in the future for you. I would read the cards in detail, but they would say the same thing. I have laid the cards out again and more info came in, it does not look good, there is deception on a friendship level as well or someone you trusted. The only one who came up was your mom. The reason why taurus came up could have been a worry over the activities of another. I also mentioned that the money may be returned and if it is then fantastic, otherwise I see an apology coming to you from someone you care about, Sorry, and I wish you all of the best.

• Dear TheCaptain and luv2laf, thank you both for your insight and help. I hope that a turn of good does happen to come upon me, and that I find the cash. At the very least, if it's not returned or if it is gone for good, I hope I can find the closure to know where it went!

Thank you again for your help.

• So you don't believe in banks?

• Hi TheCaptain,

This is a really old post. Ha ha, yes we believe in banks. Just not for the particular amount I lost... it was in American dollars, which we dont use in Australia. Just wanted to say thank you for your insight. You were right when you said you could see it stuffed in the drawer, probably obscured by cloth and other things. It was. Thank you for your help and time on that 🙂

• You're very welcome! 🙂